Trip Report The Pushed back because of Irma no Rain Trip Report! COMPLETED

Today is the first night I am home from Vacation and I couldn't wait to re live my trip through my report. So who is with me>??
Here's the Cast: My Parents, Penny & Tom we come with them every year
My Children ( Madyson 4 & Beau almost 2)
My almost ex husband Brent ( going through a divorce)
My Self -Beth
Where: Disney's Pop Century ( our first value in over 5 years)
When: Thursday Sept 14th through Saturday September 23rd Pushed back 2 days from Irma

Whose Ready ??!!
b15.jpg

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Thursday September 14th-
Woke up around 10 and headed out for our Flight. The Flight there was uneventful. We had United, seats were spacious and comfortable. We got in around 6 pm and My parents picked us up. We were all hungry so we headed to Down Town Disney.. I mean Disney Springs :). My mom loves Wolf Gang and she wanted to eat there, so we parked the car and headed over. We were exhausted so we Ordered , I had Half Chicken. It was okay, kind of dry. We headed out and we stopped at the Character Wear House. Picked up Sofia, Peter Pan Ears, Sofia & Jake Magic Bands, 3 Fidget Spinners, and a hoodie for me. We spent 50$. I was ready to hit the road so we went back to POP and took showers. We headed out to check out the restaurant and got drinks. We went to bed around 11 and got ready for our day.

UP NEXT: Sundaes, Character Dining @ Universal & Halloween horror nights.

Last edited:

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Friday September 15th-
We woke up ready for the day. We went down to the Pop Food Court. My son and I split a bounty platter. My daughter had Mickey Waffles. We were going to Universal today,We headed out around 11 . We got to Universal, My Parents and daughter went into the Park, While We went to get some dessert.

b67.jpg

I had the brookie Sundae. It was amazing. I can't wait to be able to eat one again. Best dessert of the trip. After we ate my son fell asleep so It was time to find a bench and relax. My Parents picked up Beau around 5 at that time we headed to the spot to check in for the character dining . We went for the first day so everyone was pretty stressed out because they didn't know where everything was going. They handled it so well. We went to the buffett at Monsters Café. We had rolls,steaks,desserts, veggies etc. Cost was 107.00 for 2 adults. They had a lot of scare actors walking around taking pictures.

b72.jpg
b70.jpg

We headed out and went right to a house. Bayou of Blood. Then We headed to Bill and Teds because We had the express pass. I loved the show It was kinda sad because it was the last show, but at the same time it was so funny. After the show we headed to the other rides, and houses. The only house that I thought was stupid was Ash Vs Dead. The dancing show was cut short because of Irma. I only know because they were Mimes and They had a sign that said it was because of Irma. After doing all the houses and rides. It was time to leave. The longest wait was The Shining house at 30 minutes with express. We got home around 2 and went to bed and got ready for our first Disney Day!

Last edited:

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Saturday September 27th-
We woke up around 9 and I wasn't ready for the day yet, so Brent took our son to the park while I packed, showered and got our daughter up. Once everyone was ready to go we headed down to the bus station and Honestly I was surprised how great the bus system was this trip. It was my one big thing about staying at a value, but, I was pleasantly surprised. We got to HS and went to lunch at back lot express. I was trying to pay attention and racked my thigh on a bar and I still have the bruise 3 weeks later. I had the spinach sandwich and a Darth Vader cupcake. The cupcake was so good! It was around 12 and we headed over to tower of terror. I asked my daughter if she wanted to ride. I explained that the ride has a giant drop and this is what came of my warning...
b74.jpg

We were front row. She wasn't scared, but she assured me she would never ride again. Until I told her we had a rider swap to pass the line! Then she went on again with her Dad. While they were on I got a peach ice tea from the little cart by the exit. It was very refreshing. At that time my parents were headed in and we had FP for Rockin Roller Coaster. I was going to go on 2nd but I ended up having a migraine so everyone got to ride twice. While I was waiting there were 3 children by the exit on the benches waiting for their parents. The oldest was I would say 9? Youngest 3. I couldn't believe some one would leave their children there, and I was sitting there a good 45 minutes. Once we were done we headed to little Mermaid and Star tours. It was awesome being able to ride with my daughter ( She wasn't tall enough last year), but also get rider swap which helps with the line. At this time it was 5 and we forgot we didn't get Toy story fast passes. No problem we wet on the app and I found one in 45 minutes! We got to ride the new side. It was good! Then we headed to Disney Jr live on stage. We danced and sang with the crew and on our way out we seen some friends,
b10.jpg
b71.jpg
b4.jpg

We said good bye to Doc and Sofia. We met Jake too, but didn't get my camera in time. Madyson loves Chewbacca so we went and met Him and Kylo Ren next.
b68.jpg

She loves him! She was showing she had a bb8 sticker. It was getting late and we were exhausted, we did star tours again and ran into Olaf !
b76.jpg

It was feeling a lot like summer ! It was 9 pm and we headed out and went to get dinner at the food court! We ate and went back to the room, I put my 1 yr old to bed and went to walk around to chat to some friends back home! Drifted off to bed at 1 and was excited for Animal Kingdom, Pandora, and Tusker house!

Attachments

• b10.jpg
    b10.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 30
  • b75.jpg
    b75.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Sunday September 28th-
We woke up with an alarm at 9 am for our breakfast at Tusker house. We jumped on the bus and headed over. Once we got to the park I was picked for the screening. Like every day on this trip. We were running late because the family I was behind didn't understand they had to use the same finger for the scanners and they didn't speak English. We were 15 minutes late, it was no problem. Once checked in we waited about 5 minutes to be seated. We got our food and the characters started coming.
b80.jpg
b1.jpg

We seen all the characters and headed out for Dino land. We Rode Triceratops spin. I asked my daughter if she wanted to ride Dinosaur, she said yes so we went on.
b78.jpg

She looks scared, she wasn't. Loud sounds are hard for her and so now I know for next time, we defiantly need ear plugs. With that said she went on with her Dad and then we headed to The Dino play area and had some fun.
b77.jpg

Once We seen our Pandora Fast passes were beginning we headed over that way. Madyson and her Dad had The River Journey ( he is big so I knew he wouldn't fit on the other one) The original plan was he was taking our son on too but he fell asleep. They went on and I got a spot in the shade and relaxed waiting for them to get off and My parents to arrive. Once he was done it was our turn for Flight of Passage.
b79.jpg

My thoughts... pre show so stupid. The actual ride, amazing I loved it . I can't wait to go on it again. Once that was over we had 3 hours to blow so we headed over to The lion king. They asked us to sit in the front and my Dad was picked to be the warthog. It was funny.
PART 2 COMING NEXT...

Cetta

I am really looking forward to more of your report because we will be taking my kids for the first time next year when they are about the same age as your littles just switched (DS will be 4 and DD will be just over 2) and staying at Pop! So I am hoping to get some good tips from reading your trip report! I really hope my son is tall enough to ride Dinosaur when we visit and I will make sure to bring ear plugs :)

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Part 2:
After the lion king we had a fast pass for Everest. My daughter wanted to Ride Kali River so My Dad and Brent took her on. They came off barely wet and It was our turn! My dad and Brent went on first and then I went on with my Dad. It was fun as always my daughter was sad she couldn't go on she was an inch to short. I told her next time! It was nearing park closing and we wanted to beat the traffic to the bus. While Rivers of Light started we headed out. My parents went to DTD to eat and we decided to get Pizza at the hotel. We washed up and went to bed ready for another Disney Day! Up Next: Magic Kingdom, and a making of a princess.

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
b63.jpg
Monday September 29th-
Today was an early day, my daughter had Bippity Bobbity boutique at 10 am. We ran 15 minutes late due to a broke monorail, but we got in with out a problem. She wanted to be Rapunzel. We bought her dress,shoes, and wand at the Disney Store before coming and got the package with the tutu and shirt.
b82.jpg
b81.jpg

She loved every minute of becoming a princess. Before We knew it She was Introduced as Princess Madyson
b61.jpg

b63.jpg

We left around 1130 12, and she wanted to meet some princesses so we headed over there!
b5.jpg

First up was Elena. She told her to come her in Avalor. Next up was...
b59.jpg

Cinderella, Beau couldn't take his eyes off of her.
b3.jpg

After visiting them we looked at the wait time for Rapunzel and Tiana and decided to jump in! Coming up Next!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Part 2:
Madyson ran up to her favorite princess with excitement to tell her they were Twins!
b64.jpg

She told her the story of becoming a princess and then Tiana stole her away!
b62.jpg
b65.jpg

Tiana is my second favorite so I had to get a picture too. I like to do Side by Sides since my last trip I was 60 pounds heavier.
Sadness and Joy 10/2016 vs 9/2017
0000000000000.jpg
b68.jpg

So after meeting the princesses' we headed to Mickeys Philhar Magic. Beau was sleeping so we grabbed a table out side at Pinocchio's. After they were done it was time for Peter Pan Fast passes. My son was still sleeping so we gave my Mom our bands to take Madyson on 2 times. He finally woke around 2 so we headed to Pirates. My son could not sit still on the ride. It was stressful when he boats backed up in the room with fire, keeping him seated was a mess! We survived enough to go see some Tiki Birds. We decided to get a snack and of course my choice was.
b60.jpg
Dole Whip!

We ate our goodies and went to see is JC was open. It was still closed from Irma so we went to Tomorrow land on Buzz. We were going to hit up the people mover but it was broken down. So off To COP it was! My daughter said it was her favorite show. I found that shocking but, at least if I had to ride again it's inside! After that we went to Pecos bills! I got Nachos and oh my god! With the stuff you can add at the toppings bar I was loving it! It was getting late and MK closed at 10 it was 8 o clock, so we decided to do Dumbo and little Mermaid and head out.
b35.jpg

So we said Goodbye to Magic Kingdom went back to POP, got ourselves drinks and snacks and drifted off to bed.
Up Next: Animal Kingdom!

Attachments

• b36.jpg
    b36.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 17
  • b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 28

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Tuesday September 30th-
We woke up and headed to Animal Kingdom. We had FP for Pandora, we walked in and headed toward Yak and Yeti, I had a Cheeseburger and split rice. My daughter had a hot dog and both were so amazing! I loved the Rice! We had 2 hours so we went to Affection Section. Played with the Animals then headed inside and ran into..

b56.jpg

We also ran into Doc , but I didn't take a picture. We left with just enough time to head to Pandora. We rode both rides, I loved FOP and I did like Ravi River Journey, but I do feel like its lacking some thing. After that we went to Dino Land and let the kids play before our Safari Fast pass. We seen some Irma trees.
b57.jpg

We got done playing and headed to our next FP Safari. All the animals were roaming, we actually got stuck by a rhino for a little while. It was time to head over to Asia to See the Yeti and Kali River Rapids. We went on both and then we decided to get a little snack before Rivers Of Light. I honestly cant remember where we ate. I feel like it was in Africa across for FOTLK. We split a gyro flatbread, my children split a hot dog. It was time to walk over to Rivers of light, we took the long way and stopped in Dino land . We had a FP for Rivers of Light, which was good the whole theater was packed! I thought the show was okay, my daughter and son were not interested at all, which made it hard to keep my son occupied so we ended up leaving before the show ended, got our stroller and headed out. We got back to the hotel around 9, got some drinks took baths and showers and went to bed!
Up Next : Magic Kingdom, sleepy Beau, and a Princess part 2!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Wednesday September 20th-
My Son that early bird he woke up Early so we headed to the Food Court, while I was there I got a snack and a lady was buying a cup for her daughter, she bought Pink and the daughter changed her mind to Purple, the little girl was having a tantrum the Mom ended up buying her the purple, She looked at me said she was leaving for the Air Port In an hour would you like this cup? o_Oo_Oo_O Why Yes! So I got a free Cup filled it up and went to the Park ( the cup ended up having 14 days of refills so my son got the cup!
b40.jpg

Don't Mind my hump day Camel! Any Way where was I, I found hair spray In the gift shop for 3.00 and headed back to the room, my daughter was telling me how much fun she had being a princess, I told her she can be one again, " Mom I want the same hair and everything." I said No Problem and gave her a Princess Make over..
b37.jpg

The big difference is bun placement on the head, any way we headed out for Magic Kingdom. We went in and rode the train around 2 times before walking to Pecos Bills for lunch. It was timed perfect we ate, almost immediately following the parade came.
b38.jpg
We watched through the cracks, perfect view in perfect shade! It was nearing 4 and We hit up Pirates, Tiki birds, Carpets and then took a little break.
b39.jpg

We then trekked to 7DMT, Little Mermaid and Dumbo.
b6.jpg
b41.jpg

It was time for our fast passes for HM, we headed over and as soon as we were in the room with the dancing ghosts in the ballroom, apparently it was nap time,
b42.jpg

With Little one snoozing we headed to Gaston's for a snack, I of course had,
b7.jpg

A cupcake, it was good not my favorite of the trip though. It was an hour until fireworks, we hit up buzz, our other 7DMT child swap and Tea Party. After that we got a nice little bench just on the side of the Castle. We watched the fireworks, they were beautiful as always, When they ended we went to Dinner at Cosmic Rays. I had half a chicken,kids had surprise a hot dog. We ate and headed out for the hotel . Once we were there we got drinks and drifted to bed. Up Next: Magic Kingdom and red water

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Thursday September 21st-
Today was our original day to leave, but since Irma we were staying 2 more days. We had a relaxing morning and walked around our hotel and looked at new things. We found some bent in signs in the 50s . It was cool being able to see what a Hurricane can do , but also reminded me how sad it was that people lost so much. We had 3 FP today Buzz, 7DMT, and Jungle Cruise. We walked into MK at 3 and my son was already tired.
b25.jpg

On that note they did Mickeys Phil Magic, and I waited with sleepy head. It was nearing our buzz Fp so we went on and Beau kept spinning the car, the sad thing my 1 yr old son got more points than me!
b52.jpg

I look out of it ha ha, we were getting hungry so we got a snack ate it up and headed to COP, then we headed to Jungle Cruise, I was happy it was re open but it was noticeable that it got a pretty good hit, the big one. Red water, I asked a cast member and they said Trader Sam made the water red but once I asked to seriously tell me they said the debris was so bad they had to color the water.
b51.jpg
I tried to take the best picture where you can see the water was red, it was sad because the water stained the baby elephant and looked bad, but they tried to get this up and running so Kudos to that. It was 7:30 and we went to Little Mermaid, Dumbo, and Barn Stormer. My son was tall enough he liked it! It was time to eat and we went to DTD to eat at the Polite Pig. I hated it the food was smoked I am not a fan but if you like bbq and meat you would love this place, they ate there and I ate a Sundae from Ghirardelli. Of course always amazing. Went to the World of Disney store because my daughter wanted a Rapunzel tower for Christmas. I found out the price and headed out. We went to bed pretty early, the heat was wearing on us. Up Next: Our First and only Epcot Day and Drinking!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Friday September 22nd -
Today was our one and only Epcot day, we woke up and headed out for our breakfast reservation at 1900 park fare, we were seated with in 10 minutes of checking in. The first 5 minutes came we all got our food and the characters started coming.
b54.jpg
b53.jpg
b49.jpg
b46.jpg
b43.jpg

All of came almost immediately one after another. We ate and I had some strawberry soup of course, and we headed out. We arrived late for our FP for SSE. We were delayed on the monorail because monorail peach broke down. We actually were let on which was nice. After that we headed to Figment, living with the land, and Nemo.
b48.jpg
b47.jpg

Also turtle talk with crush. My daughter was picked to ask a question and she goes "oh my god your a turtle", he told her she was "very observant." She had the adults rolling. After going on everything on that side we started our walk to the countries. Up First was.. Canada AY! We each got a steak and I got an apple wine! Delicious!! Next for me was
b34.jpg
This Kahlua Coffee, It was a bit strong! Which lead me shortly to,
b33.jpg

I'm aware of the spelling. I was feeling it pretty good. Do they always offer this drink? Because maybe ill be coming back soon ( you'll see later;) ) At this point it was 527 and my mom wanted to do the America show, my son fell asleep so we decided to get a snack and wait for the 630 show. My son woke up just in time and we headed in. I can officially cross this off my bucket list. I loved the show. I loved the story line of the brothers. .
b32.jpg

Next we went to Norway for our Frozen fast pass, we waited about 20 minutes, I actually got soaked. I'm pretty sure they just refilled it.
PART 2 COMING SOON

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
September 22nd Part 2-
b31.jpg

After Frozen It was time for another drink, sorry I look crazy ha ha it was the booze.
b11.jpg

We were getting tired and so we went to Mexico and rode the boat ride. After that we were getting sleepy and we had to check into a new hotel today, my mom wanted my step dad to sleep for driving home the next day so we had to get a different room. We found one on hotels.com for the Hilton Orlando, we checked in around 10 and got our room. The downside was we had a bunch of left overs we put in fridge and found out later the fridge was broke so we lost all our food, next downfall, I called 4 times about having a crib in the room since we were arriving late. We didn't get it , but we were heading to DTD so we requested it and went. When we came back it was still not there so I had to call again. That was annoying besides that the stay was nice. We put little man to bed and Madyson and I went to swing on a Hammock.
b30.jpg

We headed back to the room and watched some tv,
b28.jpg

We went to bed so we could be up early for our last Magic Kingdom day!
Up next: our last day & magic kingdom

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Saturday September 23rd-
We set an alarm because this was our last Disney Day, we stayed up till 3 am the day before so waking up was so hard. We were contemplating taking the bus there but it runs every 45 minutes, we dropped off our bags at bell hop and called an Uber, It was 12 dollars from the Hilton to Contemporary. We ate lunch at the Contemporary and headed to the Park! We got on the monorail to go to the park for
the last time.

b26.jpg

Once we walked in we felt the weekend crowds, it was packed! We had gotten 5 fast passes and it was time to use the first one.
b12.jpg

Magic Carpets, after that we went to the Tiki Room, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise. At this point Beau was falling asleep so we walked over to Frontier land, we used our second fast pass.
b24.jpg

We did child swap. Once we got on it started to POUR while we were on. The rain lasted the length of the ride and cleared up by the time we were off. It was a nice little cool down and the boys were in a store so they didn't get wet at all! Since we were over there we took 2 laps around on the Train. Once we were done they stopped at fantasy land and got off. I promised Madyson at the beginning of the trip I would let her play in Dumbo so we went to the Dumbo Play land for 45 minutes. Beau was waking up so we left and headed to Little Mermaid.
b21.jpg
b23.jpg

This picture yep we got stuck here for a solid 10 minutes and it was under a vent I was freezing! It was 4 pm and we had to be walking out of the park at 5 to make our flight so we decided to go on 2 more rides. Winnie the Pooh and 7dmt won ! We had FP for both and walked out at 5 on the dot.
b20.jpg

I simply couldn't smile I was to sad, once at Contemporary we called another uber to take us to the Hilton and then to the airport, the whole trip was 23.00 with out tip. We got to the airport, which was a dang zoo. We always let the kids pick out a toy at one of the Disney or Sea World stores and they are allowed to open it while waiting and once on the plane. Madyson got a princess set, Beau got a football. TSA's made it very hard to take snacks on the plane making me open bags etc. One we got through the security we got some dinner. I had a version of Panda Express, everyone else had McDonalds. I had my last Disney snack while still In Florida.
b18.jpg

From Pop Century, so good taste like Wolf Gang brownie. Well from there we got onto our southwest flight. We ended up sitting in the first row, I enjoyed the space for Beau to sit on the floor with his Tablet. We arrived in Chicago at 11 pm and refused to take this beauty off,
b22.jpg

Well the kids were not even tired after that day I don't know how they weren't.

b8.jpg

We got home around midnight and as I was laying down I just thought, "this is the beginning of the Future." THE END
While we were there we booked a bounce back for free dining May 2018 with Myself, the kids my best friend Jeff and his daughter Haylee! 10 DAYS at POP with sit down dining :) See you real soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom