Trip Report The please convert my boyfriend TR

Finally! My very first TR! Been waiting a yr for this. Since joining this forum I am amazed at all Ive learned. You would think Ive never been to Disney. I have heard people talk about the music, smells, food etc...So thanks to you all this is going to be the most magical trip yet. It is going to be about firsts and noticing the little stuff and finding the gems in the world.

Things I plan on seeing, doing or eating for the first time are, MK opening ceremony, ride the train, tomorrow land people mover, fountain of nations, tom sawyer island, nutella waffle, tonga toast, butterfinger cupcake.

Who is going. My name is Gina. I have been a hairstylist for 27 yrs in Charlotte NC. At 46 yrs old I am the child in the family. (literally. only child, no kids myself). My first trip to Disney I was in my 20's and the Disney bug has only gotten stronger.

My boyfriend of 3 yrs John. He is the adventurer, thrill seeker, world traveler. He is not a believer in the magic like I am but Im hoping he will be converted. Ive been sending him youtube clips, music, movies to prepare him for the trip. This will be his birthday month and he has no idea the attention he will get.

Headin out tomorrow and will be in touch.
IMG_0255.JPG

ginadee

Original Poster
Good luck, and I assume that your next trip together will be his choice?
Actually they are all his choice. This one is finally for me. Lol...JK, he just does alot of trips and I have to work so he was as excited for this as well. Hes just not the fanatic like me.

Longers

Have a wonderful time - That's what I love about Disney - you are never too old. I have no children either but my husband and I just racked up 250 nights and days in Disney (17 trips from the UK so far!) And this was the first year I managed to get him in Disney ears! - we've only been home a week and I already want to go back so I will look forward to your trip report and photos to help me re live the memories through you. Enjoy yourselves

ginadee

Original Poster
Early flight. Cannot believe I woke up feeling stuffy like a cold. Got to airport and felt sick. Got on plane and didnt think I slept but then heard we were in Orlando. Fastest flight ever. Got up feeling completely fine and refreshed. Just lack of sleep lately I think.

Thank goodness we had our bands with us beacause we needed them for magical express. Good thing since John was dying to put his on.

Arrive at POP around 10am. Room is ready. Woohoo! Walked around, took a few pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Love the Orlando airport

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I think hes happy to be here

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ginadee

Original Poster
Forgot to say that John got his birthday pin and a birthday message on the phone when we got in the room. Very cute.

So we headed to DTD. Im starving. Used our first meal on the dining plan. Have the dining plan for the first time. Free! Ate QS at Wolfgang Puck Express. It was great. The creme brulee and cheesecake were fantastic. Enjoyed the atmosphere of DTD and got my favorite treat. White chocolate covered marshmellows dipped in oreo.

Didnt eat at TRex but walked thru to check it out. Very cool. Took some pics.

Now having a little down time before going to dinner.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Never make a trip without this.
image.jpg

ginadee

Original Poster
Time to go to whispering canyon for dinner. Aparantly there was an issue with the MK bus. We saw all park buses 3-4 times and waited 45 min for MK bus.

We just made it to our ADR. WL is an amazing place. From what Ive read about WC it was alot different than what I expected. Not to crazy and pretty subdued. A great atmosphere looking at the tree in the lobby. John loved the food, I loved the cheesecake. Their shakes were considered drinks on the meal plan. John had 2.

Catching the boat back to MK we ran into @coachwnh. I recognized them from their pics. What a great family. All 4 look just alike.

We were able to see the fireworks on the boatride back. What a great ending to a great day. We start the parks tomorrow.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is the cheesecake. It was awesome!

image.jpg
image.jpg

ginadee

Original Poster
Day 2- Our first day in the parks. Pretty chilly and cloudy today but felt good and no rain. We got a snack breakfast at the foodcourt then Headed to my favorite park AK. We did an easy stroll through just wandering wherever we wanted. It felt great to take in all the sights, get some good pics.

The first thing we did was the tree. Its Tough To Be A Bug gets me every time. The safari was great. All the animals were out and active.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ginadee

Original Poster
Lunch was at Restaurantasaurus. I cant decide if our food looks great or disgusting but it was gooood. Then we headed to FOTLK. My absolute favorite attraction.

We stopped to watch a bongo band getting started. John had walked away for a moment while I was standing there waiting for the band. The lead guy was getting people going and spoke to me. As John is walking back to me the guy noticed his bday pin and and says to me "hey you know its Johns bday". Not having any idea we are together. I say really, and John says nice to meet you and puts me in a dip and lays a liplock on me. Guy freaked out. Pretty funny. So of course he gets him back by having John do a little dance with the group. Hes always up for participating. As you can see I got my turn too.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ginadee

Original Poster
We happened to be walking past Adventurers Outpost. So glad John wanted to see what it was because I was just going to keep walking. Its where Mickey and Minnie were. What a great experience. You got your own private time with them and they were very interactive. Alot of fun.

Last but not least Everest! I had already decided I was going to try not to do it and so glad John insisted. The best coaster ever. I love it!

We did a little shopping then sat down for the parade. A great way to end our day at the park. AK was awesome today.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ginadee

Original Poster
Had a little down time before dinner. Not hungry at all. The dining plan is so much food. Have adr for 1900 Park Fare. It was alot of fun. We really liked the food and the step sisters were great. The stepmother was not there.

After dinner we took the monorail to the Contemporary and watched the fireworks from the observation deck. Again, a great ending to a great day.

Im absolutely exhausted. I usually dont relate vacation to waking up earlier than you do at home and falling asleep every night on the ride back but not so with Disney. Ready to crash now and do it again tomorrow.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ginadee

Original Poster
Day 3- It is insane how exhausted I am. No TR tonight. I will post one thing tho. The Osbourne Lights. Holy Cow! AMAZING! Wasnt expecting that. Soooo festive with so many lights, the music and snow! We loved it. I could have sat there all night. Will post about the rest of the day tomorrow. Must go to bed.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ginadee

Original Poster
Ok, now that Im feeling refreshed here is the rest of day 3.

I knew there was going to be no down time later so we got up just a little bit later than usual. Grabbed our snack breakfast and headed to HS. This was butterfinger cupcake day!

Walking in to HS I immediately remembered why this was always my favorite park. Just love the Hollywood streets and buildings.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Our first stop was The Great Movie Ride. Always a fave of mine.
image.jpg

Then my most favorite is Beauty and the Beast
image.jpg

Now Ive heard some people dont like Idol but I could have sat there all day. We had 3 really good singers.
Finally got into Toy Story Mania. It took me awhile to get the hang at first so I was waaay behind in the game but I KiLLed it in the bonus round and beat him by 3000 ppoints.
image.jpg

We had lunch at ABC Commisary. Very nice inside and had a special holiday cupcake as dessert.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom