The Original Disney World McDonalds

TheOrangeBird01

Original Poster
Does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the original Disney World McDonalds? I've looked everywhere on the internet, but I can only find a few of the outside. I seem to remember a big McDonaldland mural somewhere but this could just be my imagination. Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Amidala

I found a picture of McDonalds cup lamps in an old photo album. I'm not sure where in WDW this was (I was very young at the time) but I'm thinking Downtown Disney? This was from around 1999.

No pictures of a mural, though!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 181

TheOrangeBird01

Original Poster
I found a picture of McDonalds cup lamps in an old photo album. I'm not sure where in WDW this was (I was very young at the time) but I'm thinking Downtown Disney? This was from around 1999.

No pictures of a mural, though!
Thanks for looking and that's really cool! I think if the mural was real it might have been at the location near the All Star Resorts.

TheOrangeBird01

Original Poster

GVentola

There also was a McDonald's at Downtown Disney Marketplace, near the Lego store. Totally overpriced and nothing memorable about the décor.

Bronson55

There also was a McDonald's at Downtown Disney Marketplace, near the Lego store. Totally overpriced and nothing memorable about the décor.
You are right. The downtown Disney Marketplace McDonalds next to Lego was an ordinary McDonalds with prices doubled. Never ate there. I believe when it was closed a Pollo Compareo chicken and burger establishment took it,s place. Closed in 2014 I believe when Disney Springs work began.MD.jpg pollocampero0ww.jpg mcdtdwdw_interiorart2010ww.jpg o (1).jpg

yaksplat

I didn't realize that McDonald's was there so long. I had a large gap in my Disney trips from 1992 to 2008. The cart was there in 2008 and then gone by my next trip.

FettFan

Yes! That's the one I'm looking for but inside :)

Yes I have, but thank you. The Downtown Disney location seems to be the only one with full interior pictures.

Strange that I cannot find any either.
There are only a couple of distinct things I remember....In keeping with the exterior characters, it was all very cartoonish and bright, from the black-and white tile to the red vinyl seats. I remember thinking it looked like Pee Wee Herman's house.
peewee.jpg

It had a television wall that would play classic Disney shorts, and unlike every other McDonalds where the condiment dispensers are simple hand pumps, they used the compressed-air condiment dispensers found at all the counter service places in the parks.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom