the original jungle cruise with King Louie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjlc57

Original Poster
I know that I am dating my self.. but does anyone have any video or photos of the original jungle cruise with King Louie and the walls and or ceiling that collapses into the river?

or is poster here old enough to remember this on the original cruise?

I am sure that some of you think that I am totally nuts, but I remember that the Jungle cruise had this effect at one point in time..

help out an old man here.

SirGoofy

I know that I am dating my self.. but does anyone have any video or photos of the original jungle cruise with King Louie and the walls and or ceiling that collapses into the river?

or is poster here old enough to remember this on the original cruise?

I am sure that some of you think that I am totally nuts, but I remember that the Jungle cruise had this effect at one point in time..

help out an old man here.

Sorry, but that never happened.:wave:

007mickey

Really?!? I have never heard that one before. Somebody will definitely give you a answer on this one. If this is true, I've got to see a picture.

wdwfan100

I did not start visiting WDW till 1978. I do not remember it being a part of the ride then. Still something just rings true about this. Though if JC did have these effects, I can't see why they would not still have the effects going, or turn them on from time to time for varieties sake. I guess the best I can say is I don't know. Sorry not much help.

bjlc57

Original Poster
sorry but I rode the ride..

Sorry kids.. but I rode the ride.. in 1971.. and I was 14 years old.

IT DID HAPPEN. just because you weren't there does not make it so.

King Louie was part of the Makong river. and they played the music and the discussion was that he wanted to join our boat.. and as you went through the tunnel, the "rocks" came down from the ceiling.

SirGoofy

Sorry kids.. but I rode the ride.. in 1971.. and I was 14 years old.

IT DID HAPPEN. just because you weren't there does not make it so.

King Louie was part of the Makong river. and they played the music and the discussion was that he wanted to join our boat.. and as you went through the tunnel, the "rocks" came down from the ceiling.

This is my last post on the matter.

It didn't happen. You can "remember" all you want. King Louie has never been, and hopefully will never be, part of the Jungle Cruise.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This was brought up a while back.... I`m afraid it didn`t happen. At least you're not the only one to have thought it.

bjlc57

Original Poster
just remember,

just because You have never seen it at WDW it doesn't mean that it DID NOT HAPPEN. there are tons of things that no long exist at WDW, but that doesn't mean that they were never there.

tons of things. and effects.

please do not turn this into an argument.

this is a discussion forum and not for an "IN MY OPINION" type of situation.

do anyone of you remember the giant tree at the opening of the park? from what I understand, it was the only tree that had no "replacement" match.

it was before you walked under the railroad station.

See, I remember the giant tree.. that's how far back I go with WDW.

SirGoofy

This was brought up a while back.... I`m afraid it didn`t happen. At least you're not the only one to have thought it.

Thanks for the backup, Martin.

just because You have never seen it at WDW it doesn't mean that it DID NOT HAPPEN. there are tons of things that no long exist at WDW, but that doesn't mean that they were never there.

tons of things. and effects.

please do not turn this into an argument.

this is a discussion forum and not for an "IN MY OPINION" type of situation.

do anyone of you remember the giant tree at the opening of the park? from what I understand, it was the only tree that had no "replacement" match.

it was before you walked under the railroad station.

See, I remember the giant tree.. that's how far back I go with WDW.

:lol:

Seriously, it never happened. I can understand that you went to WDW in '71, but that effect was never part of the Jungle Cruise.

bjlc57

Original Poster

if some one else brought it up, and now I brought it up, maybe, your information on the subject is not correct.

it can't be a figment of two peoples imagination at once. not even when dealing with Disney.

Lee

Adventurer
Memory is a funny thing, huh?
I first rode the JC in 1972, then again in '74, '75, etc.
King Louie was never part of the Jungle Cruise.
The roof of the Cambodian temple has never had any sort of simulated "falling" effect.
This is not a matter of opinion, it is simply fact.:wave:

Wonder why you can't find any photos or video? Wonder why you won't be able to find any mention of it at all on Google?
Didn't happen. Sorry.:)

The nearest Louie ever came to Jungle was this:
fct_72325cd2471908d.jpg

I_heart_Tigger

I rode it for the first time in Feb of '72 and I loved it but there was no reference at all to The Jungle Book then. I have some photos around somewhere but I don't know if I have the area that you're talking about. If King Louie was there it must have been very short lived, he's my favorite, I wish I had seen him on the ride!

From what I recall the ride was based on one of Disney's Tru-life Adventures and the movie "The African Queen" not the Jungle Book.

I understand, though that Disney is planning a movie based on the ride. Also called the Jungle Cruise, it's about a group of explorers searching for a cure for a disease (not sure which one...swine flu, maybe :) )

I just wonder if it will be closer to the success of Pirates trilogy or The Haunted Mansion :shrug:

bjlc57

Original Poster
well Lee..

Lee, I honestly respect you.. Highly..

But, and its a big but.. I can tell you where King Louie is sitting and then you make a right turn into the tunnel.. and the ceiling starts to " fall in"...

and again. just because there is no "proof" doesn't mean it did not exist.

think about this The jungle cruise has been evolving since Disneyland opened.

Do you have video of the original jungle cruise from Disneyland? not a lot do.. But some where there is an archive that has it all .

and I am saying this with all respect.

no I don't have my mom's photos of WDW.. or do I have access to my old super 8's at this time either. but that does not mean that things like this, were not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom