Trip Report The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Trip Report *Complete*

The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue - Trip Report

Back home and wanted to at least get a start on this report, before I start canning next week. (Plus Stinker is down for the moment)

I had the best intentions of taking notes, and even bought a journal to do such. (Ya, right, I never even opened it)

My pre- trip and semi live report can be found here.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...keep-saying-that-semi-live-now.955080/page-15

My title explanation is as follows.

The Old- for our Anniversary (27) and at Coronado Springs.

The new- flying instead of the torture it is for me being in a car for 8 1/2 hours, or in the case of Irma 17 1/2. 😑

Also, meeting and getting to chat with some very sweet trip report forum members and their spouses.

That would have been so out of my comfort zone until I met @Tuvalu in May. Very glad that I had the opportunity it was a blast. :)

The borrowed, is my alternate title - The Last Chapter- because believe it or not, I did not renew APs or book a Bounceback. I really am not going back until earliest May of next year and I am totally fine with that.

We almost did bounce back because we love celebrating our Anniversary at the world but it is HOT!! Too Hot and the only way I like a Hurricane or threat of one is in a glass.

The Blue, was lack of rain, other than a horrid storm while having drinks at Coronado and a little bit during a day at AK. Also for the gorgeous blue skies we flew both down and back in.

So onto day 1- flying down.

15 trips to WDW and flew one time, the rest in a car. It is taxing, at best for me to be in the car for more than 30 minutes. I hate it. Always have. My mom still goes a little pale at the thought of our road trips when I was little. My dad had to take the scenic route and stop at every beach and then make us get back in the car to check out another one- in my defense. I just wanted to stay at the first one. I hated getting back in the car lol.

1 hour and there? Ya, I am in.

I was expecting to wait forever but better than a car right? (For me, anyway)
Got there 2 hours before, checked bag, did security, no line. Waited, boarded, took off, and an hour 30 minute flight, landed in a little over an hour.

And yes, I did have a Bloody Mary for breakfast. ;)
AE947B39-C64A-4631-88C5-0534579BC40F.jpeg

20A7F9A7-C7A1-4200-B280-36AB85DE72DC.jpeg
98FD2010-8B98-46F2-8B50-7991BD120EF5.jpeg

Made our way off and down to ME, straight into a line, and was on the bus maybe 5 minutes after getting in line.

216F1D22-629F-4188-B49C-DA382B6B48EC.jpeg
90ABF14B-7E13-498D-AF10-8994D1684524.jpeg
3496A053-83AE-4AD9-AF2C-2A3675D39285.jpeg

Not very easy to get a pic of the gate in a bus.
6F1DBCAA-CF45-4CF5-A0D3-9EDDCD30B12E.jpeg

And we are home! Love the new sign, it reminds me of the old room colors, though which is odd.
CBE8AAD4-ECEC-49A6-9AFB-252F05CA2432.jpeg

JamboAKL

Hi! Fellow North Carolinian here. This is my first response to a trip report. I just joined this week. I’m sorry to hear about the CSR housekeeping situation. My husband and I will be staying in the tower this November. To throw my input on NC bbq in here - we are definitely Eastern NC vinegar based sauce fans. I like your shade of blue, but my husband graduated from State, so we’re a red house. Great surprise character interaction on the beach!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing all the fun you and B had. Also very glad to have met you both on this trip! 😊
Thanks for reading Nunu & I hope I am lucky enough to run into you again one day at the World!
I loved your TR but am so sad we didn't get to meet in peraon. One day....
I know I so hoped you could make it but like you said- one day! :)
Hi! Fellow North Carolinian here. This is my first response to a trip report. I just joined this week. I’m sorry to hear about the CSR housekeeping situation. My husband and I will be staying in the tower this November. To throw my input on NC bbq in here - we are definitely Eastern NC vinegar based sauce fans. I like your shade of blue, but my husband graduated from State, so we’re a red house. Great surprise character interaction on the beach!
Hi there and welcome to the boards. We have stayed 7 times at Coronado and this was our only complaint about housekeeping. Maybe it was just a bad week. The Tower is beautiful! Great addition to Coronado. You will love it.
I love the vinegar sauce that is just how my family always ate it. I don’t like it mixed with ketchup though just both vinegars crushed red pepper salt pepper and hot sauce and a touch brown sugar to balance. I think that is Eastern style. I never can remember which uses ketchup lol.

On the basketball, I don’t think a lot of people understand how stressful it can be to have conversations during spring especially in NC. 😂
I don’t take it that seriously but there are people I know that will not speak to opposing sides on game days. 😂😑

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
One last update- but I think it may rain! Rain?? Judging by my dead plants when we got home, it hasn’t rained here in 3 weeks! Hot, dry, dust bowl.
@Darstarr are you here? I am totally just kidding, but if you do bring rain, can you bring us some? 😂
22A7F94F-0CAE-4346-8C08-F4ACDBF07DF3.jpeg

I feel sorry for the leaf lookers that will be here next month, they are all going to dry and shrivel up before they get here. I bet Florida people sling certain words at us like we do to tourist drivers during leaf season.
🤣
965D59B2-115C-4B58-ABA4-3EF31FBDABEB.jpeg

And I don’t think I posted a kitty update. They are getting so big. Went to vet yesterday, almost time to be spayed (next month) I wish I could freeze them. 😭😭
B098B986-02D4-4C9B-9F6B-D6811B674D85.jpeg
FF4DE2CB-1F45-4B7A-9BD1-7AFE6CBCB932.jpeg

And this is Roxie with Nala. Nala is 4 1/2! (Nala left)
7A8C121E-253C-4123-90B9-75F9600B492B.jpeg

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
@Darstarr are you here? I am totally just kidding, but if you do bring rain, can you bring us some?
Ha ha ha😂😂😂😂😂
I had a friend once who thought the government controlled the weather. Like seriously!!! If there was something they were trying to distract us from they would send bad weather. Superstorm Sandy??? The work of the government...
Yeah, we don't hang out anymore.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Ha ha ha😂😂😂😂😂
I had a friend once who thought the government controlled the weather. Like seriously!!! If there was something they were trying to distract us from they would send bad weather. Superstorm Sandy??? The work of the government...
Yeah, we don't hang out anymore.
That has happened a couple of times, I think. 😑 I don’t really think you can control the weather or anybody else, especially politicians. 😳 (Or weather forecasters for that matter., it always does the opposite of what they predict) Just being funny but it rained!!! 😬

I'mwatchinguWizowski

On the basketball, I don’t think a lot of people understand how stressful it can be to have conversations during spring especially in NC. 😂
I don’t take it that seriously but there are people I know that will not speak to opposing sides on game days. 😂😑

Lol I live smack dab in the Triangle!! Cracks me up every time someone gets testy over their team 🤪
Love readying your trip report!! I didn’t realize you could see the Biltmore from the air like that!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Lol I live smack dab in the Triangle!! Cracks me up every time someone gets testy over their team 🤪
Love readying your trip report!! I didn’t realize you could see the Biltmore from the air like that!!
It is funny, and so split here with Duke and Carolina. I love MJ so I have no ill will towards Tarheels, but if Duke is playing them- I am rooting for Duke. I do if the Heels make it past them, switch to Carolina Blue. ;)
Thanks for reading and I know it had been so long since I flew I forgot you can see it that well. It made me glad to be home. :)
Same! We go to Biltmore very frequently as well. Such a beautiful place.

I thoroughly enjoyed your TR! Hopefully it won’t be too terribly long before your next trip!

It is absolutely beautiful. I haven’t been at Christmas in a few years, looking forward to going again this year.

Thanks for reading, I always enjoy your reports too! It won’t be that long, just a small break to let me have that whole looking forward to it more feeling again. Having B on board with Disneyland very well may take WDW’s place for 2020 though! 😍

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Oh my goodness! You poor thing 😟
Hope you get better soon.
Oh no!! I feel so bad. My sister & brother both had them once(not in their eyes though) & said they are very painful.
I hope it clears up quickly!! 🤞
Thanks for sharing your enjoyable report!

Sorry about the shingles - at least you didn't get it while in WDW. Hope it passes soon.
Thank you guys! I ask every year and every year they tell me to wait another year. Go figure! I can see today even if a bit blurry. Warning to take tho- if you had really bad chicken pox like I did and have auto-immune disease, get the shot as soon as you can. I was 41 the first time I got them. It hurts so insanely bad.

MickeyCB

Full as could be, we went back to the room for a bit before doing some laundry and roaming the resort.

It seemed Lotso had been having a party while we were out.
View attachment 409268

Two things to mention here.

1. I am an adult that missed her Lotso so bad, I had to buy a new one to sleep.

Ya, ya, I know grow up right?
Well, my son bought one for me shortly after he got married and I sleep with it under my chin. I have done that for the past 4 1/2 years and if I forget it, I cannot sleep. I have forgotten him twice, so this is my current collection of Lotso bears. 😬😳

View attachment 409269

2. Mousekeeping this trip other than this day and one other was seriously lacking. I tip at least 5 bucks everyday and keep the room very clean. All they have to do is make the bed and take the towels I neatly leave in a pile and leave new ones, empty the trash and leave soap, tissue etc.

Except they rarely left more than one washcloth. 2 people- 1 washcloth? No new soap except one day, and two days in a row did not leave toilet tissue. I seriously had to use the Kleenex!!!!

They also did not leave any k cups on 2 different days. I don’t know if they are short staffed at Coronado with the Tower opening or what but it was ridiculous.

I was also very disappointed that the lotion is gone, as well as the aloe gel. We had mouthwash, they did not replace it when we used it either, and the shower cap, vanity kit and a bar of soap. Also missing was the notepad and pen. How am I supposed to leave a note asking for Toilet tissue with no pen or paper??

I wished I had taken the 60 bucks to have not had Mousekeeping and saved my tip money. 🙄

And edit to add,

Pretty sure I just scared the UPS driver answering the door in my facial purifying mask.
😂😂😂View attachment 409293
That is just hilarious!!

riverside

Thank you guys! I ask every year and every year they tell me to wait another year. Go figure! I can see today even if a bit blurry. Warning to take tho- if you had really bad chicken pox like I did and have auto-immune disease, get the shot as soon as you can. I was 41 the first time I got them. It hurts so insanely bad.
When you said you had chicken pox are you saying as an adult or child? I had them in kindergarten & have scars all over me from them—I had them pretty bad. Also, I have an auto immune disease. I’ve never been advised to get the shot—now I’m wondering....I see my neurologist next month—is it something I should bring up??

MickeyCB

Ohh your eye looks so painful! Sorry to see that.
I just caught up reading and finishing your trip report, had to drive my son to a late start at school in Savannah due to Dorian. We drove right through your beautiful state on route 77 (I believe).
Enjoyed reading along and looking forward to your next report.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
When you said you had chicken pox are you saying as an adult or child? I had them in kindergarten & have scars all over me from them—I had them pretty bad. Also, I have an auto immune disease. I’ve never been advised to get the shot—now I’m wondering....I see my neurologist next month—is it something I should bring up??
As a child. I had a horrible case of them and scarred too. They said that and my immune system is the why I get them yet still say I am too young. I even was just going to pay for the shot because insurance would not cover and they still wouldn’t let me. Hopefully after this bout they will. I would ask your doctor about it for sure. Nothing is worse, I am telling you. Horrid pain especially in the eyeball and surrounding nerve endings.

riverside

As a child. I had a horrible case of them and scarred too. They said that and my immune system is the why I get them yet still say I am too young. I even was just going to pay for the shot because insurance would not cover and they still wouldn’t let me. Hopefully after this bout they will. I would ask your doctor about it for sure. Nothing is worse, I am telling you. Horrid pain especially in the eyeball and surrounding nerve endings.
I will mention it to him for sure when I go. Good luck--I hope you are able to get the shot. I can't begin to imagine how painful that is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom