The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 1

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Actually, WED, according to the third amendment, you can only use 5 Vacation Days. So Challenge 5 is due on Thursday, September 26, at 9PM ET.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Just to be clear, Wed has officially designated a teammate as PM, so don't fret when he doesn't post their submission.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Unfortunately, @ctxak98 has chosen to leave the competition due to an overwhelming school schedule and workload. We wish him the best of luck in the rest of his educational year. Challenge 5 is still do in two days...

Zweiland

TEAM FANTASY’S SUBMISSION
CHALLENGE 5: INDEPENDENCE DAY PART 2

TeamLogo.png

Challenge 5: Independence Day Part 2
This week, contestants must go under contract with the national park service. You, the Sorcerer's Apprentice Imagineers, are being hired by the US to design and construct a new venue called the Independence Museum in Philadelphia. You must choose a reasonable location on or around Independence Mall. The exterior must match the Old City area, while within a story must be told. Throughout the exhibits, the story of America, from early colonization to now must be told (not the entire story, but basic climaxes that brought us to our current standing). Try to impress the people of Philadelphia, and captivate a nation with this original venue. Bring Americans back to their original capital.

THE INDEPENDENCE MUSEUM: ADVENTURES IN HISTORY

ush2.png

An all new interactive experience opening right off the Independence Mall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Independence Museum: Adventures in History invites guests to experience America’s past themselves.

ub9v.png

Ye Map.jpg

The storyline is simple: Scientists have invented a way to time travel, but in the process have caused all of the history of the United States to go wrong. The guests, or "recruits", are on a mission to save America from a bleak future! The show building has 8 levels, each representing a different time period:

· Early Colonization

· Revolutionary War

· Civil War

· Reconstruction and the Gilded Age

· The Roaring 20s and Great Depression

· World War II

· The Space Age

· The Future

Each level will have a certain mission the guest will have to complete in order to restore history. As a sample of what we mean, here is a description for the level The Roaring 20s and Great Depression:

************************************************************************************************
1920s/Great Depression Floor

You enter right into the Nightlife of the Roaring 20's. You step outside and you're in the big city of Chicago.
2524656_f520.jpg

1. Your first stop leads you to a city building, where it tells you your mission is to make sure an planned mob fight doesn't happen. It shows different mobsters to look out for, such as Al Capone and Bugs Moran. It shows you a map your next location, to educate you on a past massacre. The Saint Valentine's Day Massacre.

2. A film on the Mobsters of the era and the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

3. A Dining Area for the Museum. Serving five star dishes with a Jazz band as entertainment. Since this was the Prohibition era, I couldn't help but add a bar as well.

4. The Search - This will be the interactive game of the area. As you enter, you have been chosen now to go after some of the most notorious mobsters of all time, driving in a 1920s car, you will also be on the lookout for any hideouts. The Ride will have screens surrounding the vehicle and 3D glasses like Pirates: Battle for Buccaneer Gold (DisneyQuest), Vehicle Responses like Jungle Cruise, but since it'll be set in the 1920's it'll be more like the Old Dick Tracy Ride concept that was going to be at Hollywood Studios. 5&6 are a connected exhibit.

5. A Look Into the 1920s - A walkthrough of life through the 1920s. at the end of the exhibit, you hear on the radio the stockmarket crash of 1929, and you are soon transported years later, into the Great Depression.
6. A Look Into the Great Depression - Shows the differences of Americans during the Great Depression and milestones that happened during those years.

7. The only Thing We have to Fear - Similar to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Your the guests of Franklin D. Roosevelt's first Inauguration and you also get to hear his speech.

8. Average House - Walkthrough of a typical house during the Great Depression.

9. Hooverville- See the living conditions of the homeless during the Great Depression.
************************************************************************************************

If the missions are completed successfully, the guests will be treated to a bright future on the last level. If not… the future might not be so great. Either way, this will be an amazing experience that will bring a fresh life to the city of Philadelphia and the nation itself.

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Sam4D23 Review:

Team Fantasy: This proposal was fantastic! You accurately covered the many moods of the Great Depression/Roaring Twenties and I would have loved to see each sections plan. The location was also very historically oriented and would fit perfectly with the surrounding sites. My only complaint is lack of history; it seems to cover the very basic American times, the combination of the twenties and depression could have easily been done for colonization and revolution. I also would have liked an early nation section the detailed the Articles of Confederation to around Antebellum times. I also dislike the ignoring of turn of the century America which was different from the Gilded Age; World War one is the most offensive as this war mapped out the twenty first century. The last major take-away from what could have been the best proposal made by either time is the ultimate ignorance of the Cold War. This war truly made the US the supreme power it is today and you only devoted the Space Age to it. So much more happened, the rise of the peoples voice, the world division, extremist views, and decisions that shaped the world as we now know it. You seemed to go the regular stereotypical view of history; while presented in a fantastic manner it lacked attention to history and the ability to shed new light on important and overlooked parts of this nations history. Overall grade: B

Team Magic
: This is the second week in a row that you failed to submit. As a former team-mate I know you had communication problems, but throughout the project there was complete lack of participation. You really only began work in the last three days and like Team Fantasy your historical events would have been very stereotypical and stale. All I can say is that this is disappointing; your team looked like it would breeze through every challenge but sadly this team has failed. Good luck remaining members next week. Overall grade F-

Zweiland

Sam4D23 Review:

Team Fantasy: This proposal was fantastic! You accurately covered the many moods of the Great Depression/Roaring Twenties and I would have loved to see each sections plan. The location was also very historically oriented and would fit perfectly with the surrounding sites. My only complaint is lack of history; it seems to cover the very basic American times, the combination of the twenties and depression could have easily been done for colonization and revolution. I also would have liked an early nation section the detailed the Articles of Confederation to around Antebellum times. I also dislike the ignoring of turn of the century America which was different from the Gilded Age; World War one is the most offensive as this war mapped out the twenty first century. The last major take-away from what could have been the best proposal made by either time is the ultimate ignorance of the Cold War. This war truly made the US the supreme power it is today and you only devoted the Space Age to it. So much more happened, the rise of the peoples voice, the world division, extremist views, and decisions that shaped the world as we now know it. You seemed to go the regular stereotypical view of history; while presented in a fantastic manner it lacked attention to history and the ability to shed new light on important and overlooked parts of this nations history. Overall grade: B

Team Magic
: This is the second week in a row that you failed to submit. As a former team-mate I know you had communication problems, but throughout the project there was complete lack of participation. You really only began work in the last three days and like Team Fantasy your historical events would have been very stereotypical and stale. All I can say is that this is disappointing; your team looked like it would breeze through every challenge but sadly this team has failed. Good luck remaining members next week. Overall grade F-
Thanks! We did consider the Cold War, but we wanted to be as apolitical as possible. As for the Articles of Confederation and the turn of the century, those are great ideas!

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Fantasy
Amazing job this week. This proposal, in my opinion, is one of the best in recent challenges. Unlike Sam, I believe you made perfect choices on the events you chose to highlight. They all had a part in shaping America, while avoiding controversy and fresh wounds being reopened. Furthermore, you found the balance between a learning environment and a fun scavenger hunt. As some might say, this is a perfect example of edutainment. However I do wish you had fully fleshed out the other floors, which would have brought much more curiosity and intrigue into my mind. Though, you did put what you had together and post it so I applaud you for that. Overall, you did an absolutely fantasmic job on challenge 5! ;)
Magic
Team Magic... what can I say. Another challenge past, another chance gone. I know this team has been plagued by communication issues, but you even utilized all five of your available vacation days. I just had high hopes once again. Well, oops, there goes another rubber tree plant. :grumpy:

Team Fantasy wins Challenge 5: Independence Day Part 2. Team Magic, you are all up for elimination. Please come to the board room...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom