The Secrets of WDW

Dredd15

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

Prior to last year, I hadn't been to WDW since I was very young. Then I went last April, got hooked, went again this past January, and am going again in September! :)

After my first trip (in a long time), I became obsessed with WDW and its secrets. I know the basic stuff, but was wondering what everyone's favorite WDW secret was.

I found a lot of info on hiddenmickeys.org, but this site is so much better!

What's your favorite?

DisneyPhD

Welcome Dredd (another Michigander)

I think what keeps a lot of people coming back is all the attention to detail and all the "hidden" stuff. Little things that you hadn't known were there. Finding hidden mickey's and other inside jokes is one of the things that keeps us coming back.

Figaro

I agree with DisneyPhD, there is always something "new" that you never noticed before! It always amazes me that even after being there 100's of times, something different pops out at you. I think the more you get to go, the more you appreciate the off beat, small and secret details.
I know this is an oldie, but I love the Mickey and Donald pharohs in the Great Movie Ride! Probably b/c it's in the scene for my all time favorite movie! ;)

Rider

All right Michigan :D

I always read these boards and think: "I should look for that next time." But when I go I either forget or never see it :(.

Originally posted by Figaro

I know this is an oldie, but I love the Mickey and Donald pharohs in the Great Movie Ride! Probably b/c it's in the scene for my all time favorite movie! ;)

An oldie, but a goodie! That's one of my favorites -- we tend to go to Disney with newbies each time we go and that's one of the things I ALWAYS point out to them.

Another favorite is to go to the Wilderness Lodge and do the hidden mickey hunt (you can get the list at guest services). Good luck finding them all!

disneytati

Originally posted by Figaro

Hey guys!
What is "pharohs"? Sorry, I am not american, and have never heard of this word. Where is it, in the Great Movie Ride? I wanna look for it when I go there!

Kisses from Brazil!
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by disneytati

Hey guys!
What is "pharohs"? Sorry, I am not american, and have never heard of this word. Where is it, in the Great Movie Ride? I wanna look for it when I go there!

Kisses from Brazil!

A pharoh is the term for an ancient egyptian king. You can find it in the heiroglyphics (ancient egyptian writing) in the raiders of the lost arc scene. I am not sure though of the exact location.

disneytati

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

A pharoh is the term for an ancient egyptian king. You can find it in the heiroglyphics (ancient egyptian writing) in the raiders of the lost arc scene. I am not sure though of the exact location.
Wow! That sounds cool! Thanks for the information.

Kisses form Brazil!

Jodigrl328

It's not really a secret, but the Wishing Well next to Cinderella's castle is off the beaten path and a love to make a wish each time I go. :animwink:

momickey

there's also a hidden mickey in the mural above body wars in the wonders of life pavillion. that's one of my favorites because i spent about 45 minutes there trying to find it. i even got a few cast members (who didn't even know there was one there) to look with me!

disneytati

Originally posted by Jodigrl328
It's not really a secret, but the Wishing Well next to Cinderella's castle is off the beaten path and a love to make a wish each time I go. :animwink:

Hey, where is it? I love making wishes!!!

kal1484

Originally posted by Jodigrl328

Where is it?

Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! :D

Crzy4Dzny

I found a Hidden Mickey one year. It's in Mickey's garage (barn). It's Mickey ears made from straw. It's on a ledge/shelf to the left when you walk in. Anyone else ever seen this?

TinkerBell9988

CINDERELLA'S FOUNTAIN:

When you walk thru the castle, right when you get to FantasyLand, look to your left. Its right next to Tinkerbell's Toy Shop. The fountain is beautiful. Also, if you keep walking past the fountain to your left, there is a pathway that leads to Liberty Square. Its never crowded and you get a great view of the show in front of the castle.

:) Tinkerbell

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Crzy4Dzny
I found a Hidden Mickey one year. It's in Mickey's garage (barn). It's Mickey ears made from straw. It's on a ledge/shelf to the left when you walk in. Anyone else ever seen this?

Actually it's a decor mickey. Most of the things in toontown are intentually made to look like mickeys ears.( i.e. the ribbons, his fence post, the tomatos, the tropheys, the list could go on and on)

Toontown also has very few offical hidden mickeys. I know of around three or four. Not many compared to other areas of MK or WDW.:lookaroun:eek:

Davis224

I think the best Hidden Mickey is MGM itself. With TGMR being the smile to Mickey , echo lagoon as one of his ears, the bricks colored for his eyes.

You can see it on the park maps.

It's that attention to detail that keep Disney above and beyond the rest of every other park in the world

Erika

Cinderella's wishing well

Originally posted by wdwprincess03

Where is it?

Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! :D

If you are in Fantasyland, facing the back of the castle-- There is a path that goes around to the left of the castle towards Tomorrowland. As you walk down the path the wishing well is on your right. It's one of my favorite spots also!

DisneyPhD

We love both the fountian and the wishing well and take a pictures each year. Isn't it funny how you can think a place like that is YOUR little place, and soooooo many others think the same thing.

Attachments

• annamomwell.jpg
    annamomwell.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 114

DisneyPhD

And here is the fountian. The whole family this time, don't you just love the stroller?

Attachments

• familycindafountian.jpg
    familycindafountian.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 110

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom