The Post-Covid Crowd Rush... Is WDW Ready?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Examples? Anything as bad as what’s happened at DL yet?

The dining plan...double its price

My “magic” + - ride rationing in essence - and the increase in tickets to get that rationing

DVC tripling it’s price

Annual passes now close to triple

Hotels double...

Reduced menu qualities, double prices

Reduced merch variety

Upsells...in the case of Christmas and Halloween parties tripling those prices

Reduced hours to feed those upsells

...in 15 to 20 years. All of it.

Just off the top of my head.

Miru

The dining plan...double its price

My “magic” + - ride rationing in essence - and the increase in tickets to get that rationing

DVC tripling it’s price

Annual passes now close to triple

Hotels double...

Reduced menu qualities, double prices

Reduced merch variety

Upsells...in the case of Christmas and Halloween parties tripling those prices

Reduced hours to feed those upsells

...in 15 to 20 years. All of it.

Just off the top of my head.
But unlike now, there were at least positives (quality new attractions and such) to balance out these. Up until very recently. Around the loss of DisneyQuest, I think.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But unlike now, there were at least positives (quality new attractions and such) to balance out these.

Iger stagnated for almost 10 years...and built when the normal increase in traffic (20-25% over ten years) had eaten away at the overbuild Eisner did by 1999...and they had a real competitor for the first time...

What they have built for 10 years is just catchup...and they won’t for 10 and the parks will slide under the increase in volume if the normal pattern resumes. 60,000,000 visitors will absolutely suck there...and they know it.

Miru

Iger stagnated for almost 10 years...and built when the normal increase in traffic (20-25% over ten years) had eaten away at the overbuild Eisner did by 1999...and they had a real competitor for the first time...

What they have built for 10 years is just catchup...and they won’t for 10 and the parks will slide under the increase in volume if the normal pattern resumes. 60,000,000 visitors will absolutely suck there...and they know it.
Yeah; there wasn’t much between EE and SDMT. And even SDMT replaced a prior ride. We need a true fifth gate, even if it’s as bad as original DCA and current Studios Paris.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah; there wasn’t much between EE and SDMT.

Nothing was really built between RnRC and the opening of “new fantasyland”...which also wasn’t much.

They added Everest out of desperation (park was lagging and Eisner only greenlit it after the FIRST attempt at stock coup by Roy) and the soarin clone.

And what they have done to mgm is not going to change much. I was at Abrams edge in Disneyland and have been to toy story a few times...gotta say mgm still feels like little brother.

Epcot is a mess...it’s gonna be a mess because they’ve pulled back. Rat and guardians isn’t enough.

Pandora is fantastic...but when’s the next time they get a dime?

Tron good add but magic kingdom is long overun

And now we get recession...it’s not really an option to spend now. Stock lords won’t allow it.

Here
We
Are

Trackmaster

Yeah; there wasn’t much between EE and SDMT. And even SDMT replaced a prior ride. We need a true fifth gate, even if it’s as bad as original DCA and current Studios Paris.

Yeah, it would be nice if they just expanded their four gates, but when you look at the parks on Google Maps, it does kind of look like the land around the parks are taken up for other purposes, so it may be a little hard to expand there. So they might just need to grab some of the unused land if they really wanted to expand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom