Trip Report The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Trip Report *Complete*

The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue - Trip Report

Back home and wanted to at least get a start on this report, before I start canning next week. (Plus Stinker is down for the moment)

I had the best intentions of taking notes, and even bought a journal to do such. (Ya, right, I never even opened it)

My pre- trip and semi live report can be found here.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...keep-saying-that-semi-live-now.955080/page-15

My title explanation is as follows.

The Old- for our Anniversary (27) and at Coronado Springs.

The new- flying instead of the torture it is for me being in a car for 8 1/2 hours, or in the case of Irma 17 1/2. 😑

Also, meeting and getting to chat with some very sweet trip report forum members and their spouses.

That would have been so out of my comfort zone until I met @Tuvalu in May. Very glad that I had the opportunity it was a blast. :)

The borrowed, is my alternate title - The Last Chapter- because believe it or not, I did not renew APs or book a Bounceback. I really am not going back until earliest May of next year and I am totally fine with that.

We almost did bounce back because we love celebrating our Anniversary at the world but it is HOT!! Too Hot and the only way I like a Hurricane or threat of one is in a glass.

The Blue, was lack of rain, other than a horrid storm while having drinks at Coronado and a little bit during a day at AK. Also for the gorgeous blue skies we flew both down and back in.

So onto day 1- flying down.

15 trips to WDW and flew one time, the rest in a car. It is taxing, at best for me to be in the car for more than 30 minutes. I hate it. Always have. My mom still goes a little pale at the thought of our road trips when I was little. My dad had to take the scenic route and stop at every beach and then make us get back in the car to check out another one- in my defense. I just wanted to stay at the first one. I hated getting back in the car lol.

1 hour and there? Ya, I am in.

I was expecting to wait forever but better than a car right? (For me, anyway)
Got there 2 hours before, checked bag, did security, no line. Waited, boarded, took off, and an hour 30 minute flight, landed in a little over an hour.

And yes, I did have a Bloody Mary for breakfast. ;)
AE947B39-C64A-4631-88C5-0534579BC40F.jpeg

20A7F9A7-C7A1-4200-B280-36AB85DE72DC.jpeg
98FD2010-8B98-46F2-8B50-7991BD120EF5.jpeg

Made our way off and down to ME, straight into a line, and was on the bus maybe 5 minutes after getting in line.

216F1D22-629F-4188-B49C-DA382B6B48EC.jpeg
90ABF14B-7E13-498D-AF10-8994D1684524.jpeg
3496A053-83AE-4AD9-AF2C-2A3675D39285.jpeg

Not very easy to get a pic of the gate in a bus.
6F1DBCAA-CF45-4CF5-A0D3-9EDDCD30B12E.jpeg

And we are home! Love the new sign, it reminds me of the old room colors, though which is odd.
CBE8AAD4-ECEC-49A6-9AFB-252F05CA2432.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Not much to post trip report wise, except we are going for a day to DHS, early May, at the end of our beach trip. I have free one day tickets from my Fantasmic fiasco in 2014. I also have a kazillion Wyndham points, I need to use but not so keen on staying offsite. :-/ I may extend it though because guess who is going to be called Gigi once again? A new baby is apparently on the way. 😳
I guess I should be happy that -

a) I have an almost 4 year old grandson
(also a step grandson, 7)

b) My son is 25, and I am just 46, will be 47 when the new baby comes... and 65 when this baby turns 18, but it just makes me feel old. :(

c) my mom is 79, and has two more great grandchildren on the way, besides Stinker.

d) Blessed, but feeling a shot tired, at the thought! I need and will have a Disney trip this year!

Christmas craziness and cute kitty pic, can y’all believe they are almost a year old??
63037BFA-39AA-4971-8DED-EED0A243E51B.jpeg
A6494C44-583C-479F-B7B9-845C14886277.jpeg

Laura Loves Tigger

Congratulations! You are a very young Gigi! You will shower this new baby with so much love. Your kitties are beautiful. We are going back sooner than expected. My husband is taking my daughter and I in June to celebrate our 40th anniversary!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Congratulations! You are a very young Gigi! You will shower this new baby with so much love. Your kitties are beautiful. We are going back sooner than expected. My husband is taking my daughter and I in June to celebrate our 40th anniversary!
Thank you, I think I am still in shock, but I also was with my little buddy and I love him so, so stinking much. He has been gone 24 hours and I miss him already. Thank you about the kitties too, they are my babies too and getting so big.

Congrats on your 40th anniversary coming up. Best place to spend it. 😀 If I even get more than just a day this year, I am going to be so thrilled. (Even just the day) Blessed to have went so much last couple of years but I really think I may need a Disney break!! 😂

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Congratulations to you & your family!!
Congratulations on the new addition to such a beautiful and loving family! 😊
Congratulations ... even if you are still in a bit of shock over the idea.

And I 💕 me some kitty pictures 😉
That's wonderful news! Congratulations!!

Thank you guys all so much! Me, being the Gigi to my little fella, that I am, can’t help but be a little stressed about him sharing the spotlight. He is number one at Pap & Gig’s house. I am very blessed to see my son’s family grow though, that is for sure. He is an excellent daddy and I could not be any prouder than I am. Lil’ Eli is big enough for so many rides now, here’s hoping they let me take him back and I get a future stroll down Main Street with a new little Disney nut in a couple of years. Passing the Disney Torch! ❤️

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So happy for you! Awesome news!!!❤

When in May? I may know someone who will be down in May😉
Thank you! We haven’t made up our mind yet but probably at the end of our beach trip so May 8-th 9 ish. I have so many points we may stay for a few days it just depends on whether we will have B’s Mom with us or not. (She won’t wanna stay in Orlando)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
^looks like it will be 3-4 days at least @Darstarr! Only 2 park days most likely but exploring Disney Springs, something we have never done/ and *gasp* a day at Universal. 😳🤭😑 (never been)

And totally unrelated but
my new fave picture! The graduation one cracks me up- I was trying so hard not to cry. Fakest smile ever! Lol
0B6E8CEF-AB42-4F3D-9626-3FC6E5507038.jpeg

Last edited:

PacNWTigger

Congrats on the new little one to be. I understand the feeling old part of being a Gigi. I actually told my guy's son that if he made me a grandmother before I turned 40 I would be a little miffed...I used other words, but they would likely be censored...hehe.

Also...on a random note...I was thinking about you guys when I was in Scotland, and I was looking for a Scotland duck for you. This is all I found...LOL!!
Scotland duck.jpg

These guys were fearless...I would've much preferred a duck.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Congrats on the new little one to be. I understand the feeling old part of being a Gigi. I actually told my guy's son that if he made me a grandmother before I turned 40 I would be a little miffed...I used other words, but they would likely be censored...hehe.

Also...on a random note...I was thinking about you guys when I was in Scotland, and I was looking for a Scotland duck for you. This is all I found...LOL!!
View attachment 441201
These guys were fearless...I would've much preferred a duck.

That actually kind of sounds like me lol! My son met his wife (she had a two year old at the time) and the next thing I knew he was engaged and married shortly after I met them, so he kind of made me an instant grandmother. I almost had a stroke but it all worked out or I wouldn’t have my little buddy.

That bird doesn’t look real!! It is gorgeous, reminds me of my beach birds. I love all birds, well nice ones. 😂

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I don’t have much time to post anymore, as life has gotten insanely crazy. (Only way to describe it)

Won’t be making the trip to Disney or even the beach in May now, so much is going on in our world. (Life happens, and we are still blessed!)

We were taking our moms and my stepdad, and going to go to Disney World for several days- none of them have ever been.

Not being panic scared, but fact is, 75, 79, 85 all with pre-existing conditions. I do not feel comfortable exposing them. I myself, take meds that lower my immune system, but my biggest thought is exposing them. The beach trip would have been okay but with the long walk to the beach, over the dunes, with the current situation with each of them, joint wise, doesn’t seem possible. With it planned, we don’t want to go, without them. :( To me it just seems so selfish.

Not gonna lie, I want to flat out cry! But- that is life and I am going to put on “My big girl britches” as my momma taught me, and carry on!”

I will be back, just a little later than I thought! And I am blessed.

4B4A90A4-F622-41B6-A899-5639478E6C26.jpeg

My new stray kitty, we are taming, we named her Cookie.
snowballs!
DB95ACC7-2872-4F5D-B990-A701425D9E8A.jpeg

Roxie- 1 year old!
96ECDC5B-526F-4FAC-B501-F1B99F893995.jpeg

Snow selfie!
189709AA-535C-403B-B91B-2846FE26FCB8.jpeg

Zuma, 1 year

B55944A4-B874-42BE-A2A8-445EE0E86674.jpeg

And my sweet momma, who taught me to make a wish on the first star, I see tonight- and to always be silly!

549A2785-774E-472A-8550-EE3141AF61AE.jpeg

B064BD27-BE61-45B2-B734-8E653B015B81.jpeg

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You are blessed ... but that doesn’t mean you can’t also be sad with the decision you had to make. 😘

Glad your mom taught you to always be silly; I try to instill that on my daughter too 😊

PacNWTigger

Your Zuma likes to have his belly up just like my Mo! He's 9 years old. :cat:
Belly Mo.jpg

Totally understand about being bummed about postponing your trip. We are looking at possibly pushing our trip out a bit too. We are currently all booked for an arrival date of April 18th...I have all of the FP planned, Oga reservations, light saber making, and everything else is aligned...I know I would cry if we postpone the trip because the boys have NO idea the amount of planning I do for our trips to be special for them. In the meanwhile I will do as you do...put on the big girl panties and just keep swimming. ;)
source.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom