The Simpsons in Disney Parks

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The point is that such exhortations are simply wrong - wrong in fact and wrong in standing. People, like you, said the same thing about Star Wars, and yet we have Galaxy's Edge with hour-long waits for a second-tier attraction. Star Wars has helped revitalize a theme park that had dropped to "fourth favorite out of four" for most every Disney guest. And the reality is that you don't have standing to say what does and does not "have place" in Disney - that's their exclusive purview. Not even Disney family members have standing to make such determinations. All you, and they, can do is express what you personally like or don't like - not what has a place there or not. That's determined by Disney, itself, and indirectly as a reflection of what guests overall want.

So not only are your comments wrong on two counts, you're committing fully to personally insulting the millions of other people who actually like what you find offensive. I wonder if you realize that that says far more about you than it does about them. It actually says nothing about them, in truth. All that comes out of your comment is a clear picture of how you conduct yourself.

And I see nothing wrong with you not liking these things. But they are Disney even if you don't like it. If you cannot abide that, you'll be happier finding another avocation on which to spend your attention.
People wait 2+ still for mine train...

Easy patting Disney on the back for mediocre Star Wars land. Your “proof” in overcrowded, stale parks makes no convincing argument

They’ve still pooched it. You’ll see in about 30 days

bUU

Easy patting Disney on the back for mediocre Star Wars land. Your “proof” in overcrowded, stale parks makes no convincing argument
You would need to say so given that granting the reality ruins your preferred narrative. The truth is that things are going to work they way they work even if you continuously rail against the reality of it. Regardless, the point is that Disney will include The Simpsons if they legally can and if they determine that it works well for them, and if so they'll almost surely be correct in doing so. It boils back down to what we've discussed often: How insignificant are the personal opinions of individual, over-the-top fannish guests who act all proprietary toward Disney as if their personal opinions are more important than that of the millions of less over-the-top fannish guests who enjoy what Disney offers.

Indy_UK

I like the Simpson's but I feel the franchise is now in its twilight years and I don’t think there will be a demand let alone a will to put them in the parks. I think Disney are just happy to take the $$$ from Universal

Hank Hill

Agree, disagree, agree to disagree...doesn’t matter which. The show is crass and vile, and has no place in Disney. The latest Disney + commercial has Bart pulling his pants down. Actions that appeal to the lowest common denominator is all it is.

The fart in Journey into Imagination, smelling Stitch's chili dog burp, Tinkerbell betting her butt caught in things, Phineas and Ferb..... lowest common denominator in Disney, Oh my!

Sharon&Susan

I like the Simpson's but I feel the franchise is now in its twilight years and I don’t think there will be a demand let alone a will to put them in the parks. I think Disney are just happy to take the $$$ from Universal
The Simpsons has been in it's twilight years for more than a decade now. It's still alive and kicking despite lower than ever viewer ship numbers every year.

I think the only that will kill the franchise now is low merchandise sales and rock bottom ratings. Even then, Fox/Disney might attempt a series reboot with a new voice cast.

World_Showcase_Lover007

The point is that such exhortations are simply wrong - wrong in fact and wrong in standing. People, like you, said the same thing about Star Wars, and yet we have Galaxy's Edge with hour-long waits for a second-tier attraction. Star Wars has helped revitalize a theme park that had dropped to "fourth favorite out of four" for most every Disney guest. And the reality is that you don't have standing to say what does and does not "have place" in Disney - that's their exclusive purview. Not even Disney family members have standing to make such determinations. All you, and they, can do is express what you personally like or don't like - not what has a place there or not. That's determined by Disney, itself, and indirectly as a reflection of what guests overall want.

So not only are your comments wrong on two counts, you're committing fully to personally insulting the millions of other people who actually like what you find offensive. I wonder if you realize that that says far more about you than it does about them. It actually says nothing about them, in truth. All that comes out of your comment is a clear picture of how you conduct yourself.

And I see nothing wrong with you not liking these things. But they are Disney even if you don't like it. If you cannot abide that, you'll be happier finding another avocation on which to spend your attention.

There is no way that I am wrong. It’s what I feel and what I think. I have the absolute right to say these things. I feel the Simpons have no place being a Disney IP. There. I said it. I’m right until I change my mind.

In addition, I have plenty of standing to make and give thoughts on the matter. I’m a human being with independent thoughts, emotions and feelings. That gives me all the standing I need.

If millions of people are insulted by my perspective, then I suppose there will be millions of insulted people walking around this earth today.

This is how the world works. People say things, so you can agree, disagree or something else. You have the same rights.

MickeyLuv'r

The point is that such exhortations are simply wrong - wrong in fact and wrong in standing.

The subject of this thread is, "Could we see anything relating to the Simpsons at the Disney parks?"

Every poster is free to express their opinion on the matter, and opinions can't be wrong. Feel free to have a different opinion, but please stick to the subject of the thread. Thanks.

For myself, I think it is unlikely that we will see Simpsons in WDW any time soon, for the reasons most have already cited.

If WDW did add Simpsons, they'd likely do it very differently than Universal did.

Joebradley62

People wait 2+ still for mine train...

They’ve still pooched it. You’ll see in about 30 days
I completely enjoyed my visit to Galaxy's Edge. Had many interactions with CM in character, rode a good millenium falcon ride and cant wait for Rise of the Resistance to bbn open.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I completely enjoyed my visit to Galaxy's Edge. Had many interactions with CM in character, rode a good millenium falcon ride and cant wait for Rise of the Resistance to bbn open.
Great...

What will you think of it in 5 years when the dust has settled?

Full disclosure: I didn’t hate it. I found it to be well constructed and themed....

However underbuilt and based on an unpopular IP that will be a problem in no time.

Park lands are the long game

Last edited:

Joebradley62

Great...

What will you think of it in 5 years when they dust has settled?

Full disclosure: I didn’t hate it. I found it to be well constructed and themed....

However underbuilt and based on an unpopular IP that will be a problem in no time.

Park lands are the long game
Same as with the other parks I think. I still go and do all the same things I have done for years. I just like being there for some reason. I am not a die hard Star Wars fanatic. I like the movies and enjoyed the land. If I were someone who lives breathes and eats Star Wars I can see how it might disappoint.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Same as with the other parks I think. I still go and do all the same things I have done for years. I just like being there for some reason. I am not a die hard Star Wars fanatic. I like the movies and enjoyed the land. If I were someone who lives breathes and eats Star Wars I can see how it might disappoint.
Fair...

I am a long dyed in the wool Star Wars guy...but not to the point where I can defend the handling of the prequels or Disney’s ridiculous doubling down on mistakes...
I just want it to be better again.

And that’s the context to this: I liked the land more than I thought I would.
But that was in Anaheim so the enjoyment is usually higher

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
The subject of this thread is, "Could we see anything relating to the Simpsons at the Disney parks?"

Every poster is free to express their opinion on the matter, and opinions can't be wrong. Feel free to have a different opinion, but please stick to the subject of the thread. Thanks.

For myself, I think it is unlikely that we will see Simpsons in WDW any time soon, for the reasons most have already cited.

If WDW did add Simpsons, they'd likely do it very differently than Universal did.
Thanks! I didn't mean to start a fight with people. I was just curious if Disney had considered adding the Simpsons to any of their parks. I certainly dont want them to!

Robbiem

Im not how popular the simpsons are in Asia but I could see Disney doing something at the studios in Paris as the IP is still quite popular in Europe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom