Trip Report THE ONE WITH THE CREW AT CHRISTMAS; December 21-28, 2018 **COMPLETE**

When I returned from our vacation I had the “Disney bug”. You know, when you feel tired and blah and listless? Then you vomit. Oh wait...
Turned out it was more of a flu bug....
I was off wdw magic for a couple weeks then I started up again at a feverish pace (see what i did there?). There are so many great trip reports to read! So here is another (trip report, not sure if it will be great. It is my first😎)

For those of you who did not read my pre trip, don’t bother. You will catch on/up.

Who went:
Myself
Husband Ant
Sons: X 19, AJ 15, Dre 13
FIL or Gpa
BIL J
SIL K
Their children, my nephews A 22, JJ 15, and niece Ash 20

Let’s do this!

We had a group reservation flying Southwest from our local airport to Tampa on Friday, December 21st. Why Tampa? $$$$
It was a 7:30 flight so the kids all went to school and I cleaned the house. I always clean before a trip because I hate coming home to a dirty house but this time I really cleaned. My son has a team mate who lives in Maryland and he and his family were going to NYC for a few days and their place to stay fell through. The mom and I get along really well so she asked if her party of six could stay with us. Perfect timing as we will not be home so they could have the place to themselves.
Did I mention I have 3 boys? I spent the day CLEANING!!!

Then we dropped off this guy
FDD12EC8-DF6B-44AA-850C-54563EE8BED4.jpeg

Ate some pizza with my Father in law
85118C42-84CD-44D2-932D-83994597F4DD.jpeg

Loaded these:
A378F06C-4FDA-4317-921B-48587F46892B.jpeg

Into here:
9511B1E6-B542-44FF-B69B-03D986063A36.jpeg

And we were on our way.
91341F52-CA56-4DAF-99FB-BEDCA95C3992.jpeg

Not the best pix but you get the idea.

The airport is about 13 minutes from our house so we made it there in about 10. My husband is the WORST driver!!!

C638C2F7-FFCE-40B3-BF64-D4DF31E3A4A4.jpeg

My FIL was in a wheelchair because his knees are garbage. My son was on a knee scooter with a broken foot. SIL just got cleared from her broken hip. And when it was time to pick up the pizza my husband was on the phone. I was giving him “the look” to get off so we could keep to our schedule. Turns out it was his doctor. Ant had tripped on one of the dog’s bones
4895224D-1C29-45EB-86D8-00BA1BE8B934.jpeg

And tore tendons in his ankle. I had ordered a scooter for my FIL and gave everyone else a last chance for me to add on to the order. All declined and we headed for security and our gate.

FIL and AJ got pre boarding and they could each take one person with them. My husband and his brother went with strict orders to save us seats. The lady who issued the pre boarding passes messed up however and Ant had two boarding passes while AJ had none.
This would be a common theme as we had 3 Alexanders, 2 Anthonys, 2 Johns and a partridge in a pear tree.

We managed to get it sorted out and got on and left without incident.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 6/Dec 26 cont

Huh?

Only one photo came through.

We were soooo tired!!!

The coffee drinkers were jonesing right about now. The line was huge and I was having a small panick attack at the thought of sitting there and waiting. Instead, I checked MDE for wait times and saw Star tours was only 35 minutes. My youngest son and my oldest nephew love star wars so this was a must do. Ant can't do Star Tours so he stayed with his dad, bro and SIL on the coffee line. I led the rest of the group to Star Tours. Because of AJ’s knee scooter they sent us through the handicap entrance.
No pix. And no haters, please, but we walked straight through to the boarding area. Took about 5 minutes. Faster than the coffee line!!!

Then we decided on lunch.

I did mobile ordering but I must have really messed up because it did not use our dining plan. It went to our credit card. Ugggh!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 6/Dec 26 cont

I dont remember the coffee drinkers having lunch with us. Maybe they had danish with their coffee? My nephews wanted to go back to the star tours store. They did that while we ate the best chicken nuggets ever!

After that we met up for Tower of Terror. Once again the sherpa, er, my FIL stayed behind.

Bougainvillea reminds me of home. You just cant find a good bougainvillea on long island!

Scooter looking fancy!

JJ was scared and I think he was about to chicken out so I grabbed him and said, “you’re with me!”

This was our ride photo. Note to self: don’t let Ant sit in the front with his camera!!!

What was the great shot Ant got?

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 6/Dec 26 cont

We had a big night planned so my SIL wanted to go back and rest. I had a couple if things I wanted to do yet. Besides, I have a saying when we are at Disney: You can sleep on the plane!
My oldest nephew, A, wanted to see the march of the Jedi. We had caught a smidge before and it had peaked his curiosity.

A headed to see the march of the Jedi show, Ant and I headed here:

And the light weights headed back to Jambo.

I had never seen Frozen sing a long and was curious.

It was Christmas themed. Is it always? I am going to have to go back aren't I?

Then the second thing on my to do list:

I had really hoped my BIL would join us ( he is the beer guy dont forget). Baseline carries Golden Road which is a brewery in California and BIL approved as AB distributes it. BIL even gave me a golden road hat!

No food, we had a nice dinner planned and wanted to save room. Did I mention Ant is not a beer guy? Mine! All mine!

D for Disney or darstarr? Or disaster?

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 6/ Dec 26 cont

Ant and I left HWS about 2:45.
We made it back to Jambo and I went out on the patio off the lobby to check out the animals.
These two were having a go. It reminded me of my boys.

Giraffes, my fave❤️

I headed up to the room. It was now about 3:30 and housekeeping had not come! What!!!
My SIL came over to tell me she called housekeeping to let them know that our rooms were occupied now but we would be leaving at 4:30 for the night. With that there was a knock on the door. “Housekeeping”. Hi! Come back at 4:30.

At 4:30 most of us assembled in the lobby.

My MIL collected elephants, but they had to have their trunks up. Apparently that is good luck.

This guy sits on my mantel as a nod to her

And to Disney, of course.

We took the bus to MK and from there walked to the (non) contemporary. We had an ADR for The Wave. I was a little leery because @blgauger recently reported a just ok experience there.

They look happyish! All at the same time.

But first, wine.

Attachments

• 2F42193C-6715-43B7-8A5C-767AE5F86AB1.jpeg
    2F42193C-6715-43B7-8A5C-767AE5F86AB1.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 30

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I had a cousin who only collected trunk-up elephant figurines, too, and said the same- they were lucky.

I'm awaiting anxiously your report on the Wave as my best friend and I will be dining there during our upcoming June trip for the first time!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I had a cousin who only collected trunk-up elephant figurines, too, and said the same- they were lucky.

I'm awaiting anxiously your report on the Wave as my best friend and I will be dining there during our upcoming June trip for the first time!
Here it comes!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 6/Dec 26

When planning our trip my SIL suggested we do a fireworks cruise. I booked a dessert fireworks cruise and tonight was the night ( a lot more on that later!!!) My SIL and I decided it would be a surprise. On the itinerary it just said “fireworks”. (Ant saw the huge charge on the visa bill so he was somewhat in the loop) I pulled our server to the side and told him we had a dessert party we were heading to after dinner, and asked if we could substitute an appetizer for dessert?
He said we could only substitute the house salad, not the ceasar.
Bread and butter

I am a bread snob but I really liked this.

My FIL and AJ both ordered ceasar salad. I didnt care if we had to pay extra for them, as long as they are happy. The rest of us got the house salad which looks pretty average but was yummy! BTW the ceasars never made it onto the bill😎

I had the gnocchi. OH MY GOD!!! So good!!!!
I know I said the luau was my favorite meal, but this was hands down my favorite dish of the trip!

Ant got the cioppino.
Others got the beef tenderloin

And I have a picture of a sirloin but it is not on the menu. Curious.

I loved mine! How did the others do?

The Wave was a big hit!
I wouldn’t let anyone look at the dessert menu and asked for the bill right away. We had ordered some extra drinks we needed to pay for. He put the drinks on separate bills depending on who was in which room. My FIL went to pay for his and his credit card got declined. What😳
We headed to the (non) contemporary front desk to see what was up with my FIL’s CC. Seems his CC had never been linked to his room. I’m sorry...is this our first night...did we just check in??? And! And they could not fix it there, he would have to fix it back at AKL.

On to the firework “dessert party”.

Attachments

• FBD15FFF-2ADD-47C0-8BA4-E66E91BDD2B6.jpeg
    FBD15FFF-2ADD-47C0-8BA4-E66E91BDD2B6.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 31

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I am loving the (Non) Contemporary reference ... 😂😂😂 ... like vintage contemporary!
The CM who “helped” us at the (non) contemporary front dest was wearing an icky brown suit with wide lapels. A peach (think 80’s) shirt with a wide peach tie (think ew!). I fully expected him to call me a jive turkey or introduce himself as Mr. Kotter.

MickeyCB

Day 6/ Dec 26 cont

Ant and I left HWS about 2:45.
We made it back to Jambo and I went out on the patio off the lobby to check out the animals.
These two were having a go. It reminded me of my boys.
View attachment 347974
Giraffes, my fave❤
View attachment 347975

I headed up to the room. It was now about 3:30 and housekeeping had not come! What!!!
My SIL came over to tell me she called housekeeping to let them know that our rooms were occupied now but we would be leaving at 4:30 for the night. With that there was a knock on the door. “Housekeeping”. Hi! Come back at 4:30.

At 4:30 most of us assembled in the lobby.
View attachment 347976
My MIL collected elephants, but they had to have their trunks up. Apparently that is good luck.
View attachment 347977

This guy sits on my mantel as a nod to her
View attachment 347979
And to Disney, of course.

We took the bus to MK and from there walked to the (non) contemporary. We had an ADR for The Wave. I was a little leery because @blgauger recently reported a just ok experience there.
View attachment 347981

View attachment 347980
They look happyish! All at the same time.
View attachment 347982

View attachment 347983
But first, wine.
I love how all of you guys wear the matching shirts. But, since it's here a second time I have to comment, Go Steelers!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I love how all of you guys wear the matching shirts. But, since it's here a second time I have to comment, Go Steelers!!
Ha ha. We technically are not steelers fans. We have two Cowboy fans (boo!), one Giant fan, one use to be a Jet fan but is mostly a front runner fan now and me. I cheer for any California team and anyone playing the Cowboys or the Patriots (I also cheer for the Jets bc they used to have pre season at my school, and they could use all the fans they can get!!!)
I do love Ju Ju because he is a USC guy!!!
My MIL was always a Steelers fan so there is that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom