Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The first principal I worked for and her long time boyfriend of 20 years at that point had separate houses. Sometimes I think it might be a good idea. HAHAh :)
My brother and his GF were together 30 years.California is (Was?) a community property state. After 8 years of people cohabitating it is (was?) considered common law marriage. The weekend before their 8 year anniversary my brother moved out of their shared apartment.
Me: “why?”
Him: “I don’t want to be married to that beetch!”
😂😂😂
They were together until the day he passed.

Songbird76

My brother and his GF were together 30 years.California is (Was?) a community property state. After 8 years of people cohabitating it is (was?) considered common law marriage. The weekend before their 8 year anniversary my brother moved out of their shared apartment.
Me: “why?”
Him: “I don’t want to be married to that beetch!”
😂😂😂
They were together until the day he passed.
Hrmmm....so what about like...roommates? Maybe they don't expect roommates to live together that long. So did your brother just move into his own place for the rest of the time they were together? So many questions!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hrmmm....so what about like...roommates? Maybe they don't expect roommates to live together that long. So did your brother just move into his own place for the rest of the time they were together? So many questions!!
Not sure about the roommate thing and yes, they maintained separate residences.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours @Darstarr

giphy.gif

Darstarr clan totally over indulged. Some more and differently than others. I.E. once we got home all I could think of was cozy pants and a cup of tea, Vinnie went out with his friends😳
@Rista1313 you will find this funny. The window washer was at work the other day. He always bs’s with my friend. We had been talking about getting haircuts before the state gets closed down again and I said how I have been cutting my boy’s hair. WW pipes in, “don’t tell me Vinnie cut his hair!”
😂😂😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 20 cont

Back to the monorail we went to head to the Contemporary. (Epipen alarm!)

It was coming down in buckets! I saw the strangest thing (which @Tuvalu has since explained in @fractal ’s TR). I saw a MK ferryboat in Bay Lake. She was booking it too, almost like she was trying to escape the storm. No photo because, rain coming down in buckets. FYI it was just after noon so I guess the morning MK rush was over.

Next up was shopping at the contemporary.
I found some cute ears but did not buy them.
D21991B1-6B9C-4985-94F3-7286355EFD86.jpeg

5CA242B0-C12D-4728-972A-47D0D1AE7B3F.jpeg

These items were quiet disturbing. They are now stringing characters up by their hands. Looks a little like a famous religious figure😳
0283D817-1B05-43C3-9280-436BB5F6AF60.jpeg

Not the designers best work!

And because I am not lying about the storm.
D7C4B5FB-6B0A-4BAC-8BA8-9CBD4099A740.png

Then we headed back to the monorail to go back to the Poly for lunch. Hey! Guess whose epipen set off the alarm again???

Some scenic shots from our ride...
1664295C-B525-4CE2-89F3-8F0493CAB357.jpeg

0ED67AC8-92EB-4C82-A4D9-851563D5E103.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 20 cont

We arrived at the Poly and it was still raining.

DFB94675-06FD-4A46-80EE-CB2CE4A82FC1.jpeg

1D9023DC-E1FD-4956-80E6-071D06167B2A.jpeg

We were eating at Kona Cafe. A push notification came up on my phone asking me if I wanted to check in. Yes, please.

While we sat on a bench, waiting, I took some photos.
184DDAC8-6D82-4AD7-BF83-B4F53F929C47.jpeg

66DC30FB-DCEE-474E-909F-003D2B7459C6.jpeg

I am wondering where the fishing buoys are now? Will they be used again at the poly? Taken to the Seas in Epcot to be used as a props? Recycled? Sold on ebay? Put in storage?

And you my delicious friend...
242B87B3-C41E-42C3-AA50-FC2735A0260C.jpeg

We continued to wait and I saw people picking up to go orders, from Kona Cafe. Drinks and all. Who knew???

More rain...
D661AC86-BBF7-49A9-9497-25B1D7107AB1.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 20 cont

We got the text that our table was ready. The hostess took our temperature and we were seated. Our “cousin” (cant remember her name but I remembered I should remember because it’s something easy) said, “you look like you could use a couple Lapu Lapu’s”.
You know, that is what I like about family, they know you so well😂

ECB72C93-899B-49AD-8C1E-1650062567D4.jpeg

2C99A6EC-1118-4E53-8005-01D56189EB64.jpeg

We had picked Kona because R loves sushi and it is fully compatible with her allergies. My last meal here was gross but “I would order better”, I told myself.
The menu here is small. In fact the menus all around property had shrunk. Cousin what’s her name said it was because they were having trouble getting product. I buy that. Also, I would rather have fewer choices made with fresh ingredients than a bunch of crap. If I want crap I will go to Mickey D’s, not Mickey M’s 😂
412DDA23-795B-4EFD-BE76-FCB281F9DC7C.jpeg

Your drinks are served...
2657AD7D-DC4E-4F64-BFEC-15F381FA6EC0.jpeg

77FF29B4-36E6-4E27-95D0-DE364943806C.jpeg

4E8A061A-13F1-42FC-9D00-E62E8D5069DC.jpeg

Yummy!

R ordered some sushi to start. I tried one but am not a fan. I have decided it is the texture of the seaweed that I can’t take. It’s like the skin of a plum. I love plums but won’t eat them (unless peeled and cut) because the skin, to me it is like nails on a chalkboard.
3B388474-50FF-476E-8B2B-A87FA449CB8E.jpeg

R got the Poke
68BA5588-F9A0-4BE3-82D2-025E71EB39D4.jpeg

And yes, the sushi chefs put peppers on top even though Cousin what’s her face had a lengthy conversation with them, and they made recommendations for R🤦🏼‍♀️
She picked them off. No harm done.

I got the duck fried rice.
oh
my
gawd!!!
This is one of the best dishes I have ever had. It was perfectly balanced and had varying textures. The flavors sang in my mouth. And the duck egg roll was crispy on the outside and steamy on the inside. I checked the menu last week and this dish is gone but if it comes back I highly recommend it!
8A186134-5950-4127-8FA7-158D439ACF0E.jpeg

I knew R was still hungry so I offered her some fried rice and half an egg roll. She would not try the duck. Seriously? You have been eating raw fish all day!!!
I put some of the fried rice on a bread plate so she could easily pick out the onions. I see her do this at work all the time. Me: “why dont you just order it without onions?” R: “because... blah blah, nothing logical...”
Cousin walked by and saw R eating the rice and stopped dead in her tracks, “you know there are onions in that!?!” So nice of her to be concerned👍
Debbie! Our server cousin was named Debbie. I knew I would remember!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 20 cont

We shopped a bit more at the Poly.
This made me think of @riverside .
67DE2D42-AE0F-46B7-8172-AFBDCA1610B9.jpeg

Our ME pickup was at 4:20 so we sat around the lobby. R napped. I took a few pictures.
17269A53-FD5C-4D91-8A8D-8EB300825304.jpeg

I also tried to call my husband. No answer. He was suppose to pick us up later from the airport.
I texted him. No answer.
hmmmmm

I think I will miss you the most, beer cart❤️🍻
980589F4-9C1F-4374-9390-153972E1B8F3.jpeg

Hey look! It’s raining!
BF6B929F-9A9F-4A22-948F-E7C61292EC32.jpeg

We climbed aboard our Magical Express bus and were welcomed by our driver, Tom.
As we pulled away there was a kid wailing in the back of the bus. Tom said over the loud speaker, “I feel ya kid.”
Tom then went on to say, “ the movie should begin when we get off property but it’s been acting a little 2020 today.”
CB79BD96-D430-4E57-9B14-69659DCC74FE.jpeg

And it was raining.

I continued to try to reach my husband.

We made it to the airport. This is a jacket I made fun of last TR. I think @ajrwdwgirl is also a big fan.
5D72B420-86D7-4CA2-B459-191B0B7E1767.jpeg

Was this guy going to paint the interior of our plane???
7E4848A8-EA87-4A56-A489-D0D972F9A0CD.jpeg

R and I were still full from lunch but wanted a little snack. Chocolate cake left over from Paddlefish was just what we needed. It was smushed but amazing.

I was still trying to reach the hubs. Finally I told my boys “TELL DAD TO CONTACT ME NOW!!!”

He finally answered me as I was buckling my seat belt.

text message from him: yes

I called and texted a dozen times over the last two days asking if he was picking us up. His response was “yes”.
🤦🏼‍♀️men!

We landed. NYers are suppose to quarantine for 14 days after traveling (to most states-rules keep changing). Big brother was waiting for us as we got off the plane. Many people walked on by.
I grabbed the form and filled it out, somewhat.
FA56D7FD-CD65-4C47-94BA-9228BDFC85BD.jpeg

This is one side. The other side asks for address phone number etc. It also asks if we want to be traced via cell phone.
Gee, let me think about this one. Do I want the state tracing me through my phone??
HECK NO!!!
Why would anyone agree to this???

My husband pulled up and he had a mask on. Uhoh. He wears one only when he has to, like in stores.
R and I climb in the car and he pulls away.
I ask him why he is still wearing his mask. I am really annoyed because R’s Dad would have picked us up.
No covid. He had been tested when he went to the doctor. But he had pneumonia!

“Take off the mask! You can’t breathe and we can not get pneumonia from you.”

So how did he get pneumonia???
The gyms here had just opened that week. His allergies were bad combined with mask wearing during exercise is the answer the doc gave him. 😷

We barely made it home alive. He should not have been driving!

He has since healed. Health is as good as ever, driving is as bad as ever 😂😂😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
giphy.gif

Thanks to all who followed, liked, commented or cursed me under your breath. I appreciate (almost) all if it!🤣

What is ahead for me??? I was having some withdrawl but recently planned a trip for X and his GF they will be taking in a couple of weeks. Round trip for two was under $200!!! Score!!!

My family and some friends are suppose to go over the February break. I think we will have to cancel as she is a teacher and will not be allowed to go😞 We shall see....

Until my next TR I will be here reading all of yours.

Stay safe and healthy my magical friends😘

donaldtoo

Glad you at least got 3 hours of sleep, there are many nights where I basically lay in bed until I see the sunrise with the snorer next to me.🤣 I hope the BG stomach turned out to be a happy ending.🤗

I used to be the snorer. Haven’t been for a few years now, and I have absolutely no clue why...?! 🤔🤷‍♂️
My poor DWifey used to have to nudge me all the time.
Now the tables have turned and she’s the snorer...!!!!! :hilarious::inlove::hilarious:
Granted, not as bad I was, but, I’m awakened a few times a night.
Again, I really have no clue what changed, but, I haven’t been nudged in quite some time...!!! ;)
Sincerely, I hope a solution can be found...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Speaking of my dear old relatives. I just happen to be working near the old Ritter farm on this fine fall day. A beautiful piece of land, it’s still in the Ritter family today.
View attachment 505820

Also just to prove that I’ve been following directions and paying close attention. You have the wrong date on your last post!
noticing tv land GIF by Teachers on TV Land

Where is that property...not exactly, but, basically.
I know who Tex Ritter was, but, not sure if this is a running joke, or something...sorry, so far behind, as per usual...!!! :)

Loco_driver

Where is that property...not exactly, but, basically.
I know who Tex Ritter was, but, not sure if this is a running joke, or something...sorry, so far behind, as per usual...!!! :)
Panola County, TX about an hour south of Longview. I mentioned in one of my past TRs that I am a distant relative of the Ritter family and therefore a relative of Big Al from country bear jamboree, voiced by Tex Ritter.

donaldtoo

Panola County, TX about an hour south of Longview. I mentioned in one of my past TRs that I am a distant relative of the Ritter family and therefore a relative of Big Al from country bear jamboree, voiced by Tex Ritter.
That’s very cool...!!! :)
Thank you, I’m a native Texan, but, I’m always learnin’ new things about our state...!!! :)
Love those piney woods, and so many are unaware of just how beautiful so much of Texas really is...the Hill Country where we live in the Austin area and the rest of the state really is gorgeous in so many ways...it’s not nearly all panhandle fun for hundreds of miles...!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom