Trip Report THE ONE WITH THE FRIENDS IN FEBRUARY; Feb 16-23, 2019 *COMPLETE*

Hi all. Just returned from our February break trip and I can’t wait to share it with you!
First things first.....

THE WHO:
We have some friends we go away with every other February break.
In 2017 we did a Royal Caribbean cruise:

In 2015 we stayed in a grand villa at AKL:

And in 2013 we did the Disney Dream:

Sorry, no matching shirts. We were still feeling each other out😎

So who do we have?
( @Rista1313 pay attention!)

Me
Husband-Ant
Son-AJ, 15
Son-Dre, 13
We have another son, X, who was at school and did not come with us but makes a guest appearance, or two❤️

Our friends
J tall bald and male
L short blond and fun
3 out of their 4 kids
Son-T, 17
Son-R, 13
Daughter-H, 12
Their oldest is away at college.

THE WHERE
We stayed in the Saratoga Springs Treehouse villas. Love them!!! More later!

I think that is all you need to know for now.

2019!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 7/ Feb 23

The night before, while eating my ample hills I made room on my camera, er, phone.

We woke up late! 7:30! It was ok though.

We headed to AK. The boys needed more sleep. They were really being butte heads.
I have never seen Devine in person. What a treat! See what happens when you oversleep!

It was about this time I had it with my boys. Yeah I know, we werent even in the park yet. They wanted nothing to do with it. Mom, we are just going to complain and ruin your day.

Aaaah! Go! Leave!!!

They left.

Where are those cinnamon rolls?
(At least I didnt go searching for alcohol.)
Ant and I had the best cinnamon roll of the trip. It was mickey shaped and fluffy and gooey and yummy. No pix because I pulled off an ear before it was even paid for and shoved it in my mouth.

Then we took a walk. A walk on the Gorilla falls trail.

Thats how I felt but my mood was improving. Best decision of the trip to let them leave. Best.

We then had a FoP FP. There was no preshow. We all stood on our numbers in silence. Finally I asked the people next to us if they had been on the ride before. Turns out Ant and I were the only two in the room who had rode previously. I explained how there was usually a pre show and that they should complain and go on again because it really adds to the experience. Me? I didnt care.

I did not hear anyone complain upon exiting. The ride kinda makes you forget everything else, it is that good.

Lion king was next. The younger male singer was not great. The rest of the cast was amazing.

Then it was safari time.

This was the only picture I took. I think I was being conservative because I didnt know how much camera space I had to work with.

Lunch time at Satuli canteen. This time I went with the noodles, chicken and charred onion dressing.

The dressing was a mistake. I like raw onion but it doesnt like me. Also, I preferred the potato hash.

Ant had potato hash, beef and the charred onion dressing.

After lunch we had an EE FP. We passed these guys and they were cracking me up. One guy fished a big branch out if the moat. The other guy tried to steal it. It reminded me of my boys. The first guy took his branch and ran away leaving this guy to fish for leaves.

The most perfect Trikonasana ever!

Success!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 7/Feb 23 cont

oops forgot to post this

EE was fun as always.

I was doing the forbidden hand movement from earlier in the trip.

After this Ant left to go pick up a rental car from the car care center. We were flying out the next day from Tampa. I stayed.
All
By
Myself

First I did the jungle trek. I love animals. This was great. I could take my time without any pressure from anyone.

There was a CM talking about these guys. I didn't catch the whole thing but I did learn that AK is the only zoo in north America who can breed them. (I didnt catch what they are called. Minor detail.) There are two sisters. One has a stump of a tail, its just the way she was born. The male came from Germany a few years ago to breed with the females. He was not use to females. He treated them like they were boys. One day he was dragging one of the females around by the tail (no game) and she turned around and bit his tail so badly it had to be amputated.

His behavior is much better now.

Tigers. So beautiful.

Water buffalo?

I was able to get another EE FP. I will spare you the picture. Rookie mistake, my hand was right in front of my face.

I then went to see Finding Nemo the Musical. I really like that show. Those performers are so talented. Not only are they puppeteers but they have to act as well.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 7/Feb 23 cont

Then I got a FP for the real king and queen of the jungle, er... Animal Kingdom.

I wished Mickey a happy birthday.
I asked Minnie if she lost weight. She loved that! I asked how they manage to look so good. Is it cheese? I asked. Minnie nodded yes then she and Mickey rubbed noses indicating the key to looking good is kisses. Who knew?

Cool looking bird.

This one was not a display animal. Just a lowly pigeon who looked a little disheveled. He was ok.

What the heck is going on here?

Kevin!!!

Rats!

The Disney touch.

Not a good sign.

I headed to the buses.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 7/Feb 23 cont

Ant really enjoyed his dinner. This was just one of many plates.

There were some delicious chicken thighs I enjoyed and the boys ate off the kids section. Most expensive chicken nuggets ever! Ha ha. What are you going to do.

This was pretty good.

We had been expecting a special visitor and he had arrived. I was so happy I stopped to smell the flowers!

Who was this special visitor???

It’s X!!!
He didnt have a game this weekend and had Sunday off so he came up Saturday after practice. It was almost 7pm when he got there and we were leaving for the airport around 7am the next morning. He drove 3 hours each way to spend a few hours with us.
Such a good boy. AJ of course was P O’d about it. While we swam AJ stayed in the room and sulked.

Worth mentioning. Stormalong Bay closed at 8:00. I found that odd. This is the dvc pool. I tried to get X something to eat but it is slim pickins at BCV once the pool closes. Poor kid. The marketplace is pathetic. They dont cook anything fresh, except pizza. Its all steam table food. Blah!

We hung out in the pool a bit. I was thinking a soak in the hot tub would be really nice. Except the hot tub was a cold tub. It was colder than the pool!!!! What the heck???
I watched person after person come down for a soak only to be disappointed by the frigid water. BCV fail.

Back in the room X was his old self. Annoying his Dad.

He is holding Dre’s magic band. I left it with him so he could get some breakfast in the morning. And so he could come and go. But be out by 11:00!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 8/Feb

I shouldn't even call this a day because all we did was leave😞
But it was a day I got to see X’s beautiful face.

Ha ha!

One last look at the view.

One last look at the room.

One last photo with X.

Hug from littlest bro.

On the drive to Tampa.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom