The parks while Boozin'

Kramerica

Original Poster
Mods, If this topic isn't okay, please delete and sorry about that.

When me and my friends hit the parks, it's always part of the experience for us to hit downtown Disney or DCA for some drinks before hitting the parks. It got me thinking, does this genuinely improve the experience, or is it a sad sign of the times that drinking seems to get involved with everything? Or maybe do you just think that drinking numbs you to the awesome place that you're experiencing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If the only way you can have a good time, especially at Disney, is to have a drink that is indeed sad. I do enjoy some beverages at the Disney parks and have even done drink around the world at Epcot but if I don't have alcohol, which is more often the case I can still have a good time. Although the older I get the less likely I am to drink, in my 20's though....;)

westie

I drank myself sober at Epcot. (challenge excepted!) But normally I try to stay away as bathroom breaks take up too much time. That being said, I don't mind a few Hoppageddons at the lounge at DCARS at the end of my day.

SSG

A story I often tell: Me and my brother-in-law were in DCA. We decided to ditch his kids and hit single rider for RSR. On the way we stopped at the beer truck on the Wharf and got a couple of brews. We get in the single rider line, sipping our beers. In the next line over, we see the definition of a defeated Dad. His kids were cranky and arguing; the wife was yelling at them and sniping at him, and he looked ready to pack it in. He glances over and sees us with our beers. "Hey, you're allowed to drink in line?" he asks. "Sure, you can wander DCA with your drink, no problem", and I told him where we got the beer. He heads out of line saying "this trip just got a heck of lot better."

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that beer, for lack of a better word, is good. Beer is right, beer works. Beer clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

dweezil78

A story I often tell: Me and my brother-in-law were in DCA. We decided to ditch his kids and hit single rider for RSR. On the way we stopped at the beer truck on the Wharf and got a couple of brews. We get in the single rider line, sipping our beers. In the next line over, we see the definition of a defeated Dad. His kids were cranky and arguing; the wife was yelling at them and sniping at him, and he looked ready to pack it in. He glances over and sees us with our beers. "Hey, you're allowed to drink in line?" he asks. "Sure, you can wander DCA with your drink, no problem", and I told him where we got the beer. He heads out of line saying "this trip just got a heck of lot better."

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that beer, for lack of a better word, is good. Beer is right, beer works. Beer clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Amen. I had to sit on the curb and entertain my 5 yr old for an hour last night waiting for PTN to start. You can bet I grabbed a nice cold beer before starting that fun adventure!!!

Do I need alcohol to have a fun time at Disney? Of course not. Especially if I'm there for rope drop and doing an early day there, it's the last thing on my mind. But when the sun starts to set and the lights come on, the mood changes a bit and having a drink can certainly add a little extra to the evening.

Phroobar

And we wonder why the divorce rate has risen so much since 1955.

Tony the Tigger

Mods, If this topic isn't okay, please delete and sorry about that.

When me and my friends hit the parks, it's always part of the experience for us to hit downtown Disney or DCA for some drinks before hitting the parks. It got me thinking, does this genuinely improve the experience, or is it a sad sign of the times that drinking seems to get involved with everything? Or maybe do you just think that drinking numbs you to the awesome place that you're experiencing.

Disney sober is a great experience.

Disney with a magical buzz is a different great experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom