Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Princess 10K (and other adventures) !

Hello everyone! We got back from Disney World yesterday and it is very cold here (and slightly depressing) so I am going to start my trip report right away!

Who?
The usuals - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan) - some people refer to us as the M and M's :)

Where?
Wilderness Lodge :)

When?
February 22 - 27, 2019

Why?
Well - as the title implies we went down for the Princess 10K! It was originally supposed to be both of my sisters and us but for various reasons it ended up being just the two of us :)

Day 1 February 22, 2019
Since our flight was scheduled for very early in the morning my Mom and I decided to stay at a hotel across the street from the airport. We did this once before thinking it was a good idea and again it was not. Any sleep we hoped to save by staying closer was lost due to horrible beds and loud other guests :oops:
In any case, we dragged ourselves out of bed at 3:30 AM and got ready for the airport. The breakfast at the hotel did open at 4 AM so we checked it out but there was nothing good so decided to just head on over to the airport.
We look super duper awake...

Anyway, at the airport we had some bagels then headed to our gate.
(oops sorry accidentally hit post before finishing this post)

About 10 minutes before we were supposed to board we noticed that the time for our departure changed by like 15 minutes. I did not think much of it until they made an announcement that all the computers systemwide at Southwest went down and they could not tell us when we would actually leave and could not board because they could not get a accurate weight of the plane without the computer.

I was beyond frustrated at this point as we have had many issues in the last several months with Southwest and delayed flights. Overall we were only delayed by an hour but it was still pretty annoying. This is also like the third time in two months that Southwest's computers went down . It actually happened the night before too and they canceled over 400 flights due to this and/or weather. The flight attendants more than made up for it though with their charm and witty jokes (one especially good one about Tom Brady which naturally an entire plane of Buffalo people loved).
Anyway, our flight was fairly fast which was good. I think we watched a bit of Netflix :)

FONORAIL!

Then, the usual picture...(don't worry we did not travel from freezing Buffalo in shorts we changed in the airport to help save some/aka make up some time).

Next up: some Expo fun

Last edited:

Skibum1970

Excellent pictures. I could use several as screen shots, especially those of Wilderness Lodge. It is one of the most photogenic resorts at Disney, in my opinion. Thank you for posting all of them and looking forward to the remainder.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Finally caught up and really enjoying your trip report, can't wait to read more!

Thank you for reading!!!

Excellent pictures. I could use several as screen shots, especially those of Wilderness Lodge. It is one of the most photogenic resorts at Disney, in my opinion. Thank you for posting all of them and looking forward to the remainder.

Aww thank you thats very kind of you to say!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued

Apparently we did not get a photo on Everest :rolleyes:.
We headed over to Africa after this!

After wandering around (we actually did some shopping as well) we headed to Kilimanjaro Safari.

Hey a jansport backpack like we have!

I took mostly photos of giraffes apparently

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued

After our Safari we headed over to Flame Tree BBQ. We haven't actually eaten there in forever so we were excited to go back. So excited that I over ordered a ton of food on mobile order :joyfull: I always run into this problem with mobile order because it suggests things and I'm like sure what's a little more food ? :hilarious:
While we waited for our food we watched this dance party across the way

Who is this bear? I was obsessed with him - he was so fun to watch!

Anyway, back to the massive amounts of food I ordered
Onion rings...

Chicken and rib combo (ribs are hidden under the chicken)

regular fries (for my Mom)

And pulled pork fries for me (everyone always talks about them I had to try them!)

It was all delicious but we barely made a dent 🤪
Why oh why did I order so much food? :hilarious:

krisri18

Day 5 continued
View attachment 358916
View attachment 358917
After our Safari we headed over to Flame Tree BBQ. We haven't actually eaten there in forever so we were excited to go back. So excited that I over ordered a ton of food on mobile order :joyfull: I always run into this problem with mobile order because it suggests things and I'm like sure what's a little more food ? :hilarious:
View attachment 358919
View attachment 358920
View attachment 358921
View attachment 358922
Onion rings...
View attachment 358923
View attachment 358924
View attachment 358925
And pulled pork fries for me (everyone always talks about them I had to try them!)
View attachment 358926

If I had to guess,I'd say that bear is Koda from Brother Bear.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
After our lunch we headed over to Dinoland - we really wanted to see what Donald's Dino Bash was all about!

We decided to meet some character first so we started with Daisy

Then we met Chip and Dale. Chip told me he was a real dinosaur but Dale told my Mom they made their own costumes :joyfull:

After Chip and Dale we wandered over to Dinosaur. We considered using a bonus FP for this but the wait was like 15 minutes so we just went standby.

Apparently we did not get this ride photo either :p

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued

We were going to head out but then we remembered Scrooge McDuck was also at Donald's Dino Bash so we waited for him. He was actually the longest line we waited in all day because he took a break before we met him :)

After Scrooge we headed out of Animal Kingdom - PP picture along the way...

Goodbye AK!

Back at the WL apparently I got a treat...

We did a bit of packing (😢) the headed down to the boat dock to head to MK
I took a few photos

Next up: MK!

susan lees

Day 5 continued
View attachment 358916
View attachment 358917
View attachment 358919
View attachment 358920
View attachment 358921
View attachment 358922
Onion rings...
View attachment 358923
View attachment 358924
View attachment 358925
View attachment 358926

We found the pulled pork fries were a meal in themselves. We only get them now for lunch as we have wasted so much food previously.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I can't believe we were both at the same resort for Princess. Well, technically, I was in Copper Creek. But we rode on the same bus to the race. 😊

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Me too! Yesterday I was listening to a podcast that had on Rudy Novotny who is a race announcer for some of the Disney races - when he said they pick him up from his hotel at around 1:00 in the morning for him to start the sound checks, etc for the races, my 3:00 am wake up for a couple of last year’s marathon weekend races didn’t seem as bad 😉

3AM? I'm up before that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom