Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday, September 20th

You all may want to sit down for this, but, I couldn't sleep. Go figure.

I had been planning on some pool/sunshine aka vitamin D time.
But, it was pouring.
Again.

Instead I grabbed my phone and headed to the lanai (that is Hawaiian speak for balcony. I think.)
D8CA7E50-AB99-4913-9DFA-4512BAE21154.jpeg

Even gloomy it is beautiful!

I tried to reach my husband, again. Without luck, again. I was confirming he would pick us up from the airport that night. I texted him and asked him to let me know because R’s Dad could get us if needed.

🎶All by myself🎵
And look, a shadow. Could the sun be coming out?
8A8D5586-7A25-4528-B7BD-A1EF2CEBFCF3.jpeg

Nope. False alarm.
1D627F50-8D57-495A-B8AB-E8FE89A2AB7F.jpeg

I snuck back into the room to get my book and breakfast.
F35018F7-445A-48F2-B114-0C4097476755.jpeg

About breakfast, it was the brownie from the other night. And it was amazing!
Remember this😂

R woke up, we showered and finished packing. She was a little jelly over my breakfast. I told her to eat the cupcake but we decided her Uncle (my friend from 2/20 trip) would like it more.

B4C56108-3E0D-4305-A3BF-D6297A0997C7.jpeg

The smile didnt last. My very dear friend had sent me a text with video the night before which I didnt watch then forgot about. I started to play it. It was my friend K at her boyfriend's bday party, which I had not been invited to. Hurtful.
Since she had been dating him I heard from her less and less. She only called me to complain about her BF. That is I only heard the negative and bad stuff about him. I had only met him a few times and he is ok but not right for her.
Five seconds into the video I realize what I am watching and I start crying. R looks at me. I tell her I am sorry and they are not tears of joy.
He proposed. She said yes.
Huge mistake!

Even Mother nature is crying...
D2869A8E-A737-4B3D-809A-30830992A412.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 20 cont

We said good bye to our terrible room and left our luggage with the Valet. I was learning to avoid bell services at the Poly.

We had a late lunch reservation but what to do until then... Hmmm...
Monorail shopping crawl!!!

At one point during the previous nights dinner, between floor shows, I had commented to R that I never do this much shopping at that she is a bad influence. She raised her glass and said right back at you. 😂💵🍹

We climbed aboard the monorail heading to the GF.
The halloween merchandise had just been released.
21856420-EECB-4799-A241-BCB6199BE487.jpeg

41642A45-7847-4D25-88D7-34E1CC549645.jpeg

8F65D97D-D8F3-4C6E-A553-1C46ABDC6057.jpeg

889CFC2F-59B5-4E76-AA46-8B80EA34DEEC.jpeg

And the NBA had just finished up. Growing up I was a big Laker fan. We went to games and championship parades, my family and I were big fans. I do not watch it anymore. The players have ruined it for me. Pass (haha, pass😂)
Still, I thought these were adorable. If you are into that kinda thing.
1CA3E8EF-45CB-4DA5-AB30-BF71C8F42DE5.jpeg

GF has the good TP and complimentary wipes....does that make it worth the price per night???
F2B28525-B54A-4CDA-9E8B-4E8B99543D9D.jpeg

One way traffic just like in the grocery store.
F465CAB1-0750-4BED-914E-7A9F78024CEE.jpeg

This is a multi tasking photo, it is showing the lonely piano and the rain coming down outside.
3CA48C1B-53AB-4FC3-807E-304D6941DED1.jpeg

EB25D1DF-6AC9-4ABC-9266-A51E032DC313.jpeg

...and my finger.

lindawdw

Your dinner at Paddlefish was certainly an entertaining one and that was a lot of food you both ordered!!! I love hearing your people watching stories because it's one of my favorite things to do at WDW although my DH just doesn't get it. 🤣 🤣 🤣 Your brownie breakfast with the milk looks so delicious! Sorry it rained on your last day there. :( I love hopping on the monorail to resort hop and shop!

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
View attachment 514699

She was with a clean cut stock broker type.

It had been a strange dinner. But delicious too.

R and I ventured out into the rain. It was 9:00 already so we decided to divide and conquor. She had to get something in World of Disney and I promised my boys some Goofy’s candy.

I finished first and stood outside WOD waiting for R and trying to hook up with our RotR friends. But it started to really come down again and they left.

R and I headed to the bus stop. There was no Poly bus. BUT! There was a GF bus with a few parties on it. The driver told us to climb aboard and she would get us to the Poly. She dropped us off first. Yes! Bus redemption!!!

I'm starting to suspect that you were actually in Vegas and this report is just a clever ruse.

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Your dinner at Paddlefish was certainly an entertaining one and that was a lot of food you both ordered!!! I love hearing your people watching stories because it's one of my favorite things to do at WDW although my DH just doesn't get it. 🤣 🤣 🤣 Your brownie breakfast with the milk looks so delicious! Sorry it rained on your last day there. :( I love hopping on the monorail to resort hop and shop!
I was hoping for a monorail bar hop but I had to settle for a monorail shop hop.
Which reminds me of a sock hop,
which leads me to this...

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sorry about your friend - sometimes it is hard to “pretend” to be happy for them when you know that one day you will have to help pick up the pieces.
Been there, picking up the pieces that is. Twice already!!!
But hey, third time is the charm??
Thanks for your kind words. After I freaked out and freaked out again because we had no alcohol in the room I realized I should text her and say congrats.

Songbird76

Been there, picking up the pieces that is. Twice already!!!
But hey, third time is the charm??
Thanks for your kind words. After I freaked out and freaked out again because we had no alcohol in the room I realized I should text her and say congrats.
Maybe she'll come to her senses before she goes through with it? It can be so exciting to have a wedding to plan for, and sometimes a person can get so caught up in that, and feel almost relieved that they won't be alone....the Better Than Nothing syndrome. Fearing you might not find the lifemate you want, so you settle for the person who is there so at least you have someone. Not that I speak from experience. :angelic:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Maybe she'll come to her senses before she goes through with it? It can be so exciting to have a wedding to plan for, and sometimes a person can get so caught up in that, and feel almost relieved that they won't be alone....the Better Than Nothing syndrome. Fearing you might not find the lifemate you want, so you settle for the person who is there so at least you have someone. Not that I speak from experience. :angelic:
I doubt it. They already bought TWO houses together.
yeah...pretty sure this time it’s for $$$

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom