Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Any more Christmas cocktails @Darstarr ?
Need to discuss Easter with you!
And....see below....
Have you tried a Poinsettia yet?
No, but it’s on the list.
Also....

Christmas has been canceled😞
Covid caught up to my SIL.
And then to kick her when she was down her dog had a lung tumor burst yesterday and had to be put down. I have no idea how that happened with the family in quarantine (not asking either).
However, my son did make a conconction the other day which he calls the Boca Green (golfing reference). It tasted like vodka😂. I think he threatened the glass with 7up and a drop of curacao😂😂
D7A342A0-08B4-4039-8291-A21ADC6D614D.jpeg

(He took the picture too, which is probably why it is good😂)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Need to discuss Easter with you!
And....see below....

No, but it’s on the list.
Also....

Christmas has been canceled😞
Covid caught up to my SIL.
And then to kick her when she was down her dog had a lung tumor burst yesterday and had to be put down. I have no idea how that happened with the family in quarantine (not asking either).
However, my son did make a conconction the other day which he calls the Boca Green (golfing reference). It tasted like vodka😂. I think he threatened the glass with 7up and a drop of curacao😂😂
View attachment 520354
(He took the picture too, which is probably why it is good😂)

Sorry to hear about your SIL's dog and the Covid stuff. The cocktail looks good though. And yes, we will have to talk about Easter-time.

BuckyMom

I tried to ward off the covid with regular intake of vodka...it did not have the anti bacterial properties I was hoping for. I'm on day 22, first covid, then pneumonia. I truly hope the SIL recovers quickly. Sadness for the loss of a dog while battling the crud. I hope the family has a great Christmas and stays healthy!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sorry to hear about your SIL (and the poor dog 😢)

But just because Christmas is cancelled doesn’t mean you can’t keep trying out drinks for next Christmas 😊

I tried to ward off the covid with regular intake of vodka...it did not have the anti bacterial properties I was hoping for. I'm on day 22, first covid, then pneumonia. I truly hope the SIL recovers quickly. Sadness for the loss of a dog while battling the crud. I hope the family has a great Christmas and stays healthy!

Sorry about your sister and her dog. Hopefully the vodka intake will take the edge off. I'm likely to stick with wine this holiday season.
giphy.gif

Oh no...so sorry about your SIL and her dog. 😥 I hope she's feeling better soon and that the rest of you stay healthy!

Oh no!! I'm so sorry! And that must be so hard to have to put the dog down, too! Will you celebrate later when everyone is healthy?

The rest of the inlaws and all are negative, so that is good.
You know what else is good???
8F3B62FF-A8A7-4CAB-A94A-036F6A6953F6.jpeg

This is Emeril’s Poinsettia Cocktail.
@BuckyMom

tommcp516

Tonight I wanted something red. This is a pomegranate mojito of sorts. I have taken great liberty with the term “mojito”. My mint is under 6 inches of snow but lavender was popping up (although the flower is pretty dead looking) so I used lavender. Also, I only had bacardi limon so instead of lime I used lemon.
What we have here is a lavender lemon pomegranate mojito!
View attachment 519781It’s good. Definitely signature. But is it Christmas Signature Drink worthy??? I don’t think so.

And on a Disney note...I think I am coming for you @ajrwdwgirl
Flights booked✔️
Deciding where to stay....

Very crafty (and colorful) combination from your available ingredients!

But "mojito"...???

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

I just posted about this elsewhere, but I seemed to notice an uptick in availability for a number of room categories across multiple resorts for Easter week (April 3-10), so hopefully you'll have a wide number of options to choose from. I went a little upgrade crazy and switched us from the CBR to the Yacht Club, and then tacked on two extra days at the Contemporary.

scrooge mcduck 90s GIF

Yes, it was a big bump in cost, but it brought some peace of mind with being able to walk to Epcot/DHS (from the YC) and MK (from the CR) and not have to factor in waking up super early for the bus stops and hoping the busses run on time to get there before rope drop all week...

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Very crafty (and colorful) combination from your available ingredients!

But "mojito"...???

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

I just posted about this elsewhere, but I seemed to notice an uptick in availability for a number of room categories across multiple resorts for Easter week (April 3-10), so hopefully you'll have a wide number of options to choose from. I went a little upgrade crazy and switched us from the CBR to the Yacht Club, and then tacked on two extra days at the Contemporary.

scrooge mcduck 90s GIF

Yes, it was a big bump in cost, but it brought some peace of mind with being able to walk to Epcot/DHS (from the YC) and MK (from the CR) and not have to factor in waking up super early for the bus stops and hoping the busses run on time to get there before rope drop all week...
Are you going to be in WDW Easter???
I know a few Magicians who will be there as well. As for me, we will be at BRV.

As for the mojito debacle...

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom