Trip Report The *really* last Pre-trip report til 2020- AKA Ya right, you keep saying that.

The *really* last trip til 2020 pre-trip report (aka- ya right, okay, you keep saying that) 😑

Ya, ya... I said I wasn’t going and that May was the last til 2020.

My husband and @Tuvalu shared a laugh about that at our meet up in May.

He already knew he was going to have me book for Mother’s Day. Sneaky fella, but awesome fella to go with me as many times as he has. He loves it but not to my insane degree.

So, my name is Disneygigi- I am an addict. Some people are addicted to drugs or gambling. I am addicted to Disney. Whatever... lol

The Who- (Not the band) Us.

Just Myself and B -
2D8B34C8-7F62-445A-8E7F-54A0D955033F.jpeg

After all the kazillion vacations with kids, we finally realized we kinda, really like just us vacations.

Much to my children’s horror probably!

It will be our 27th wedding anniversary- we have spent so many there for it, I have lost count of the years- but a lot! Only one has been spent just the two of us though.

The When- 8-18 - 8-24- * new dates are 8/24-8/30 at Disney, followed by 5 days at the beach to chill and relax.

The where? Coronado Springs, of course! I did not choose the Tower though. I am sure the rooms are beautiful, but I would rather stay in Casitas. I still like the more spread out of rooms, than say like Bay Lake Towers, and such. It seems more hotel like than resort to me. We do have a late dining booked at Toledo, and can’t wait to see the fireworks views from up there. Coronado was a hidden spot to me for years for fireworks. Still shocked it took this long to build a building with views from this resort.

Debating on adding dining, because I liked not having a table service everyday.

We do have a Crystal Palace breakfast. Pooh. Nothing else needs to be said, lol- Mama Melrose Fantasmic, And Toledo booked.

I debated for 3 seconds going during the opening of Galaxy’s Edge- but no. I don’t care to see it right off the bat and fight the crazy crowds. If Marvel Land was coming to WDW, that would probably be a different story because Marvel is my thing!
I actually added the 18th to be able to see GotG show at Epcot.
They do run it that last day right?

Fastpasses in 3 1/2 weeks. Anybody notice if that glitch is still open to book early? Wanna say I made mine around 65 days or so for May.

The only part I hate is summer will be winding down when we get home. I don’t know why I don’t live farther south than I do.... Oh ya, my kids, and grandson! We so should have moved when they were little lol!

Last edited:

riverside

What am awful experience - I hope you are slowly getting over it.
I've been teased to no end by my family--silly squirrel GIF's being sent to me, pictures of squirrels in toilets(you'd be amazed at how many of them you can find on the internet!). The one day I came home from work to find a ceramic squirrel sitting on my bed. I took a picture of it & sent it to my brothers & sisters with the question "Ok, who's the wise a**?" No response--turns out it was my dad!! I told them I'm glad they're all getting a good laugh at my expense.
I thought I was getting over it but now I'm being traumatized again. In my last TR I mentioned that there was a bird near us while we were eating at Les Halles. I'm deathly afraid of birds if they're inside. A sparrow made it's way into my work yesterday evening. I'm here now & it's sheer torture. My office is at the highest point in the store & I'm petrified b/c it keeps flying around erratically & swoops through my office. Needless to say I'm not getting much work done!!
Oh gosh! 😳 I would have freaked out too if I thought it was a rat!! Especially that early. B would have passed out he is terrified of even the tiniest mouse. I think mice and hamsters are cute too and he calls me weird. Never mind this comes from a man that will pick up and play with snakes. Not in my presence anymore though- because I threatened to buy a mouse and set it on his chest while he was sleeping if he did it again in front of me. I hate snakes with a passion! If I snake ever got in my house I would never set foot back in it.

Everybody was screaming about the squirrel here too. I only got close enough to take a picture lol. They have little bugged out eyes if they are flying squirrels. (Like a Chinchilla kinda but small and they can glide) If it had jumped at me or anything I would have freaked. This one we think came in the chimney before we put in a sealed wood stove. It used to just be open, although while typing I am now questioning why it climbed all the way down to the downstairs fireplace and bypassed the upstairs one. 🤭 After the bats, we are all sealed in every nook and cranny!!
The reason I assumed it was a rat is b/c I have heard stories of how they can get into sewage pipes & come out into peoples toilets. I am terrified of mice also. I've lived at my house for 25 years & have never seen a mouse much less a rat so to see something dead in the toilet scared me half to death. How you feel about snakes if how I feel about mice/rats/rodents....

I could not handle the flying squirrel & don't even get me started on the bats......

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Siblings can sometimes be a big PIA... sorry you are the brunt of their amusement at the moment ... but if it is like my family, it’ll soon be someone else’s turn 😉

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I've been teased to no end by my family--silly squirrel GIF's being sent to me, pictures of squirrels in toilets(you'd be amazed at how many of them you can find on the internet!). The one day I came home from work to find a ceramic squirrel sitting on my bed. I took a picture of it & sent it to my brothers & sisters with the question "Ok, who's the wise a**?" No response--turns out it was my dad!! I told them I'm glad they're all getting a good laugh at my expense.
I thought I was getting over it but now I'm being traumatized again. In my last TR I mentioned that there was a bird near us while we were eating at Les Halles. I'm deathly afraid of birds if they're inside. A sparrow made it's way into my work yesterday evening. I'm here now & it's sheer torture. My office is at the highest point in the store & I'm petrified b/c it keeps flying around erratically & swoops through my office. Needless to say I'm not getting much work done!!

The reason I assumed it was a rat is b/c I have heard stories of how they can get into sewage pipes & come out into peoples toilets. I am terrified of mice also. I've lived at my house for 25 years & have never seen a mouse much less a rat so to see something dead in the toilet scared me half to death. How you feel about snakes if how I feel about mice/rats/rodents....

I could not handle the flying squirrel & don't even get me started on the bats......
I would have thought it was a rat too! I do not like rats, pet or wild they scare the heck out of me. Little bitty mice, I think are cute, but not in the wild or house. B says he likes snakes because they eat rats and mice. I just think anything that can move that fast without legs is evil! 😂 B sends me pics of copperheads he comes across all the time. I open it and scream so I know how ya feel. It isn’t funny. There was a 6 foot black snake all curled up in the car the other day and my son is like look mom, gotta a pic you will like. Again screamed.

As much as I love birds, I did knock one out a window that got in our house once whilst holding said broom like a bat and saying batter up! It broke about 15 of my sons trophies I was a little peeved at it.
We have a lot of wildlife get into things here now that I think about it lol Deer, bunnies, opossums, birds,turkeys, bears, snakes, squirrels, chipmunks, coyotes, bats- you name it. Part of the mountains I guess!
😑

riverside

Siblings can sometimes be a big PIA... sorry you are the brunt of their amusement at the moment ... but if it is like my family, it’ll soon be someone else’s turn 😉
I hope so!! They better watch out too.....what goes around comes around!!
I would have thought it was a rat too! I do not like rats, pet or wild they scare the heck out of me. Little bitty mice, I think are cute, but not in the wild or house. B says he likes snakes because they eat rats and mice. I just think anything that can move that fast without legs is evil! 😂 B sends me pics of copperheads he comes across all the time. I open it and scream so I know how ya feel. It isn’t funny. There was a 6 foot black snake all curled up in the car the other day and my son is like look mom, gotta a pic you will like. Again screamed.

As much as I love birds, I did knock one out a window that got in our house once whilst holding said broom like a bat and saying batter up! It broke about 15 of my sons trophies I was a little peeved at it.
We have a lot of wildlife get into things here now that I think about it lol Deer, bunnies, opossums, birds,turkeys, bears, snakes, squirrels, chipmunks, coyotes, bats- you name it. Part of the mountains I guess!
😑
I by no means like snakes but I feel they are very beneficial, as bats are. With that being said I still wouldn't want them in my house!! Rats/mice IMO have no purpose.....
Speaking of wildlife....that darn bird is still flying around here:cry:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Actual trip related post rather than food, animals or Grandbaby lol.

Second guessing my fastpasses on arrival day. I moved them up from original when we were driving- from morning- first one is 3:20-4:20 now DHS TSM. Flight arrives a little after 11:00 am, am I allowing myself enough time to arrive at resort, check in, drop off carryon bags then take bus to DHS and make it or should I try to swap that one? Literally have been on a Disney bus one trip when we took one from MK to then MGM in 1998 and back. All I remember is it was packed on the ride back to MK. 😳

riverside

Actual trip related post rather than food, animals or Grandbaby lol.

Second guessing my fastpasses on arrival day. I moved them up from original when we were driving- from morning- first one is 3:20-4:20 now DHS TSM. Flight arrives a little after 11:00 am, am I allowing myself enough time to arrive at resort, check in, drop off carryon bags then take bus to DHS and make it or should I try to swap that one? Literally have been on a Disney bus one trip when we took one from MK to then MGM in 1998 and back. All I remember is it was packed on the ride back to MK. 😳
I always make our first FP for 3 hours after the flight is scheduled to land & I've never had an issue so I think you will be fine. Also, at that time of day the bus shouldn't be crowded.

LeighM

I'm going to have to look for this kind of noodle now that I have to be gluten free. Usually, I will go and buy a bag of Olive Garden's gluten free rotini. It tastes really good but it isn't good for leftovers at all.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I'm going to have to look for this kind of noodle now that I have to be gluten free. Usually, I will go and buy a bag of Olive Garden's gluten free rotini. It tastes really good but it isn't good for leftovers at all.
This one is great. It holds up really well. I made the fettuccine the other night and tossed it with half and half, butter and fresh Parmesan. Better than noodles. My husband even liked it. I had the left overs the next day. The spaghetti kind would be really good to make lo mein with I think.

LeighM

This one is great. It holds up really well. I made the fettuccine the other night and tossed it with half and half, butter and fresh Parmesan. Better than noodles. My husband even liked it. I had the left overs the next day. The spaghetti kind would be really good to make lo mein with I think.

Sounds delicious but I can't have that either unless everything is made low fat. It can be a very sad diet, especially when you're favorite pasta dish is fettuccine alfredo :( And if I go to a Chinese place and their lo mein is made with spaghetti noodles then I will never go back there. It will be crossed off my go to list immediately. Not that it matters now because I can't have that anymore either. Now I'm stuck with only getting entrees made with rice noodles.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Sounds delicious but I can't have that either unless everything is made low fat. It can be a very sad diet, especially when you're favorite pasta dish is fettuccine alfredo :( And if I go to a Chinese place and their lo mein is made with spaghetti noodles then I will never go back there. It will be crossed off my go to list immediately. Not that it matters now because I can't have that anymore either. Now I'm stuck with only getting entrees made with rice noodles.
That stinks! :( I love the rice noodles too and use them in Lo Mein but the Edamame spaghetti I am going to try because I usually put edamame in my lo mein at home. I just really love the flavor. You can’t beat a real lo mein noodle at a good Chinese place. It just kills my stomach anymore. I have to be really careful.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
The amount of excited I am- is insane! 17 days people! 17. 😑

In one calendar year we will have taken 4 trips to Walt Disney World. Best I ever did, was two 10-11 day trips each in 2007.

Was it completely and totally amazing? Yes, it was! Something we will continue more than one long 10 day trip a year? No. 😭

Shows how spoiled I have gotten, to have a 365 day countdown to go back to. 17 days to go, then it is all over but the crying come August 30th.

With that said, I hope I get to not only meet a mouse, but my fave rat again too.
167CE904-9C20-487C-9282-C5D19DC25F02.jpeg

17 days!!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Actual conversation with B just now.

“Just think in 15 days you will be at Walt Disney World again!” he says.

A joke we make in Forrest Gump style when talking about Disney trips.

I laughed and said “And I will cry when I meet Mickey again.”

I paused and said - Oh my gosh I will cry like crazy on the way out this time without a trip in 3 months planned again. Then added I will probably cry, like the whole plane ride home.

He better be glad he is cute, is all I can say, because he said, very seriously- “ Ga, I hope they can seat me aisles away from you.”

Actually, I choked on my ice water, I laughed so hard, but still.

And this is how, 29 years (pushing 30) together and closing in on 27 of marriage, we are still “sickening” as our family puts it. Love, and a big sense of humor on both sides.

He will always be the Carl to my Ellie! ❤️

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So, tomorrow is my single digit dance!! Busy week, so far and it is only Tuesday! 😑

Feel good about the packing just have a few shirts to iron and last minute packing to add.

Had the baby since Friday and he is breaking my heart singing It’s a Small World over & over. (All kids love that ride!)

Cleaned out his Daddy’s closet, where my photo albums 😑 (remember those??) are stored and found this......
1A7EE955-6ACC-4186-B3E1-89363B51EA66.jpeg

Good grief? How am I a Gigi? Where does it go?

Stinker looks so much like his daddy- tho.

9 days to go! And feeling the guilt trip, just a shot. 😳

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So the next trip is planned.... and it is fall of 2020. See, I told the truth this time! 😭😑😳

We are going to book the bounce back dining for September while we are there. (Assuming it is still offered when we get there.) Regardless, we will book whatever bounceback is available when we are there.

It is going to be a sad day on September 4th when our APs expire but hey- we definitely made good use of them, that is for sure. Part of me kinda looks forward to the waiting though, it is part of the fun!
Going in September means we miss our anniversary but I want a full week of F & W rather than a day and a half.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Busy week is coming to a semi-end and with a heatwave today! (Maybe to get me ready for August Disney heat?) It was 92 today, which is okay until I went to my hair appointment. On a 92 degree day, and sitting under a hair dryer with foils all in my hair, for 30 minutes and the air is set to 77? Why??? I swear my contacts melted. Anyway, last appointment except next week when the kitties go to the vet for their last checkup until they hit a year!! (Besides being spayed, in a few months)

Btw, they are getting so big! Only one at a time can fit in the bathroom sink now. Apparently Ragdolls, even a mix, are obsessed with water! They jump in the shower with me everyday. Goofy things.

Nala still mostly hates them. She apparently thought we should have gotten another rabbit, not two crazy kittens.
🙄

Have my Lil’ Eli tomorrow again probably until Sunday, so with a few kitty pics, I will probably close this pre-trip updating out!!

Going to do a semi-live trip report, but going to save most of it for a full trip report when we come home. It will be my last, sadly, for a year, so I have to stretch it out a bit.

Even my hair stylist, well actually all of the stylists, in the salon, said they did not believe me. To the point they were taking bets... 😂 I guess I am their crazy Disney Lady. Oh well, there are a lot worse things to be. 😬

Cute kitties- are they not so big now??

Zuma- she is getting a crazy brown on her. Can’t wait to see what she looks like grown.
8964F2AF-98B1-4E00-A718-3E1993A80F2E.jpeg

My favorite, Roxie, (don’t tell the other two) Best personality ever in a cat.
4E1D9DA7-B17E-4763-8C92-B126930A7250.jpeg

And my Nala, my pretty kitty, that is still mad that we got kitties lol.
34D600F2-1C97-40AD-912E-8358B7C8B54F.jpeg

Thanks for following along on my pre-trip report, and unless something changes ~ look for my semi live, starting next Saturday!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom