• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Redhead is changing....

WDWLover#1

Original Poster

WDWLover#1

Original Poster
I believe it was only a matter of time. Maybe way overdue. Yes it's a famous scene blah blah and attractions are timeless - but times have moved on.
You can tell an original story with reference to its original context, while also not showing some bad stuff that happened in the past.

I can see the only argument against it is for sentimental reasons.

Am I being too controversial :D

Coaster Lover

Appears they are adding Barbossa (at least in France) to the scene where the skeleton is steering the ship... I wonder if they will use the same tech that they used in Shanghai (if you haven't seen it, start at time point 2:15 of the below video) which transforms the skeleton into a fully fleshed figure (or possibly the same effect in reverse)... if so, would be neat to see that also added, though not sure they could add it in Orlando in the same spot given how they now want you to look in the opposite direction for the picture...

KBLovesDisney

I think the article says that there will be an additional red-head amongst the pirates. I don't think it is referring to the current one in auction.

Tavernacle12

I think the article says that there will be an additional red-head amongst the pirates. I don't think it is referring to the current one in auction.
My understanding is the Red Head now IS a pirate, and instead of being for sale is part of the crew. Depending on how they redo it, they could actually keep some of the dialogue the same. Have the pirates say they want the Red Head and not the chickens and have her shoot at them for it.

cjkeating

Is the new red head with a gun someone from the POTC movies or just a random character?

I am sad about what they seem to have done to the DLP Pirates, it had survived without the CJS overlay for so along and was so refreshing compared to the DL/MK version.

Top Bottom