The Self-Important, Pompous, Abusive, Holier Than Thou Web Poster’s Prayer

barnum42

Original Poster
We all know and shake our head at those posters on various web forums that are just chock full of their own self-importance and sneer at all opinions that do not concur with their own, throwing tizzy fits when they don’t get their own way, tell the forum owners / mods how the site would be better if it was run their way or are just plain abusive to the small people (that is, everyone else on the board).

It has recently been discovered that despite their normal nature to refuse the cosmos contains a being more important than themselves, they do indeed have a prayer. And so with a nod to Full Metal Jacket, I present the Self-Important Poster’s Prayer:

This is my pedestal. There are many like it but this one is mine. My pedestal is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my pedestal is useless. Without my pedestal I am useless. I must sneer from my pedestal true. I must look down on my enemy, who is trying to talk sense. I must talk down to him before he exposes me for having my head up my but. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my pedestal and myself are defenders of my pomposity, we are the masters of every other insignificant swine on the planet, we are the saviours of my life. So be it, until there is no opinion, but Mine. Amen.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We all know and shake our head at those posters on various web forums that are just chock full of their own self-importance and sneer at all opinions that do not concur with their own, throwing tizzy fits when they don’t get their own way, tell the forum owners / mods how the site would be better if it was run their way or are just plain abusive to the small people (that is, everyone else on the board).

It has recently been discovered that despite their normal nature to refuse the cosmos contains a being more important than themselves, they do indeed have a prayer. And so with a nod to Full Metal Jacket, I present the Self-Important Poster’s Prayer:

This is my pedestal. There are many like it but this one is mine. My pedestal is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my pedestal is useless. Without my pedestal I am useless. I must sneer from my pedestal true. I must look down on my enemy, who is trying to talk sense. I must talk down to him before he exposes me for having my head up my but. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my pedestal and myself are defenders of my pomposity, we are the masters of every other insignificant swine on the planet, we are the saviours of my life. So be it, until there is no opinion, but Mine. Amen.
:cry:

Ma! He's pickin' on me! :cry:

:lookaroun

No? :confused:

Nevermind... :eek:

:lol:

As is usual, I've missed something. Please do tell what this is in response to?

barnum42

Original Poster
As is usual, I've missed something. Please do tell what this is in response to?

Not in response to any one specific incidence. Just a general dig as the posters you find on all web boards that look down on others and are abusive when putting their opinion across to the point of insulting others for not agreeing with them. When you find a poster bullying others, they fall into this category.

Shaman

Let us pray.
...well..wait...do you have a latin version? You know...to make Mel Gibson's father happy...:lookaroun

Not in response to any one specific incidence. Just a general dig as the posters you find on all web boards that look down on others and are abusive when putting their opinion across to the point of insulting others for not agreeing with them. When you find a poster bullying others, they fall into this category.

Ahh..now I get it! I've seen these people! And...um..I don't like them.

Yep, I'm slow on the uptake!

Very well put Joe.

Oh, and by the way, I quote your sig ALL the time. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom