Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

PolynesianPrincess

I don't know if I could go on ROTR because I have some stupid, irrational fear of the storm troopers :jawdrop: . LOL, really, they creep me out,much to my families delight! They tease me about it and point them out at disney, even try to drag me over to see them!!!!!
I'm probably the only one who is afraid of the storm troopers? I know they are just people dressed up in costumes, but still................ Anyway, I'm enjoying your report as always:)

I just have to jump in here and say my sister is also afraid of Storm troopers! She had an incident with one in the queue for Star Tours many years back and has been petrified of them ever since. And of course since she's scared of them, anytime they interact with guests, they always choose her. She loved ROTR though, so there is some hope for you!!

PolynesianPrincess

Super late to the party here but I LOVED your TR!! You seem like you would be totally cool to hang out with in real life because I too, love Kona Big Wave! ;) My dog's name is Kona, mostly named after Kona Cafe, partly named after Kona beer lol
The Poly is my dream resort to stay at for more than 1 night (which we did in 2013) but idk now after all your mishaps!! haha.
Super awesome the new friends you made at DHS! Disney friends are THE BEST!!!! :)

tommcp516

Super Duper late to the party, but I just wanted to share as a new member to the forums how much I enjoyed it--especially all the creative back and forth with the Gifs (or is it pronounced Gifs...???)

Anyway, thanks for all of the information you included--our family trip is coming up in April and I've found these trip reports very helpful to pass the days as we countdown to our own arrival!

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Super late to the party here but I LOVED your TR!! You seem like you would be totally cool to hang out with in real life because I too, love Kona Big Wave! ;) My dog's name is Kona, mostly named after Kona Cafe, partly named after Kona beer lol
The Poly is my dream resort to stay at for more than 1 night (which we did in 2013) but idk now after all your mishaps!! haha.
Super awesome the new friends you made at DHS! Disney friends are THE BEST!!!! :)

How could anyone be afraid of these guys?
golden state warriors dancing GIF by NBA

Just think of Paula Abdul...
E4B54191-EC6D-4D5C-92CB-5E5825CD7C72.jpeg

hahaha

But seriously....

giphy.gif

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🍍
(Had to add the pineapple for the princess)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom