Trip Report The *really* last Pre-trip report til 2020- AKA Ya right, you keep saying that.

The *really* last trip til 2020 pre-trip report (aka- ya right, okay, you keep saying that) šŸ˜‘

Ya, ya... I said I wasnā€™t going and that May was the last til 2020.

My husband and @Tuvalu shared a laugh about that at our meet up in May.

He already knew he was going to have me book for Motherā€™s Day. Sneaky fella, but awesome fella to go with me as many times as he has. He loves it but not to my insane degree.

So, my name is Disneygigi- I am an addict. Some people are addicted to drugs or gambling. I am addicted to Disney. Whatever... lol

The Who- (Not the band) Us.

Just Myself and B -
2D8B34C8-7F62-445A-8E7F-54A0D955033F.jpeg

After all the kazillion vacations with kids, we finally realized we kinda, really like just us vacations.

Much to my childrenā€™s horror probably!

It will be our 27th wedding anniversary- we have spent so many there for it, I have lost count of the years- but a lot! Only one has been spent just the two of us though.

The When- 8-18 - 8-24- * new dates are 8/24-8/30 at Disney, followed by 5 days at the beach to chill and relax.

The where? Coronado Springs, of course! I did not choose the Tower though. I am sure the rooms are beautiful, but I would rather stay in Casitas. I still like the more spread out of rooms, than say like Bay Lake Towers, and such. It seems more hotel like than resort to me. We do have a late dining booked at Toledo, and canā€™t wait to see the fireworks views from up there. Coronado was a hidden spot to me for years for fireworks. Still shocked it took this long to build a building with views from this resort.

Debating on adding dining, because I liked not having a table service everyday.

We do have a Crystal Palace breakfast. Pooh. Nothing else needs to be said, lol- Mama Melrose Fantasmic, And Toledo booked.

I debated for 3 seconds going during the opening of Galaxyā€™s Edge- but no. I donā€™t care to see it right off the bat and fight the crazy crowds. If Marvel Land was coming to WDW, that would probably be a different story because Marvel is my thing!
I actually added the 18th to be able to see GotG show at Epcot.
They do run it that last day right?

Fastpasses in 3 1/2 weeks. Anybody notice if that glitch is still open to book early? Wanna say I made mine around 65 days or so for May.

The only part I hate is summer will be winding down when we get home. I donā€™t know why I donā€™t live farther south than I do.... Oh ya, my kids, and grandson! We so should have moved when they were little lol!

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Stinker did amazing at the movie just like I knew that he would! He is the best kid on the planet, so much like his daddy was at that age. The movie was really cute but I still donā€™t know how I felt about the ending. No Spoilers, of course but I will say I cried so, so hard.
When I woke up that morning my throat hurt when I swallowed, by the time we stopped at Wal-Mart to get my angel a Duke Ka-Boom- I knew I was in trouble. I was at Urgent Care at opening yesterday. I have to be basically dying to go to doc) Strep! In summer... šŸ˜‘ I have slept since coming back! Here is hoping that the 3 alarms I set will be enough to wake me up on time for fastpasses in the am. Was hoping that glitch would show back up while I am actually awake but no such luck. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

If you have to be sick and in bed all day, it is better with these faces!
34D0ECA4-DC5A-4C34-8DA8-6259CDE64B78.png
4ACBD303-D1C8-4877-A565-4E980341209F.jpeg

Last edited:

krisri18

Stinker did amazing at the movie just like I knew that he would! He is the best kid on the planet, so much like his daddy was at that age. The movie was really cute but I still donā€™t know how I felt about the ending. No Spoilers, of course but I will say I cried so, so hard.
When I woke up that morning my throat hurt when I swallowed, by the time we stopped at Wal-Mart to get my angel a Duke Ka-Boom- I knew I was in trouble. I was at Urgent Care at opening yesterday. I have to be basically dying to go to doc) Strep! In summer... šŸ˜‘ I have slept since coming back! Here is hoping that the 3 alarms I set will be enough to wake me up on time for fastpasses in the am. Was hoping that glitch would show back up while I am actually awake but no such luck. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Not liking the strep, but everything else!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Not liking the strep, but everything else!
Thank you and Thank the good Lord for old school penicillin! I had a fever of 104 yesterday, today 101. I just hope my sweet baby doesnā€™t get it. I had him since Wednesday when his daddy dropped him off until Saturday evening. His daddy was the gift giver, he came down with it Thursday morning. So he most likely will get it. :( :(

krisri18

Thank you and Thank the good Lord for old school penicillin! I had a fever of 104 yesterday, today 101. I just hope my sweet baby doesnā€™t get it. I had him since Wednesday when his daddy dropped him off until Saturday evening. His daddy was the gift giver, he came down with it Thursday morning. So he most likely will get it. :(:(
Definitely can't like that!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

If you have to be sick and in bed all day, it is better with these faces! View attachment 383826View attachment 383827
I have been checking for the glitch as well. Where is Venelope when you need her?!?

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I think we are overlapping. My FP day is tomorrow!!!
I promise to be on my best weather behavior!!!
I am driving X back to school first, leaving under the cover of darkness so Mother Nature gets faked out. šŸ’§ā˜”ā›ˆ
šŸ˜‚ There is always at least one big thunderstorm a day late August early September. I am used to it. I just hope and pray no Hurricane. I still get sick to my stomach thinking of the 16-17 hour drive leaving when Irma came. šŸ˜‘ If one does hit, I shall ride it out there rather than the madness that was.
Good luck in the morning and maybe we will run into each other! I will bring the tequila but hold the Guacamole. ;)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
i live in tampa and rode out irma at my place..most of my smarter friends left...luckily wasnt too bad

and ixnay on the guacamole ay...darstar will have a fit:confused::cool:
šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ I couldnā€™t resist. Donā€™t yell at me @Darstarr

I wanted to stay but did not want my son to stay. He refused to go if I didnā€™t. It was okay for momma bear but not the cub. I hate to be in a car even just for the 8 1/2 hour trek so doubling it was a nightmare for me. I would have rather faced the storm. People were driving like complete idiots to boot.

Janir

Oh no! I tried for the 24th first and no go. Got one for the 28th at 6. Guess we will hit it last and then head back for our Toledo anniversary dinner.
We got frozen out of a SDD Fast Pass last week for out vacation plans, for about the same timeperiod. WE're just gonna play it by ear, and maybe get luck with a last second one. Or just good ole standby.

We're doing Toledo dinner for our last night in the World 24th. Looks to be good!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We got frozen out of a SDD Fast Pass last week for out vacation plans, for about the same timeperiod. WE're just gonna play it by ear, and maybe get luck with a last second one. Or just good ole standby.

We're doing Toledo dinner for our last night in the World 24th. Looks to be good!
I have seen them pop up on the day of on our September trip. Watch the ap like crazy. Also FP that do not show up available straight up do sometimes show up on modify. We had to swap our SDD for Swirling Saucers in November because our grandson missed it by 1 inch. :( It showed up not available until I clicked modify on the Slinky.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
šŸ˜‚ There is always at least one big thunderstorm a day late August early September. I am used to it. I just hope and pray no Hurricane. I still get sick to my stomach thinking of the 16-17 hour drive leaving when Irma came. šŸ˜‘ If one does hit, I shall ride it out there rather than the madness that was.
Good luck in the morning and maybe we will run into each other! I will bring the tequila but hold the Guacamole. ;)
Yes. If you see me please say ā€œhiā€.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom