Trip Report The *really* last Pre-trip report til 2020- AKA Ya right, you keep saying that.

The *really* last trip til 2020 pre-trip report (aka- ya right, okay, you keep saying that) 😑

Ya, ya... I said I wasn’t going and that May was the last til 2020.

My husband and @Tuvalu shared a laugh about that at our meet up in May.

He already knew he was going to have me book for Mother’s Day. Sneaky fella, but awesome fella to go with me as many times as he has. He loves it but not to my insane degree.

So, my name is Disneygigi- I am an addict. Some people are addicted to drugs or gambling. I am addicted to Disney. Whatever... lol

The Who- (Not the band) Us.

Just Myself and B -
2D8B34C8-7F62-445A-8E7F-54A0D955033F.jpeg

After all the kazillion vacations with kids, we finally realized we kinda, really like just us vacations.

Much to my children’s horror probably!

It will be our 27th wedding anniversary- we have spent so many there for it, I have lost count of the years- but a lot! Only one has been spent just the two of us though.

The When- 8-18 - 8-24- * new dates are 8/24-8/30 at Disney, followed by 5 days at the beach to chill and relax.

The where? Coronado Springs, of course! I did not choose the Tower though. I am sure the rooms are beautiful, but I would rather stay in Casitas. I still like the more spread out of rooms, than say like Bay Lake Towers, and such. It seems more hotel like than resort to me. We do have a late dining booked at Toledo, and can’t wait to see the fireworks views from up there. Coronado was a hidden spot to me for years for fireworks. Still shocked it took this long to build a building with views from this resort.

Debating on adding dining, because I liked not having a table service everyday.

We do have a Crystal Palace breakfast. Pooh. Nothing else needs to be said, lol- Mama Melrose Fantasmic, And Toledo booked.

I debated for 3 seconds going during the opening of Galaxy’s Edge- but no. I don’t care to see it right off the bat and fight the crazy crowds. If Marvel Land was coming to WDW, that would probably be a different story because Marvel is my thing!
I actually added the 18th to be able to see GotG show at Epcot.
They do run it that last day right?

Fastpasses in 3 1/2 weeks. Anybody notice if that glitch is still open to book early? Wanna say I made mine around 65 days or so for May.

The only part I hate is summer will be winding down when we get home. I don’t know why I don’t live farther south than I do.... Oh ya, my kids, and grandson! We so should have moved when they were little lol!

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I am having a really hard time trying to practice packing for flying. BUT, we are booked. I figured out I cannot take all 10 of my different jars of moisturizers, scrubs, or my lotions, hair products, etc. I feel so out of whack trying to learn this. No car either. Buses all the way! No long car ride though right?? With a little help- (Thank you, Disney expert 😉) I think I may understand Magical Express, a little bit! May the Pixie Dust be with me.

And he has no idea where I am going- 😑
1ECFBECB-BBEA-4EBA-AB65-39B8C7D29696.jpeg

Neither do the kitties.
98C3EC0F-1A1D-4A30-92A8-D082B0F6FDAF.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I know I am probably overthinking it- but
In my personal bag, if it meets measurement, can I put my small empty crossbody bag for the parks? Taking a backpack, but want a small purse for the parks.

Also, will my face powder in that bag be a problem?
Small Dior loose powder.
I haven’t been on a plane in 17 years and am a bit Monica Gellar. 😑

LeighM

I'm an OCD planner who flies JetBlue. I always pay for one checked luggage (not expensive) and then the free carry on and personal item. I have to have my bottle of contacts saline in my checked bag because they never make travel size. So I'll put larger bottles that can't fit into my carry on in checked bag. I have a large bag labeled checked bag liquids and put saline, shaving gel, cold medication, etc. in that bag. I have a quart size bag labeled carry on liquids for the most important things - makeup, antibacterial hand gel, travel sized Lysol spray for the hotel room, etc. Lately, I've been using my large LeSportsac Voyager backpack as my carry on bag. In that, I'll put my carry on liquids, my baggie labeled electronics/chargers, my baggie labeled medications, an extra set of clothes in case my checked bag is lost/delayed. Also, I will also use my smaller LeSportsac crossbody that has the wallet I'll use, my cell phone, etc. I'll squish my crossbody into my carry on luggage and shove both under the plane seat. Then, when I get to the resort, I can just take my crossbody purse out of my backpack without any hassle. My husband makes fun of my system but I always have everything we both need when we need it LOL. When my BIL/SIL joined us last year, they each had a carry on and shared one checked bag but still didn't have everything they needed. My husband tends to be an overpacker, while I'm an efficient packer, so any souvenirs usually make its way into my checked bag :)

krisri18

I know I am probably overthinking it- but
In my personal bag, if it meets measurement, can I put my small empty crossbody bag for the parks? Taking a backpack, but want a small purse for the parks.

Also, will my face powder in that bag be a problem?
Small Dior loose powder.
I haven’t been on a plane in 17 years and am a bit Monica Gellar. 😑

Just watched this episode yesterday with my middle child who promptly asked "seriously? Who still prints photos?"

PacNWTigger

I'm an OCD planner who flies JetBlue. I always pay for one checked luggage (not expensive) and then the free carry on and personal item. I have to have my bottle of contacts saline in my checked bag because they never make travel size. So I'll put larger bottles that can't fit into my carry on in checked bag. I have a large bag labeled checked bag liquids and put saline, shaving gel, cold medication, etc. in that bag. I have a quart size bag labeled carry on liquids for the most important things - makeup, antibacterial hand gel, travel sized Lysol spray for the hotel room, etc. Lately, I've been using my large LeSportsac Voyager backpack as my carry on bag. In that, I'll put my carry on liquids, my baggie labeled electronics/chargers, my baggie labeled medications, an extra set of clothes in case my checked bag is lost/delayed. Also, I will also use my smaller LeSportsac crossbody that has the wallet I'll use, my cell phone, etc. I'll squish my crossbody into my carry on luggage and shove both under the plane seat. Then, when I get to the resort, I can just take my crossbody purse out of my backpack without any hassle. My husband makes fun of my system but I always have everything we both need when we need it LOL. When my BIL/SIL joined us last year, they each had a carry on and shared one checked bag but still didn't have everything they needed. My husband tends to be an overpacker, while I'm an efficient packer, so any souvenirs usually make its way into my checked bag :)
I've been able to find travel size saline on Amazon. Definitely not able to find it in the store anymore. 😕

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I've been able to find travel size saline on Amazon. Definitely not able to find it in the store anymore. 😕
I think I may have an old one. I guess I could refill it if I sterilize it. I wear one day contacts though so I won’t need much. Are they fussy about how many packs of contacts you bring? I am blind without them, so definitely taking them carryon.

Dave B

You sound like my wife, lolol, as I tell her, we are not traveling to a remote part of the world with no services, if we forget something, we have amazon prime as well as many other delivery options, and Target is only 5-10 minutes away, have fun, I am glad you are back all in, good luck with the flight

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
You sound like my wife, lolol, as I tell her, we are not traveling to a remote part of the world with no services, if we forget something, we have amazon prime as well as many other delivery options, and Target is only 5-10 minutes away, have fun, I am glad you are back all in, good luck with the flight
Glad it isn’t just me! Thanks, hoping it goes well. I am thrilled not to have to be in the car so long.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
44 days to go and although I am getting very excited- I also realize that, once again I am looking forward to something that when we get home means summer is ending. 😭

Late summer trips are always a double edged sword for me.

I added a Cape May Cafe dinner since we missed that the last two trips. I plan on doing a bike again, but not the big one when my son and his wife bailed on us in 2015, I think it was. Waited til we paid and then said nah, one of the funniest memories ever though. 98 degrees, ate enough crab legs to puke, and he didn’t peddle up the hills. I was a soaking wet pile of glistening- (girls do not sweat, my momma taught me- we glisten.- I was glistening like crazy!)

Made FP for the Navi Journey last day, since we have not done it yet, then plan on going to Epcot for a little more Food & Wine before a evening flight last day.

Very proud to say that I am doing okay now with the packing. My panic has left after my sweet sister in law, told me I can always ship a box to myself to the resort, if I do not think I can live without certain things I always bring driving. Diet Sierra Mist- for one! I hate Diet Sprite, it is gross, and do not like Diet Coke either. I quit drinking regular soda so long ago that it tastes like pure sugar if I drink it now. Makes me sick as a dog. I am addicted to Diet Sierra, and take 2 cases with me every trip.

I am so excited to fly again. Just not something we do often. B, only once in 98- then me again to California in 2002. It may all go to heck in a handbasket, but it is different from the last 13 or so trips. ;) so that makes it kinda fun. I feel like my inner Phoebe may be taking over my dominant Monica. 🤣

Hoping they do mail your new DL quickly, as I realized mine died on my Birthday. So bad not to keep up with stuff like that but going in the morning to renew.

Proud to report that Lil Eli, aka, Stinker has mastered swimming (with arm floats) jumps off the side and screams cannonball! I taught him to float too- and very proud he is so comfortable at 3 1/2 to do just that. My mom made me learn to swim early, took me to the Y for swimming lessons. I just think if you teach them young how to swim, not be afraid but respect the water, so much better than someone later on, that is afraid. :)
He is a water bug just like his Gigi, Papaw, and his daddy! 😍
436A57C7-D997-4C63-B068-F66A683DE8A3.jpeg
846351D5-15C2-4A55-A1A2-8798EE20D123.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I wouldn't mail your pop/soda... do you have amazon prime? You can use the amazon app, or the publix app to order supplies to be delivered within a couple hour window right to your resort.
We do. I don’t have to have it, but would be happier if we did. Not renting a car, so going to be on property the whole time. I will look at that! Thanks.

TheMouseFan

My renewed DL came in about a week, as did my 16 year old's brand new one, so you should be ok!! Hope you have a fantastic trip and I can't wait to hear about it!

PacNWTigger

Ditto what @Rista1313 said about Amazon Now. I used it a couple of years ago when Alaska Airlines lost my luggage for a couple of days, and I needed a few "essentials" if you know what I mean. ;):hilarious: It was incredibly easy, and they were quick too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom