Trip Report The *really* last Pre-trip report til 2020- AKA Ya right, you keep saying that.

The *really* last trip til 2020 pre-trip report (aka- ya right, okay, you keep saying that) šŸ˜‘

Ya, ya... I said I wasnā€™t going and that May was the last til 2020.

My husband and @Tuvalu shared a laugh about that at our meet up in May.

He already knew he was going to have me book for Motherā€™s Day. Sneaky fella, but awesome fella to go with me as many times as he has. He loves it but not to my insane degree.

So, my name is Disneygigi- I am an addict. Some people are addicted to drugs or gambling. I am addicted to Disney. Whatever... lol

The Who- (Not the band) Us.

Just Myself and B -
2D8B34C8-7F62-445A-8E7F-54A0D955033F.jpeg

After all the kazillion vacations with kids, we finally realized we kinda, really like just us vacations.

Much to my childrenā€™s horror probably!

It will be our 27th wedding anniversary- we have spent so many there for it, I have lost count of the years- but a lot! Only one has been spent just the two of us though.

The When- 8-18 - 8-24- * new dates are 8/24-8/30 at Disney, followed by 5 days at the beach to chill and relax.

The where? Coronado Springs, of course! I did not choose the Tower though. I am sure the rooms are beautiful, but I would rather stay in Casitas. I still like the more spread out of rooms, than say like Bay Lake Towers, and such. It seems more hotel like than resort to me. We do have a late dining booked at Toledo, and canā€™t wait to see the fireworks views from up there. Coronado was a hidden spot to me for years for fireworks. Still shocked it took this long to build a building with views from this resort.

Debating on adding dining, because I liked not having a table service everyday.

We do have a Crystal Palace breakfast. Pooh. Nothing else needs to be said, lol- Mama Melrose Fantasmic, And Toledo booked.

I debated for 3 seconds going during the opening of Galaxyā€™s Edge- but no. I donā€™t care to see it right off the bat and fight the crazy crowds. If Marvel Land was coming to WDW, that would probably be a different story because Marvel is my thing!
I actually added the 18th to be able to see GotG show at Epcot.
They do run it that last day right?

Fastpasses in 3 1/2 weeks. Anybody notice if that glitch is still open to book early? Wanna say I made mine around 65 days or so for May.

The only part I hate is summer will be winding down when we get home. I donā€™t know why I donā€™t live farther south than I do.... Oh ya, my kids, and grandson! We so should have moved when they were little lol!

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Itā€™s called ā€œamazon nowā€
Thanks! Hubby knew about it, when I mentioned it.
My renewed DL came in about a week, as did my 16 year old's brand new one, so you should be ok!! Hope you have a fantastic trip and I can't wait to hear about it!
Hope mine comes that quick. Supposed to be a max of 20 days so I should be good.
Ditto what @Rista1313 said about Amazon Now. I used it a couple of years ago when Alaska Airlines lost my luggage for a couple of days, and I needed a few "essentials" if you know what I mean. ;):hilarious: It was incredibly easy, and they were quick too!
I so hope they donā€™t lose my luggage. :-/ I would freak lol
I relate to this so much! I want to be excited about our trip in August but also do t want to rush it because when we get back it's the end of summer (kids go back to school and I go back to work).
It is the only thing I hate about our late Summer Labor Day trips! Used to be real bad when we only went once a year. I spent all year looking forward to it then got home and stayed depressed until spring. I hate fall and winter.

42 days to go! Made myself a Grand Mariner Slushie- my glass was broke so I put it a mug šŸ˜‚
24246044-A490-40C4-90E4-7240E9178D37.jpeg

Took little fella back to see Toy Story again this morning and bawled like a baby again.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Quick footwear question- looking at Teva wedge flip flops- anyone have any experience with comfort? I hate to wear tennis shoes in August because my feet get so hot. If I can keep my feet cooler, I am cooler. However, regular flip flops blister my feet like crazy. I donā€™t like the sandal style. Anyone tried them?

eb3257

Quick footwear question- looking at Teva wedge flip flops- anyone have any experience with comfort? I hate to wear tennis shoes in August because my feet get so hot. If I can keep my feet cooler, I am cooler. However, regular flip flops blister my feet like crazy. I donā€™t like the sandal style. Anyone tried them?
I just bought a pair of the TEVA Voya flip flops and find them very comfortable. (I've never used them in the parks so I don't know if they are ok for that type of walking)! I've only had them a couple of weeks so I hope others chime in! :cool:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I just bought a pair of the TEVA Voya flip flops and find them very comfortable. (I've never used them in the parks so I don't know if they are ok for that type of walking)! I've only had them a couple of weeks so I hope others chime in! :cool:
Thanks!
I ordered these. I have a high arch so went with a wedge, Hope I donā€™t get too many blisters!
42558834-680E-4179-B9F5-DC1A9F9D45DB.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Holy smokes!! It is HOT today! 92 and full intense sunshine. So hot that you canā€™t stand to lay on a float in the pool unless it is one that kinda sinks down so the water can get on you. Guess it is to help me prepare for Florida heat. And at least I have a pool to cool off in! šŸ”„

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
32 days to go and I am proud to report that my suitcase is actually under the weight limit by 10 lbs! All I have to add is my blow dryer, flat iron and a few makeup items that I donā€™t have multiples to pre-pack. (I donā€™t know why I bother with naturally curly hair in Florida but it starts the day straight) šŸ™„ I did it!!

On a really bad note, my stuff is out and Stinker went and got his Incredibles suitcase out and put clothes in last night when we were weighing them. I totally caved and sent it to his daddy and said if yā€™all say yes, he can go. He said no. In all reality, a good thing, since this my last until next fall. (It really is, at least for now) BUT- at least I did not have to be the bad guy.

Major guilt trip like always... but I am going to Disney World!!!! Just me and B!! In 32 days! I donā€™t care if it means summer will be over shortly after. 27th anniversary at Coronado, my home away from home- Canā€™t wait to kick back in our hammock, at night for the kazillionth time. It never gets old.
F42A6C9C-C9CA-4976-BDCA-5B574BA318BD.jpeg

I just hate not having a trip every 3 months like we did this past year.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder though- right? Or is that Absinthe? Just kidding! I have never been brave enough to try it. šŸ˜œ

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
šŸ’” Oh that is hard...

But it will be so much fun! Excited for you!
Thanks! It was pretty rough. I felt horrible. We should have been more discreet about packing but it is hard when I have him 5 days a week.
I'm glad Daddy said no.... grandkids are special, but sometimes you just need a grown up vacation!
I am actually glad too, as bad as it made me feel. I want just an us trip. Lord knows I will ship him enough prizes home to make up for it anyway.

LeighM

I have a pair of Teva sandals, the adjustable type that wraps around the ankles so that my clumsy butt doesn't slip out of them when it rains :) Mine have always provided great arch support and traction. And I only ever got blisters once wearing them and that was actually caused by the moleskin I used to avoid blisters!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I have a pair of Teva sandals, the adjustable type that wraps around the ankles so that my clumsy butt doesn't slip out of them when it rains :) Mine have always provided great arch support and traction. And I only ever got blisters once wearing them and that was actually caused by the moleskin I used to avoid blisters!
I got horrible blisters on the bottoms of my feet from flip flops in the rain. That made me start wearing tennis shoes. The moleskin saved me that time. My feet are insanely small and I have ridiculously small heels so straps never work for me. I can wear a girls 3. šŸ˜‘ I have been breaking in the teva flip flop style the past two days and they feel comfortable so far. I will be taking my Nikes in case but I know I will be so much cooler if I can stand the flip flops. I hate shoes... lol it is one of the things that depresses me about winter so bad. I would live in shorts, tanks and barefoot or flip flops all year if I could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom