Trip Report The *really* last Pre-trip report til 2020- AKA Ya right, you keep saying that.

The *really* last trip til 2020 pre-trip report (aka- ya right, okay, you keep saying that) 😑

Ya, ya... I said I wasn’t going and that May was the last til 2020.

My husband and @Tuvalu shared a laugh about that at our meet up in May.

He already knew he was going to have me book for Mother’s Day. Sneaky fella, but awesome fella to go with me as many times as he has. He loves it but not to my insane degree.

So, my name is Disneygigi- I am an addict. Some people are addicted to drugs or gambling. I am addicted to Disney. Whatever... lol

The Who- (Not the band) Us.

Just Myself and B -
2D8B34C8-7F62-445A-8E7F-54A0D955033F.jpeg

After all the kazillion vacations with kids, we finally realized we kinda, really like just us vacations.

Much to my children’s horror probably!

It will be our 27th wedding anniversary- we have spent so many there for it, I have lost count of the years- but a lot! Only one has been spent just the two of us though.

The When- 8-18 - 8-24- * new dates are 8/24-8/30 at Disney, followed by 5 days at the beach to chill and relax.

The where? Coronado Springs, of course! I did not choose the Tower though. I am sure the rooms are beautiful, but I would rather stay in Casitas. I still like the more spread out of rooms, than say like Bay Lake Towers, and such. It seems more hotel like than resort to me. We do have a late dining booked at Toledo, and can’t wait to see the fireworks views from up there. Coronado was a hidden spot to me for years for fireworks. Still shocked it took this long to build a building with views from this resort.

Debating on adding dining, because I liked not having a table service everyday.

We do have a Crystal Palace breakfast. Pooh. Nothing else needs to be said, lol- Mama Melrose Fantasmic, And Toledo booked.

I debated for 3 seconds going during the opening of Galaxy’s Edge- but no. I don’t care to see it right off the bat and fight the crazy crowds. If Marvel Land was coming to WDW, that would probably be a different story because Marvel is my thing!
I actually added the 18th to be able to see GotG show at Epcot.
They do run it that last day right?

Fastpasses in 3 1/2 weeks. Anybody notice if that glitch is still open to book early? Wanna say I made mine around 65 days or so for May.

The only part I hate is summer will be winding down when we get home. I don’t know why I don’t live farther south than I do.... Oh ya, my kids, and grandson! We so should have moved when they were little lol!

Last edited:

LeighM

I got horrible blisters on the bottoms of my feet from flip flops in the rain. That made me start wearing tennis shoes. The moleskin saved me that time. My feet are insanely small and I have ridiculously small heels so straps never work for me. I can wear a girls 3. 😑 I have been breaking in the teva flip flop style the past two days and they feel comfortable so far. I will be taking my Nikes in case but I know I will be so much cooler if I can stand the flip flops. I hate shoes... lol it is one of the things that depresses me about winter so bad. I would live in shorts, tanks and barefoot or flip flops all year if I could.

Oh my gosh, I think we have the same type of feet!!!!! Depending on the shoe, I can wear a 3 girls up to a 5 womens. My Timberlake winter boots are actually a boys size 2 LOL. I don't have the usual rounded heel either so my shoes usually don't have anything to grip (plus my heel is narrow but the top of my foot is wide). That's why I love these style Tevas. The heel strap has a cushion so my heel doesn't get a blister with the rubbing and the ankle strap is adjustable around so the sandals will actually stay on my feet and the top part of the sandal is also adjustable so I can fit to the wideness. It's literally the only pair that will work with my feet size and heel issue.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Oh my gosh, I think we have the same type of feet!!!!! Depending on the shoe, I can wear a 3 girls up to a 5 womens. My Timberlake winter boots are actually a boys size 2 LOL. I don't have the usual rounded heel either so my shoes usually don't have anything to grip (plus my heel is narrow but the top of my foot is wide). That's why I love these style Tevas. The heel strap has a cushion so my heel doesn't get a blister with the rubbing and the ankle strap is adjustable around so the sandals will actually stay on my feet and the top part of the sandal is also adjustable so I can fit to the wideness. It's literally the only pair that will work with my feet size and heel issue.
Sounds like it!!
I am known to stuff boots with toilet paper to fit in a 6. My legs are also very skinny at the bottom too so riding type boots never fit my legs lol.

LeighM

Sounds like it!!
I am known to stuff boots with toilet paper to fit in a 6. My legs are also very skinny at the bottom too so riding type boots never fit my legs lol.

I used to stock up on the heel cushion padding that sticks on the inside heel of the shoe for my professional shoes that I could never find smaller than a 6. If I found a 5.5 then I would be happy! I have a pair of black patent leather 1 inch T-strap heels in a girls brand called Cupcake Couture. I don't know why a girl would be wearing those shoes but it fit my needs perfectly in the summer LOL. Whenever people would say how much they loved those shoes and asked where I got them, I would just say I didn't remember, because I didn't want to admit I was wearing little girl shoes :joyfull:

Also, we have tons of dragonflies and damselflies on our property because of the swampiness and all of the mosquitoes for them to eat. Our neighbor sprays for mosquitoes (which makes no sense in our area) but the dragonflies and bats are fantastic bug controls!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I used to stock up on the heel cushion padding that sticks on the inside heel of the shoe for my professional shoes that I could never find smaller than a 6. If I found a 5.5 then I would be happy! I have a pair of black patent leather 1 inch T-strap heels in a girls brand called Cupcake Couture. I don't know why a girl would be wearing those shoes but it fit my needs perfectly in the summer LOL. Whenever people would say how much they loved those shoes and asked where I got them, I would just say I didn't remember, because I didn't want to admit I was wearing little girl shoes :joyfull:

Also, we have tons of dragonflies and damselflies on our property because of the swampiness and all of the mosquitoes for them to eat. Our neighbor sprays for mosquitoes (which makes no sense in our area) but the dragonflies and bats are fantastic bug controls!!
We have a neighbor with a stagnant pool behind us, think that is why we have so many dragonflies. Terrible mosquitoes. 😡
Bats too. I Love dragonflies, bats not so much had 3 in the house over the past several years. One in the dang washer, hanging from the washer tub like a vampire. It is a huge deal if a bat gets in your house and it can’t be tested. You have to get the shots. Trust me I know! Long story I won’t go into - but I hate those flipping things.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Tomatoes and basil? Homegrown- is there anything better? Black Cherokee tomatoes, basil, garlic, fresh lemon juice and olive oil. The amount of juice a black Cherokee makes, when it meets salt is heavenly. 😑 I always go for Caprese salad type stuff at WDW, but it can’t match real tomatoes.
The sad news. I ate it on Gluten free bread. The rest I ate with a spoon though. 😬
C23E2725-41A2-4E7C-B858-ED0350C248A9.jpeg

bee

Tomatoes and basil? Homegrown- is there anything better? Black Cherokee tomatoes, basil, garlic, fresh lemon juice and olive oil. The amount of juice a black Cherokee makes, when it meets salt is heavenly. 😑 I always go for Caprese salad type stuff at WDW, but it can’t match real tomatoes.
The sad news. I ate it on Gluten free bread. The rest I ate with a spoon though. 😬View attachment 394362
I looooove tomatoes and that looks AMAZING!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I looooove tomatoes and that looks AMAZING!
You have to try a black Cherokee! Best flavor of all the heirlooms. That is all we grow besides yellow grape tomatoes now. If we were not flying this time, I would bring you some.

LeighM

We have a neighbor with a stagnant pool behind us, think that is why we have so many dragonflies. Terrible mosquitoes. 😡
Bats too. I Love dragonflies, bats not so much had 3 in the house over the past several years. One in the dang washer, hanging from the washer tub like a vampire. It is a huge deal if a bat gets in your house and it can’t be tested. You have to get the shots. Trust me I know! Long story I won’t go into - but I hate those flipping things.

We've never had a bat get into the house. Fingers crossed it continues!! We once had a baby bat try to drown itself in our pool though. We had to rescue that one with the pool net. He hung upside down from the side but we got a storm that filled up the pool while it was sleeping lol. We have had chimney swallows get stuck in our fireplace and a baby flying squirrel found its way into our basement. That was the cutest thing ever!!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We've never had a bat get into the house. Fingers crossed it continues!! We once had a baby bat try to drown itself in our pool though. We had to rescue that one with the pool net. He hung upside down from the side but we got a storm that filled up the pool while it was sleeping lol. We have had chimney swallows get stuck in our fireplace and a baby flying squirrel found its way into our basement. That was the cutest thing ever!!!
Be careful with the pool. I have light strands around ours (makes me think of Coronado Springs) but don’t turn them on much because it draws them to the water at night. That is so weird about the baby flying squirrel! One came in our basement too. We trapped it with a big coffee can to take it outside. Their eyes are adorable!

riverside

That was the cutest thing ever!!!
Their eyes are adorable!
I beg to differ with you both--probably b/c I'm still traumatized since this only happened to me last week......
I meet E at 6 to walk every morning. I go into the bathroom & find a dead rodent staring at me from the toilet. I kid you not I was paralyzed with fear. I got the heck out of dodge as fast as I could. My mind was going in a million different directions-how did it get in there, what was it? Honestly, I couldn't think rationally. By the time I met E I couldn't talk I was so worked up. I actually had goosebumps while I was trying to get the words out. Finally I said, "There's a rat in my toilet." She looked like I did a half hour before. I called my sister, Ch & told her what was going on & asked if her husband would remove it(he used to work for a pest control company so I knew this wouldn't bother him.) He had already left for work. Ch told me she come up & meet me in a few minutes(she lives right down the hill from me.) I told her I was long gone from the house. She called our brother D & asked him to come over. Mind you, it's only 6:15 so he was still sleeping & she woke him up. He said he refused to get a rat out of the toilet. Ch braved it & got a bucket & garden tool from the garage & started making her way up to the bathroom when D pulled in. She was so relieved to see him. As it turns out it was a squirrel!! The way it was laying in the toilet I couldn't see it's tail & let's be honest, I really wasn't trying to inspect it. Our best guess was that it was in a tree(it's very close to the house), got on the roof, fell down the vent stack, chose the path to come out the toilet & drowned(thank God!!). Even after I knew what it was & how it got in I was still shaking for hours at work. So, my opinion--they're not cute & their eyes aren't adorable either!!:depressed:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I beg to differ with you both--probably b/c I'm still traumatized since this only happened to me last week......
I meet E at 6 to walk every morning. I go into the bathroom & find a dead rodent staring at me from the toilet. I kid you not I was paralyzed with fear. I got the heck out of dodge as fast as I could. My mind was going in a million different directions-how did it get in there, what was it? Honestly, I couldn't think rationally. By the time I met E I couldn't talk I was so worked up. I actually had goosebumps while I was trying to get the words out. Finally I said, "There's a rat in my toilet." She looked like I did a half hour before. I called my sister, Ch & told her what was going on & asked if her husband would remove it(he used to work for a pest control company so I knew this wouldn't bother him.) He had already left for work. Ch told me she come up & meet me in a few minutes(she lives right down the hill from me.) I told her I was long gone from the house. She called our brother D & asked him to come over. Mind you, it's only 6:15 so he was still sleeping & she woke him up. He said he refused to get a rat out of the toilet. Ch braved it & got a bucket & garden tool from the garage & started making her way up to the bathroom when D pulled in. She was so relieved to see him. As it turns out it was a squirrel!! The way it was laying in the toilet I couldn't see it's tail & let's be honest, I really wasn't trying to inspect it. Our best guess was that it was in a tree(it's very close to the house), got on the roof, fell down the vent stack, chose the path to come out the toilet & drowned(thank God!!). Even after I knew what it was & how it got in I was still shaking for hours at work. So, my opinion--they're not cute & their eyes aren't adorable either!!:depressed:
Oh gosh! 😳 I would have freaked out too if I thought it was a rat!! Especially that early. B would have passed out he is terrified of even the tiniest mouse. I think mice and hamsters are cute too and he calls me weird. Never mind this comes from a man that will pick up and play with snakes. Not in my presence anymore though- because I threatened to buy a mouse and set it on his chest while he was sleeping if he did it again in front of me. I hate snakes with a passion! If I snake ever got in my house I would never set foot back in it.

Everybody was screaming about the squirrel here too. I only got close enough to take a picture lol. They have little bugged out eyes if they are flying squirrels. (Like a Chinchilla kinda but small and they can glide) If it had jumped at me or anything I would have freaked. This one we think came in the chimney before we put in a sealed wood stove. It used to just be open, although while typing I am now questioning why it climbed all the way down to the downstairs fireplace and bypassed the upstairs one. 🤭 After the bats, we are all sealed in every nook and cranny!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Heads up to everybody that can’t do too many carbs, or gluten. I made chicken Parmesan with Edamame noodles. A little butter and salt after you cook them an Oh my gosh! So much better than Pasta! I never used to eat my pasta when I make Chicken Parmesan. This I did!
83772005-4B34-493F-84E8-C5587E9A023A.jpeg

0E9FB3D9-9F24-4826-8FF7-EEAE3F8095AC.jpeg
D95A6AA4-5CD7-4B3F-9FF2-765080676C37.jpeg

krisri18

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom