The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 1

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@WED99 - First, as I've stated before, as long as the arguments are not personal or taken personally (which they shouldn't be), what is the issue. I have no issue crossing verbal swords with any of you, because I respect you all. And if that hasn't been made clear, it is now. However, I LOVE the opportunity to cross verbal swords because I respect you all!

As long as it's seen in that manner (not personal, not offensive) I don't see the issue. And, this sort of debate (and yes, even partisan attack) actually makes the thread more interesting for others.

Just my opine...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@englanddg something I have learned in all my years of working on projects and productions pointing out another teams flaws or trying to find flaws shows levels of insecurity for ones own project.

So, lack of dissent equals approval? That is your implication?

Should not someone from an opposing viewpoint make a case? Should not the competition be investigated and exposed? Should arguments not use evidence? Or should they sit aside? And most importantly, should they be written off?

Sam Magic

So, lack of dissent equals approval? That is your implication?

Should not someone from an opposing viewpoint make a case? Should not the competition be investigated and exposed? Should arguments not use evidence? Or should they sit aside? And most importantly, should they be written off?

I'm fine with you pointing things out in our project but not ruining a good time to do it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You can justify it all you want, if the opposing team doesn't support it then it falls into the category of insulting or bullying.

Or it falls into the category of talking smack. Neither side believes it, neither side approves it, but both sides defend it.

Surprising, considering the amount of smack talk there is regarding soccer and rugby...both sports are full of it...

Sam Magic

Or it falls into the category of talking smack. Neither side believes it, neither side approves it, but both sides defend it.

Surprising, considering the amount of smack talk there is regarding soccer and rugby...both sports are full of it...

I prefer those sports over American Football any day.

WED99

Well I can't control what anyone does, but Team Magic I'm requesting we stop replying on this thread until board room. Lets be the bigger men here.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 1: A Convincing Campaign

Team Magic; @Sam4D23 @WED99 @Matt7187 @Dreamfinder83 @Zman-ks
To start off, I thought it was great that you organized all of your stuff onto your website. It was a nice, unrequested accumulation. I also liked where you came from with the campaign logo (the compass), as it was very symbolic of discovery. However, on the website, I thought some sort of color change should have been made as Disney 2014 almost blended in with the background. Another itch with the logo is that very quote. Disney 2014 isn’t unique to Walt Disney World and could relate to anything Disney. This off message also came through in the video as it featured clips from Paris, Anaheim, and previous attractions (Toontown Fair), thus making it not Walt Disney World specific (what the campaign is for). Other than that, the commercial moved along rather well for a two minute spot and I loved the choice of music, good choice guys. Furthermore, I liked your posters as they were very simple (just like your fantastic slogan), but something just feels off about them. The Partners one specifically just doesn’t fit in to me (the look, not the catchphrase). The testimonial was good and promoted the campaign well but I was definitely hoping you guys would venture out of our little ballpark (members who frequent this sub forum) and hit the big leagues (more constant, long-time posters). Overall, though, you guys did a wonderful job.

Team Fantasy; @MonorailRed @englanddg @Zweiland @ctxak98 @pluto13
Terrific job, guys, at organizing all your stuff together. Rather than using a webpage you put it all in a video which, to me, flowed better and was easier to take from than a webpage as it left me wanting more (in a good way). Speaking of the video, I thought it was near perfect. It was smart to use it as both the ad and presentation. The commercial was great using the unique home video like the other team, but it was a bit different with the multitude of images used from across the resort. Your custom music added to that and was fantastic. Furthermore, your posters were very simple (like Team Magic’s). However, your posters emphasized the campaign title and resort (unlike your opponents) which was a nice touch (and font). Your slogan really hit the spot, and was a very adaptable one. It is very representative of life itself (everything is an adventure) and portrays the term “live life to the fullest” well. The events with the campaign were a nice touch and I mostly understood them, but it feels like you just abandoned it. I wish you had expanded more on it or else it really is just unnecessary. The website you considered would have great too, and I was disappointed to find you not making. The testimonial was perfect (b/c of the “need to go back” quote mostly).Overall, though, you guys did a very magical and convincing job!

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Winners: Team Fantasy
Losers: Team Magic
Team Magic Project Manager, please choose two people on your team for the board room, I will create a separate thread for that, so no arguing until I do. Remember you will need to defend your chances. Good luck! <grin>
(highlight above to reveal post)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You can find full episodes on youtube...and on hulu too, I think, if you have a Hulu Plus membership.

A lot of the later seasons aren't so good, as it got very formulatic, but the early seasons are fun to watch.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 2: Finding A Future

This week, contestants must team up to create a new vision of the future. You must re-imagine Epcot's Future World to represent what it once was; a future that could be based on technological advancements we are making. Your concept should inspire people with hopes of a fantastic future. Guidelines: You must have at least 8 pavilions. You must include these base 8 themes; Seas, Land, Imagination, Transportation, Space, Energy, Communication (SSE) and Community (Innoventions building) and possibly more. Hopefully you can bring back lively feelings of a future that could be, instead of a fantasy we will never enter. Let this music inspire you...

This weeks Project Managers are;
Magic
@Dreamfinder83
Fantasy
@Zweiland

And this week, @LittleGiants16 will be acting as an adviser, like Trump's children and associates on the show.

You guys may communicate amongst your teams in a PM I will create and watch over. Ask me any questions there. Due date is Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM ET. After you post your ideas please do not get into personal conflicts with the other team about concepts, or actions of punishment may take place. Good Luck! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom