The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 1

Sam Magic

Thanks! We did consider the Cold War, but we wanted to be as apolitical as possible. As for the Articles of Confederation and the turn of the century, those are great ideas!
While I understand the safeness with your decision I believe that ignoring such important times that helped to shape our nation is an insult to the generations that had to endure those times. I feel our world wants to block out all debris of the Cold War and pretend nothing happened when in fact that "war" was the most important one ever experienced by humanity. 10,000 years of evolution and only 60 years of that have we been able to completely destroy this world fifteen times over. A small part dedicated to this would have been nice. Anyways you still had a fantastic proposal and please keep up your fine work.

LittleGiants16

So I know I'm late but here goes.

Fantasy - I like the idea. The location is very convenient because, well, people don't like to walk very far from attraction to attraction and the proximity to Independence Hall was a good thought. Overall I thought the idea to 'fix' history was clever. The one thing that I would be leery of, however, is defining how you 'fix' history. Think about the Civil War for example. If you made the recruits be sure that the North wins Gettysburg there are those in the population who would like this alternative history better. I know this sounds like I'm just blowing smoke but think about what happened with Habit Heroes. I thought it seemed like a clever exhibit that made a serious point about obesity and healthy habits. But because of the caricaturization of obesity there was backlash. I'm not trying to say that I think the South will rise again but there are those who do and as such we as Imagineers need to try and be cognizant of all opinions. All in all though I liked your idea, especially the immersive experiences that you incorporated.

Magic - Can't say much really.

Sorry again for being late. Best of luck in the next challenge!!!

LittleGiants16

Guys, JDM wanted me to pass along that the next challenge will be up sometime tomorrow. We're trying to decide what to do as far as eliminations go next time. Good night contestants.

MonorailRed

Applebees

I Blame Meg!

I'm gonna miss you @MonorailRed!

Nomatter where this competition goes, I think you are a superstar!

@Zweiland - We really need to have our act together to beat that team!

I unliked this post...merely cause I'm gonna miss her!

I saw this first... and I was like... Wait... What?! Then I scrolled up and saw I was switching teams....
Thanks @englanddg !

@englanddg and @Zweiland - It's been awesome working with both of you guys... both of you guys are really good with each project and are going to be very challenging competitors.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
@MonorailRed will be switching teams from Fantasy to join @Matt7187 on Team Magic. Good luck!

Well... I don't know what to say.

Other than.... Goodbye Team Fantasy! Hello Team Magic!

@Matt7187 Looking foreword to working with you!

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Just to be clear...
The Seventh Amendment -
This is a short amendment detailing images in ones proposal. You are not required to use photos (unless otherwise noted) but if you choose to, you may only use up to 5 (once again, unless noted).

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 6: Spring the Trap!
This week, our final four competitors must create a brand new restaurant to fit into the re-branded Downtown Disney. When Disney Springs was officially announced, the West Side area of DTD was the one that lacked the change it needed. This realm of the kingdom, with the addition of an "elevated railway track" and lots of flickering lights, might be considered the industrial village section of the town. With that in mind, we challenge you to design a well themed restaurant based on industrial ideals, that becomes a must do for Walt Disney World visitors in three ways; Food, Interior Decor, and Exterior Facade. These should be the base things you focus on. Perhaps you could decode this clue to find some inspiration for the aura of the eatery...

This weeks Project Managers are;
Magic
@MonorailRed
Fantasy
@englanddg

The stakes are once again high as two more people will be eliminated this week. That's right, the whole losing team is automatically out.

Once again this week, @LittleGiants16 will be acting as an adviser as well as @Sam4D23 , like Trump's children and associates on the show.

Please provide a location on the West Side for the restaurant and at least one image giving a sense of your restaurant. You guys may communicate amongst your teams in a PM I will create and watch over with LittleGiants and Sam. Ask me any questions there. Due date is Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 9 PM ET. No Vacation Days can be used this week. After you post your ideas please do not get into personal conflicts with the other team about concepts, or actions of punishment will take place. Good Luck! :)

Post Script: Maybe you could compare this to the never-built New York restaurant...

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Challenge 6: Spring the Trap!

We on Team Magic are proud to welcome Neighbors, the best new dining experience to Disney Springs! Our restaurant is themed after Thomas Edison and Henry Ford's winter house in Florida. Below is a link for a video that will describe our new restaraunt much better:

http://s970.photobucket.com/user/thekkayc/media/Neighbors2_zps8b475dd2.mp4.html

Thank you for watching, and the best of luck to Team Fantasy!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Challenge 6: Spring the Trap! - Team Fantasy
This week, our final four competitors must create a brand new restaurant to fit into the re-branded Downtown Disney. When Disney Springs was officially announced, the West Side area of DTD was the one that lacked the change it needed.

This realm of the kingdom, with the addition of an "elevated railway track" and lots of flickering lights, might be considered the industrial village section of the town.With that in mind, we challenge you to design a well themed restaurant based on industrial ideals, that becomes a must do for Walt Disney World visitors in three ways; Food, Interior Decor, and Exterior Facade.

These should be the base things you focus on. Perhaps you could decode this clue to find some inspiration for the aura of the eatery...

Vino's Cabaret

8618191_orig.jpg

Step into the world of the roaring 20s, where the music plays and the root beer flows!

Vino's is a cabaret, offering live lunch and dinner performances as a series of variety acts. Comedians, magicians and of course Vino's band will perform for Guests as they sample their choices of unique contemporary american cuisine, as well as the best handmade deep dish pizza pie's made outside of Chicago.

The restaurant would be located directly across the walkway from House of Blues and Cirque de Soleis, fronting to the water.

untitled-jpg.35173

Upon arrival, guests enter through a themed gift shop. The shop sells a variety of 20s themed merchandise such as fedoras, t-shirts, flapper headdresses, feather boas, as well as Vino's signature house sauces and recipe books. As they continue to the back of the shop, optical and lighting effects will reveal a "hidden" passageway (common in the 1920's for dinner clubs). To get to the restaurant, they will journey through a this hallway, themed like they have stepped into a back alley in Chicago, with bricks and LED stars overhead, to get to the hostess / waiting area.

vitos-jpg.34648

Tables would have a lazy susan in them, to allow dishes to be shared easily.
table-jpg.34652
That's right, shared. Vino's is family style, and sharing is encouraged! As Guests dine, various live performers will entertain them throughout their meal, and maybe even interact with them directly!

As the guest leaves the sparsely themed "alley" pathway and waiting area, they turn a corner and an ornately decorated stage, done with a mixture of art deco with turn of the century Victorian influences. Very film noir!

the+ritz+london+dinner+for+two+after+theatre+2.jpg

The entertainment isn't just limited to the stage!

You will spy our sous chefs touring the restaurant making our signature dessert, banana's foster, right at someones table, or making a Caesar Salad, dressing and all, freshly prepared just for you.

However, the menu at Vinos is the real star of the show. With a contemporary american theme, the menu has been designed to appeal to a variety of dietary needs, with dishes available for vegetarians, pescatarians, and vegans. The menu ingredients are reused often in many dishes, unifying a signature "taste" for the restaurant and also easing food cost and waste concerns for the Kitchen Manager.

Vinos dough and sauces are made in house, and are fresh. The dough is made daily and allowed to proof naturally, which provides a special tang to it which rush proofed dough does not have. Since the kitchen will be making dough in the mornings, the restaurant will be open with a limited breakfast menu.

Breakfast Menu

Entrees
Trapped Eggs

Eggs trapped inside a circle of 5 grain Italian bread and sauteed in butter to perfection. Served with a side of fresh fruit and choice of bacon or Italian sausage patty (spicy or mild).

Jailed Eggs
Avocado slices with the skin still on. The egg is placed in the middle and then sauteed and lightly spiced. Topped with Sour Cream, chives and bacon bits. Served with a side of fresh fruit and 5 grain Italian toast.

Vito's Kitchen Sink (Signature)
Served on thin crust pizza dough, this breakfast pizza has fresh pizza dough topped with Italian sausage (spicy or mild), scrambled eggs spiced with house hot sauce, jalepenos, green peppers and white onions. All of this is then topped with cheddar and provolone for a savory breakfast treat.

The Whole Shebang
Eggs, Bacon, Italian Sausage Patties (Spicy or Mild), Fresh Fruit and 5 grain Italian Toast

All breakfasts are served with a choice of beverage, including fresh Pink Grapefruit or Orange Juice or French Press coffee / Tea brewed at your table.

At 11am, the Breakfast menu will end and the Lunch / Dinner menu will be introduced.

Lunch / Dinner Menu

Appetizers
Sleep with the Fishes

Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna, diced. Mixed with diced avocado and coated with a balsamic reduction. Topped with fresh sliced roma tomatoes, chopped basil and sea salt.
Pescatarian Friendly

Pork Barrels
Pork loin medallions seasoned with rosemary and thyme, then grilled to perfection. Sliced thinly and then wrapped around a filling of spinach, prosciutto and mozzarella. Lightly breaded and baked to seal in the juices. Served with a house marinara dipping sauce.

Angels on Horseback
Bay Oysters topped with just the right amount of fresh horseradish. Wrapped in hickory smoked bacon and grilled to perfection.

Devils on Horseback
Jalepenos, deseeded, stuffed with whipped cream cheese and wrapped in hickory smoked bacon. Grilled to perfection. Served with a horseradish aioli dipping sauce.

Brisling Brucetta
Brisling mixed with finely diced tomatoes and celery stalk. Marinated in lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar and spices. Served on freshly baked multigrain Italian bread medallions with thinly sliced avocado. Garnished with parsley.
Pescatarian Friendly

Bloody Mary Bites (Signature Dish)
Bison Sirloin, cubed, skewered and seared to order. Served with a bloody mary dipping sauce, a tomato based vodka sauce seasoned with horseradish, Worcestershire and house hot pepper sauce. It's simple, but satisfying.

Zucchini Zippers
Sliced zucchini coated seasoned and coated with Panko breadcrumbs. Topped with fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano. Served with a horseradish aioli dipping sauce.
Vegetarian Friendly
Vegan Friendly (without cheese)

Soups
French Tomato (Signature Dish)
Tomato soup made with 3 types of tomato (Roma, Heirloom, Simply Sweet) and cream. This thick chunky broth is seasoned with hints of basil and lemon. Then topped with a multigrain italian bread crouton and provolone cheese and baked.

Vino's Veggie
Minestrone Soup with a twist. The traditional chicken broth is replaced with vegetable stock. Eggplant and zuccini add life to the dish, complimenting fresh chopped green beans, cannellini beans, celery and spinach. Served over a bed of ditalini pasta and topped with fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano.
Vegetarian Friendly

Salads
Bison Carpaccio
Dry aged Bison Tenderloin thinly sliced and served on a bed of arugula, thinly sliced roma tomatoes, and white onions. Topped with capers and shaved aged Parmesan Reggiano, and drizzled with a house balsamic vinaigrette (Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, sea salt, black pepper).

Big Ceasar (Signature Dish)
Enjoy watching your dish prepared before you by a licensed sous chef at your table. Made the traditional way, the dressing is mixed and seasoned to your specifications. Served on a bed of chopped fresh romaine and garnished with Parmesan Reggiano.
Chicken or Seared Ahi Tuna may be added for an additional charge.

Pescatarian Friendly
Vegetarian Friendly (without anchovy)
Vegan friendly (without anchovy or cheese)

Pasta Trio
As a stand alone, or an addition to a Chicago Pie, this trio of freshly made house pasta salads uses the freshest seasonal vegetables ingredients to provide a cool and refreshing experience. Available with whole grain or semolina pastas. Ask your server for the specific pasta salads being offered today.
Vegetarian Friendly
Vegan friendly

Pizzas (Chicago Style)
Vino's Works (Signature)
Deep dish pizza served the Chicago way! Sauce on top! goodness in the middle. House made fresh thick crust is put into a deep pan and filled with pepperoni, Italian sausage (choice of spicy or mild), pepperoni, white onions, mushrooms, green peppers, kalamata olives all topped with the house chunky marinara and the blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.

Vino's Meats
Deep dish pizza filled with prosciutto, Italian sausage (choice of spicy or mild), pepperoni, ground beef and freshly cooked bacon bits. Topped with house chunky marinara and a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.

Vino's Veg
Deep dish pizza filled with green peppers, mushrooms, onions, kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, zucchini and eggplant. Topped with house chunky marinara and a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.
Vegetarian Friendly

Vino's Bare
Keep it simple! Chopped roma tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes seasoned with fresh basil and oregano, topped with our special house marinara sauce and a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.
Vegetarian Friendly

Vino's BBQ
A new take on BBQ! Shredded grilled pork loin or chicken, green peppers, onions all topped with a tangy BBQ sauce made in house! Topped with a blend of Cheddar, Romano and Provolone cheese.
Jalapenos available for an additional charge.

Vino's Lasagna (Signature)
A twist on a family classic. Seasoned ricotta cheese is alternately layered with thinly sliced eggplant, Italian sausage (choice of spicy or mild), mushrooms and ground beef in freshly made deep dish pizza crust. Then topped a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.

Vino's Lasagna Veg
Same as our Pizza Lasagna, but meats are replaced with mushrooms, green peppers, kalamata olives, and onions! Then topped a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.
Vegetarian Friendly

Pizzas (Thin Crust)
Prefer your pizza with the sauce on the bottom? Try our Thin Crust!

Vino's Thin Works
House chunky marinara topped with pepperoni, Italian sausage (choice of spicy or mild), pepperoni, white onions, mushrooms, green peppers, kalamata olives, and a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.

Vino's Thin Meats
House chunky marinara topped with prosciutto, Italian sausage (choice of spicy or mild), pepperoni, ground beef, freshly cooked bacon bits, and a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.

Vino's Thin Veg
House chunky marinara topped with green peppers, mushrooms, onions, kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.
Vegetarian Friendly

Vino's Thin Bare
House marinara topped with chopped roma tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes seasoned with fresh basil and oregano, and a blend of Romano, Parmesan Reggiano and Provolone cheese.
Vegetarian Friendly

Vino's Thin BBQ
A tangy house made BBQ sauce topped with shredded grilled pork loin or chicken, green peppers, onions and a blend of Cheddar, Romano and Provolone cheese.
Jalapenos available for an additional charge.

Vino's Artichoke White (Signature)
Taleggio, Romano and mozzarella cheese seasoned with oregano and topped with diced artichoke hearts and red peppers. Drizzled with Frescobaldi Laudemio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and freshly shredded Parmesan Reggiano.
Vegetarian friendly

Build Your Own Pizza

Step 1) Pick a crust and size
Deep Dish (Personal or Family)
Thin Crust (Personal or Family)

Step 2) Pick your Toppings
Meats
Pepperoni
Italian Sausage (Spicy or Mild)
Ground Beef
Prosciutto (Parma Ham)
Bacon Bits
Anchovy
Shredded Pork Loin
Shredded Chicken
Lobster

Veg
Kalamata Black Olives
Green Spanish Olives
White Onion
Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
Red Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
Avocado
White Button Mushrooms
Roma Tomato
Zucchini
Eggplant
Artichoke Hearts

Step 3 - Pick your Sauce
House Made Marinara
BBQ
Olive Oil Drizzle

Step 4 - Pick your Cheese
Cheeses (make a blend)
Romano
Provolone
Cheddar
Parmesan Reggiano

Step 5 - Plus it Up!
Chopped Garlic
Fresh Basil
Fresh Oregano
Fresh Chopped Parsley

Entrees
Vino's au Poivre (Signature)
Aged Bison Filet coated in crushed black peppercorn and seasoned and seared to order. Topped with a brandy cream reduction and served with grilled artichoke hearts.

Seared Wasabi Ahi Tuna
Coated with sesame seeds and then lightly seared to your specification, the Tuna filet is then drizzled with a wasabi cream sauce and served with a side of caramelized baby carrots.
Pescatarian Friendly

Vino's Wellington
Aged Bison Filet wrapped in a puff pastry with layers of prosciutto and spiced chopped mushroom and garnished with fresh sea salt. Served with a brandy cream reduction and grilled tomatoes.

Tuna Wellington
Ahi Tuna wrapped in a puff pastry with layers of avocado and spiced chopped mushroom and garnished with fresh sea salt. Served with a wasabi cream sauce and chopped tomato, celery and onion salad drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar.
Pescatarian Friendly

Veal Picatta Sting
What is a sting? It's a trick. A scam. But, we are not scamming you on taste! The sting? It's not veal. It's chicken! Chicken breast is then coated in a seasoned panko crumb and sauteed to perfection. This is topped with a white wine sauce with hints of lemon, garlic and capers. Served with a side of grilled garlic asparagus.

Vitos Mac
This burger is unique. No bun! Our house made mac and cheese is formed, breaded in panko and fried to golden perfection, and are your buns. This is topped with Cheddar Cheese, a seasoned ground beef patty cooked to your specification, sliced roma tomato, shredded romaine, chopped white onion and drizzled with olive oil and Parmesan Reggiano cheese. Served with your choice of specialty Pasta Salad or fries.

Vitos on the Rocks
Maine Rock Lobster and shrimp, grilled and served with freshly made linguine and a house cream sauce seasoned with garlic, shallots and black pepper. Served with melted garlic butter.

Desserts
Vino's Foster (Signature)
Our twist on a traditional favorite. Watch as your desert lights up the room as a licensed sous chef prepares this dish in front of your table. Bananas are sauteed in butter and brown sugar until caramelized, then rum is added for a spectacular flambe. Served over house made vanilla bean ice cream.
Vegetarian Friendly

Vino's Berries Foster
Prepared the same way as Vino's Foster, flambeed at your table, but with strawberries, pitted cherries and chopped kiwi.
Vegetarian Friendly

Vino's Cheesecake
House made cheesecake served with fresh raspberry, blackberry or mango compote.
Vegetarian Friendly

Vino's Keys
Our take on Key Lime pie. Fresh Key Limes served on a cinnamon graham cracker crust. Garnished with fresh Key Lime zest for that extra pucker!
Vegetarian Friendly
Vegan Friendly

Vino's Pie
One of our signature personal thin crust pizzas topped with a mixture of diced granny smith and Washington apples, a cinnamon crumble, and drizzled with a sweet vanilla sugar icing.
Vegetarian Friendly
Vegan Friendly

Children's Menu

Appetizers

House Salad

Chopped Tomato, Romaine Lettuce, Olives (choice of green or black), and Chopped Pepperoni tossed with a choice of dressing.

French Tomato (Signature)
Same as the adult soup, but a smaller portion. No extra crouton unless requested.
Vegetarian Friendly

Vino's Veggie
Same as the adult soup, but a smaller portion.
Vegetarian Friendly

Entrees
Vino's Burger
A burger served on five grain Italian bread that has been toasted to make it soft and inviting. Topped with sliced roma tomato and romaine lettuce and served with fresh pasta salad or fries.Provolone or Cheddar cheese available for a small charge.

Mac and Cheese
A bowl of Vito's House Made Mac and Cheese. Creamy and delicious. Served with Mixed Steamed Vegetables.

Vino's Mac and Meat Pizza (Signature)
Served on a thin crust pizza, topped with a layer of ground beef, mac and cheese, and for extra gooey goodness, a layer of Provolone. Served with Mixed Steamed Vegetables.

Chicken Fingers
Panko breaded and baked chicken breast strips served with choice of dipping sauce and Mixed Steamed Vegetables.

Build your Own Pizza (Limited to Personal Size Only)
Same options as adults

Children's Desserts
Make your Own Sundae
Vanilla Ice Cream served with Sprinkles and other toppings. Kids make their own Sundae.

Fresh Fruit
An assortment of in season fruits.

Dining Plan accepted.

All Appetizers, Entrees, Desserts and Pizzas are 1 credit. Family pizzas are 2 credits. Children under 10 may use their credits towards the purchase of a Family sized pizza. Children's credits may also be used towards any breakfast item.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom