The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Welcome to The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2! This is the second season of our competition based on Donald Trump's popular Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice TV series. There will be two teams and an international theme.

Hrm...interesting...wonder what you have in mind!

This motif will cover all international Disney parks, along with a few surprises along the way. A challenge will be presented every week unless otherwise noted.

Wait...did you just give me a reason to visit all the foreign parks this year (checks his credit card balance)..

ROCK ON!!

Teams have to work together to complete challenges under the leadership of a project manager, an actual position at WDI. After proposals are submitted, I will judge them and declare one team the winner (if only one team submits, the team that doesn't will lose unless otherwise noted).

Good to note that, after last year. Look, moving forward, lets at least submit what we have as teams, right? You may lose, but who cares?

Nomatter if they are incomplete presentations, they are all good ideas! Last year I was so disappointed that the other team didn't show us their concepts a few times, because I was so sure they were fantastic!

The losing team's project manager must nominate two team members to be put up for elimination (along with them). Competitors will then make their cases and I will decide who is fired/eliminated.

I should never be fired, because I am awesome.

10 people will be accepted to compete. Sign-ups end Friday, July 4th, 2014, at 9 PM EST. Good luck!

Ok, signed up. Just don't pair me with that Zwei whatever guy or that crazy Monorail chick again. I really hated working with them. They had all this talent and ideas and stuff, and it was quite disturbing. <wink>

Further Rules
The First Amendment -

Contestants must only post their proposals in the main thread. After that, no comments can be made unless run by me through PM first. If someone posts something negative or without consulting me, that will result in immediate elimination of that contestant. All discussion between losing team members should remain in the Board Room after I begin that challenge's discussion.

I don't agree with this. I think, like the world cup, commentary should be allowed, and should be ok, as long as it is civil. Insulting other contestants isn't valid (like calling @MonorailRed a poo poo head), but stating why you think their contribution is invalid should be allowed.

Of course, it's your comp, and I bow to your rules, but I think moderated "smack talking" should be allowed, as should responses.

I do, however, agree that team discussions should remain in the private threads...not public. No one wants to see you and your girlfriend have a fight.

As I said though, your comp, your rules. And I'll follow them (since I likely created this rule last year <grin>)

The Second Amendment -
Each contestant gets 7 "Vacation Days". These can be used to extend the due date of a project. You can use them one at a time, two at a time, etc. This also increases competition and motivation, because whoever has more teammates, has more vacation days for the team to use. Also, if someone on your team has all of their Vacation Days, and then they get fired, there go 7 extended days your team could use.

I like it. It solidifies what you created last year, which I think was fair.

The Third Amendment -
Vacation Days may not be taken out of hand. To prevent overly extended due dates, there is a limit to how many Days each team may utilize. Unless told otherwise, each team can use up to 5 Vacation Days. This rule must be followed to maintain a respectable competition.

Also, like it!

The Fourth Amendment -
If either teams' proposal is posted by someone other than the project manager that team will be penalized. Each contestant will have a Vacation Day taken out of their inventory.

I don't like this rule. I think it should be removed. Whilst we are still in group play, we should not, as a team, be penalized for internet or lifestyle outages if the group leader is not around.

The Fifth Amendment -
For this competition, all deadlines will be set by the contestants under my guidance (unless otherwise noted). Every week (or so), after I post the challenge, I will provide everyone with multiple options for a time and two options for a day. Everyone will discuss what works for them until we agree on a compromise, after which I will finalize that date. This rule is meant to improve interest and convenience in the contest.

I think this came from a long ago suggestion of mine, and I like that, a lot. As long as once the final deadline is agreed upon, it's final.

The Sixth Amendment -
Each team must turn in something (any progress that has been made, complete or not) every week. Though it may go against people's competitive nature, we believe something is better than nothing (and an automatic loss).

Nothing to say here except YES! Even bad stuff is good!

The Seventh Amendment -
You are not required to use photos (unless otherwise noted) but if you choose to, you may only use up to 5 (once again, unless noted).

Seems a useless amendment, but ok.

The Eighth Amendment -
There is an immunity idol which gives its holder (who is determined by myself and my "advisers") immunity from elimination. The winning Project Manager every week receives this honor (unless decided otherwise) and is safe from elimination the next week.

While interesting, I don't like this. It adds politics (you get to choose) where there need not be any.

But, again, your game, your rules.

The Ninth Amendment -
Any competitor who is using the immunity idol must assist their team anyways, unless noted. It is not a get-out-of-work-free pass. If the holder of immunity refuses to help, they will be eliminated.

How do you judge that? Lets say I'm on a team with that insufferable wench, @MonorailRed, and I say that I will do something in the PM., and then don't? Is that judged as "I tried"? Or is that judged as I refused to try?

How do you judge that?

Ok, there are my thoughts. Can't wait for the comp to begin, as long as I don't work with those two idiots again. They really made my blood boil, working with them. All their amazing ideas and stuff.

Put me with a team that isn't thinking outside of the box. <of course, kidding>

MonorailRed

Applebees
Ok, signed up. Just don't pair me with that Zwei whatever guy or that crazy Monorail chick again. I really hated working with them. They had all this talent and ideas and stuff, and it was quite disturbing. <wink>

:rolleyes:

gaston-gif.gif

H
(like calling @MonorailRed a poo poo head),

tumblr_inline_mk8e87zgRA1qz4rgp.gif

How do you judge that? Lets say I'm on a team with that insufferable wench, @MonorailRed,

Insufferable Wench? Ouch.

Scan+145.jpg

Ok, there are my thoughts. Can't wait for the comp to begin, as long as I don't work with those two idiots again. They really made my blood boil, working with them. All their amazing ideas and stuff.

tumblr_inline_mgy4hgnNz21rnjktj.gif

:D

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Hrm...interesting...wonder what you have in mind!
Good to note that, after last year. Look, moving forward, lets at least submit what we have as teams, right? You may lose, but who cares?

Nomatter if they are incomplete presentations, they are all good ideas! Last year I was so disappointed that the other team didn't show us their concepts a few times, because I was so sure they were fantastic!
Right.

I should never be fired, because I am awesome.
You are awesome, but you may still be eliminated.

Haha

I don't agree with this. I think, like the world cup, commentary should be allowed, and should be ok, as long as it is civil. Insulting other contestants isn't valid (like calling @MonorailRed a poo poo head), but stating why you think their contribution is invalid should be allowed.

Of course, it's your comp, and I bow to your rules, but I think moderated "smack talking" should be allowed, as should responses.

I do, however, agree that team discussions should remain in the private threads...not public. No one wants to see you and your girlfriend have a fight.

As I said though, your comp, your rules. And I'll follow them (since I likely created this rule last year <grin>)
You are right in that it was created at your fault. I will look into something though.

I like it. It solidifies what you created last year, which I think was fair.
Yep.

Also, like it!
Good!

I don't like this rule. I think it should be removed. Whilst we are still in group play, we should not, as a team, be penalized for internet or lifestyle outages if the group leader is not around.
This amendment isn't worded well and will be edited.

I think this came from a long ago suggestion of mine, and I like that, a lot. As long as once the final deadline is agreed upon, it's final.
Do you mean not to be added to with VDs, or do you meanit won't change again before the challenge starts?

Nothing to say here except YES! Even bad stuff is good!
Most definitely.

Seems a useless amendment, but ok.
Remember the circumstances. People were posting things with too many pictures, slowing down the thread and requiring multiple posts.

While interesting, I don't like this. It adds politics (you get to choose) where there need not be any.

But, again, your game, your rules.
It won't be political as we will only choose the first (with good reason...you'll see).

How do you judge that? Lets say I'm on a team with that insufferable wench, @MonorailRed, and I say that I will do something in the PM., and then don't? Is that judged as "I tried"? Or is that judged as I refused to try?

How do you judge that?
We're going to take a look at that one. It was sort of tacked on to prevent those with the immunity idol from slacking off.

Thank you VERY much for all of your thoughts!

Zweiland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom