The Phantom of the Opera news!

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera is now the longest running show on Broadway, surpassing Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats.

Congratulations, Mr. Webber, you've outdone yourself- literally!:sohappy:

rainfully

The first show I ever saw in New York... and the show I've seem most often. I am just absolutely in love with this show.

Thanks for the news! :)

DisneyFreak529

I'm going to see it on February 4th!!
My husband is taking as a bday present & were double dating with my best friend and her boy friend. I'm so excited!!!

dandaman

POTO is my sister's favourite thing... probably ever. :lol:

Joe, didn't your dad (or other family member) have a walk-on role?

Number_6

I got to see the travelling production when it came to Boston years ago. I had gotten the tickets as a birthday present that year. I have to say, I really enjoyed it alot. I'll probably see it again someday, but it's going to be a little while.

Rcoaster809

I've been following this news for a little while now. Phantom is my favorite Broadway show (4 times and counting!) I think it deserves this, and I hope it continues for many years.

barnum42

dandaman said:
Joe, didn't your dad (or other family member) have a walk-on role?
Correct - he did quite a few days on the movie, but sadly his couple of featured bits did not make it to the final film.

However, with freeze frame there is a good shot of him in the audience after Christine's first performance, he pops up a lot in Masquerade and can say he was there, even if just a fast moving dot, when they did the fall of the chandelier. He was actually in the first row behind the stunt men!

I really must get around to making some screen grabs. In the meantime, here is a shot of him getting ready to go on set.

yera4p.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom