The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

Herbie

I actually kind of hope they don't change the name. I doubt they'll find a most appropriate alternative, and there really is nothing terribly wrong with Hollywood Studios, as long as the Hollywood section stays (please... I don't want GMR to eventually feel out-of-place) and as long as output from acquired studios is represented. It doesn't have to be a working studio, and "Adventure"-anything just sounds like a cheap knock-off of IoA.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
There is nothing to argue with in this particular case. You left yourself open to such a silly offhand comment. But hey to the above whatever makes you sleep at night.

Just in case you didn't know Universal rents out its back lots to enable other Studios to shoot there, same with all Hollywood companies - such as PoTC partially filmed at Unis back lots - or T-rex chase from JP filmed at Warner Bros lots. Therefore having different movie studios IPs represented is actually fairly well themed and shows the variety that Universal can attract to use its services.

Unlike Disney which touts a Magical Kingdom with its overflowing trash cans and unclean toilets and unkempt attractions ...

There is this thing called a "sense of humor." Nothing I said should have been taken literally to begin with. You're like that giant ball of negative energy flowing through these threads. You always feel the need to one-up everyone, even the little sarcastic posts such as mine. Are you really doing a serious argument over this? I'm just trying to explain the joke here. Theme parks are inconsistent with some of their theming. Like E.P.C.O.T. "UNIVERSAL Studios" ...
tumblr_n5lpl4Tydg1s7jm3go2_500.gif

tumblr_n5lpl4Tydg1s7jm3go3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n5lpl4Tydg1s7jm3go4_r1_500.gif

WelshBatman

You forgot the infamous adventures of "Florida Man".

can you imagine someone building "Florida man.. the ride".

I love Florida Man... but how on Earth could that be a ride... I mean you'd need a real journey into imagination there. Even Figment would be like "I'm out."

Still, you could make a series of Florida Man adventures all over the parks and resorts. Might not be family friendly though.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I love Florida Man... but how on Earth could that be a ride... I mean you'd need a real journey into imagination there. Even Figment would be like "I'm out."

The same way Disney was able to slap Ellen and a Jeapordy Game show onto a 45 minute ride about energy. :p

Goofyernmost

There doesn't have to be. It's just a theme park located in Florida and can therefore be called "Disney's Florida Adventure." Much like how EPCOT can be known as an "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow" without really being any of that. ;)

EDIT: Also kind of like how Universal Studios literally calls their theme park Universal Studios without half of the attractions being actual Universal Studios owned names.
That's because they don't have a large group of "retentive" fans that expect that every 'T' be crossed and every 'i' doted. They can get away with so much more because even though their attractions, as a whole, are better themed then Disney's, they are not obligated to have only theme related items bunched together into lands and whatnot. They do have some, but no one expects absolute perfection from them and can happily see around it and still enjoy the experience.

As far as Epcot goes... When it was EPCOT that was the theme. As soon as they called it Epcot it became a name of the park and not it's mission. They could have changed the name to something else, but, since not all that much has changed in the park, it would have been silly to lose an established recognizable name for something new. People just have to get over the fact that it isn't what it's original meaning was anymore. EPCOT = acronym, Epcot = The name of a park at WDW. The name sounds exactly the same but, it represents something totally different. @WondersOfLife

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I believe the ignore function was specifically created for @ford91exploder.
Nah, he's actually pretty entertaining and occasionally even right (but don't tell him I said that;)). He has a unique perspective that happens to skew extremely to one side (the negative one), but never in a disrespectful way towards others here....unless maybe you are Bob Iger;)

I don't really use ignore because I like hearing all sides to an issue, even if they are extreme or sometimes crazy.

Cesar R M

Still, you could make a series of Florida Man adventures all over the parks and resorts. Might not be family friendly though.
Definitively an adults only adventure that would have nudity, rude language, misfiring a gun at some body part and misholding a random animal. :hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom