The Polynesian Resort Lobby Closes in March 2014 for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnchantedMouse

Original Poster
Dear all,

A few weeks ago, rumors began circulating that the lobby of Disney’s Polynesian Resort would be forever changed from the look it has now, one it has sported since it opened back in 1971. The huge water feature and somewhat of a mildew smell in the lobby have been staples of Walt Disney World for almost 43 years, but starting next month, it will be erased.

The project is part of a remodeling of the entire resort taking place between now and the opening of the Disney Vacation Club wing of the resort that will open in 2015. The Wyland Gallery downstairs in the Great Ceremonial House has already closed to make way for expanded dining options (which may include a new restaurant, expanded Captain Cook’s, and maybe even a Dole Whip bar depending on who you ask). The Captain Cook’s counter service restaurant is also set to be closed from March until June of 2014 for major modifications. The Neverland Club, which closed a few weeks ago will reopen in late-April, may re-open as a new food service location as well.

The lobby will be the latest victim, currently slated to go behind work walls sometime in March. in area desks should resemble the podiums at Art of Animation where cast members can walk out from behind them to easily assist guests.

Polywaterfall.jpg

- EnchantedMouse

PREMiERdrum

I understand the whole "it's not a museum" thing, but I hate the fact that my wife and kids will never get to experience staying in the original iteration of the Polynesian Village resort...

...unless I can call and try to get a sweetheart deal on our April trip due to the "inconveniences" at the Poly. I'd gladly take one of those empty rooms off their hands, rather than the AoA room we have booked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom