The Ride of All Rides Challenge

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Hello fellow armchair imagineers! Today I present you with a new challenge. This challenge will use your Disney Parks knowledge just as much as your imagineering abilities. Your task is to present an imagineering concept using only quotes from other Disney Parks attractions, all of which should be propoerly sourced. In order to aid your efforts, you can modify quotes by adding up to ten words (in brackets [ ]) and up to five additional sentences to describe the concept. Have fun and good luck!

spacemt354

Chili's
This attraction is for the fictional "America" park in the 1990s. Guests set sail on boats through the American rivers and through nature's wilderness. They are guided by a spirit who takes them on their quest, as each scene, the guests flow through a region of the US and meet some eclectic locals along the way.

Your journey begins on the Mississippi River, where you will go all the way around the US, and your guide greets you as the boat leaves the dock.

Scene 1 - Mississippi River

Spirit Guide:
"Ole! Ole! It's Showtime! [1]
Ye come seekin’ adventure and salty old pirates, eh? [2]"

Animatronic Bear (on the side of the river)
"So clap your hands and
Stomp your feet and
Try to keep right with 'em.

Well heres a fractured folk song,
Yeah, Butchered by two birds.

We wrote these lousy lyrics,
And we also wrote the words.

The chords are very simple,
In fact huh, there's only three,
First comes G then C, and D.
And then go on back to G.
But you gotta be quick.[3]

Animatronic Rabbit (on the other side of the river)
"Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's "actch'll"
Everything is "satisfactch'll"

My, oh, my, what a wonderful day"[13]

Animatronic Bird (above the boats)
"So, you're looking for a Laughing Place, eh? We'll show you a laughing place"[13]

Transition into a scene that is bright and colorful, surrounded by singing prairie dogs

Scene 2 - American Prairie

"There is just one moon and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to everyone"[4]

Dark Voice:
"There's no turning back now. [5] Sure, you come to the proper place. But keep a weather eye open, mates, and hold on tight—with both hands, if you please. There be squalls ahead! [2] Here in this hostile world is where our story begins. We are alone, struggling to survive until we learn to communicate with one another. Now we can hunt as a team and survive together."[6]

Transition to

Scene 3 - Native American Wilderness Scene

Spirit Guide:
"I feel right at home here in the prairies and forests of the American wilderness. These woods haven’t changed much since the days when settlers started headin’ west! There’s plenty of deer, antelope, and elk that feed along the banks of the river. And naturally, plenty of early settlers decided to put down stakes and live here too. Of course, those early settlers weren’t the first to make their home in this wild frontier. These native tribes of Plains Indians were living, hunting, and trading for centuries before we ever came along. They were the first to tame the wild horses of the American plains — long before our big ol’ iron horses started chuggin’ through these parts."[7]

Townsman:
"Hold on to them hats n glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the Wilderness![8] BACK BACK over the falls..."[9]

The boat turns around and goes over a drop backwards into the next scene

Scene 4 - American Frontier

Spirit Guide (singing):
"Davy. Davy Crockett. King of the wild frontier.

Up through the woods, he's a marching along.
Making up yarns, and a'singing his song.
Itchin' for fighting, and righting a wrong..."[3]

Spirit Guide:
"As we head into the American wilderness, we’ll pass by the dusty desert town of Tumbleweed. Keep your eyes peeled for the runaway mine trains of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Runaway trains… now I ask you — is that any way to run a railroad? I feel right at home here in the prairies and forests of the American wilderness. These woods haven’t changed much since the days when settlers started headin’ west! Nowadays, the rails can carry us safely through the wild, and a trip that used to take months can now be made in just a few weeks"[7]

Scene 5 - Turn of the Century Main Street

Spirit Guide:
"Yeah, it looks like the robins are getting ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day today. What year is it? Oh, right around the turn of the century. And believe me, things couldn’t be any better than they are today. Yes sir, buildings are towering now as high as twenty stories. And moving pictures flicker up on a big screen. We have almost 8,000 automobiles in this country, and we can travel by train from New York to California in less than seven days! And I even hear tell about two brothers from North Carolina who are working on some kind of flying contraption. (Chuckles.) It’ll never work.[10]

Books it seems were just the beginning. Now communication technology races head long into the future, and soon people all over the world are sharing life's most important moments faster than ever before."[6]

Scene 6 - The Great Depression

(singing townspeople)
"We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack.
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Maraud and embezzle and even hijack.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate’s life for me!
We kindle and char; inflame and ignite.
We burn up the city; we’re really a fright.
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!"[2]

Spirit Guide:
"Oh, I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely. Now, as they say, look alive, and we'll continue our little tour."[5]

Scene 7 - The Next Century for America

Voice (singing)
"There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day.
There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow,
And tomorrow is just a dream away.

Man has a dream and that’s the start.
He follows his dream with mind and heart.
And when it becomes a reality,
It’s a dream come true for you and me."[10]

Voice:
"Paging Mr. Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring"[11]

Spirit Guide:
"Together we form a super network that goes with billions of interactions, and once again we stand on the brink of a new Renaissance.
After 30,000 years of time travel, here we are, a truly global community, poised to shape the future."[6]

Voice (singing)
"Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!"[13]

"Amidst the cricket song here along Mark Twain's beloved Mississippi, I hear the noise of chains and the crack of the whip.
Yet there's hope.
Hope born from the words of Harriet Beacher Stowe.
Uncle Tom's Cabin has given our nation a key, which can unlock the slave prison to millions.
Anti-Slavery is no longer a thing to be prevented.
It has grown too abundant to be snuffed out, like a lantern.

'tis easy to see, hard to foresee, but I foresee the American Adventure to continue a long, long time!

America, you must keep dreaming now
Dreaming the promised vow of your pioneers.
America, keep on flying now.
Keep your spirit free,
Facing new frontiers.

America, spread your golden wings
Sail on freedom's wind across the sky.
Great bird, with your golden dreams,
Flying high, flying high, flying high!
America!
Keep on flying high![12]

Boat pulls out of the future and back to the Mississippi Dock

Animatronic Bear:
"Well, folks, this concludes our show. So thanks for "Bear"ing with us to the "bear" end, and "bear"-el around to see us again."[3]

Voice:
Hurry back! Hurry back![5]

Citations
1 - The Enchanted Tiki Room
2 - Pirates of the Caribbean
3 - The Country Bear Jamboree
4 - it's a small world
5 - The Haunted Mansion
6 - Spaceship Earth
7 - Walt Disney World Railroad
8 - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
9 - Maelstrom
10 - Carousel of Progress
11 - Tomorrowland Peoplemover
12 - The American Adventure
13 - Splash Mountain

spacemt354

Chili's
I challenge @MonorailRed to this.:cool: Do it or....
tumblr_ltzv8unrhR1r3s8vfo1_500.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom