• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report THE ONE WITH THE CREW AT CHRISTMAS; December 21-28, 2018 **COMPLETE**

Darstarr

Original Poster
Day 6/Dec 26 cont
Huh?

Only one photo came through.

We were soooo tired!!!

The coffee drinkers were jonesing right about now. The line was huge and I was having a small panick attack at the thought of sitting there and waiting. Instead, I checked MDE for wait times and saw Star tours was only 35 minutes. My youngest son and my oldest nephew love star wars so this was a must do. Ant can't do Star Tours so he stayed with his dad, bro and SIL on the coffee line. I led the rest of the group to Star Tours. Because of AJ’s knee scooter they sent us through the handicap entrance.
No pix. And no haters, please, but we walked straight through to the boarding area. Took about 5 minutes. Faster than the coffee line!!!

Then we decided on lunch.

I did mobile ordering but I must have really messed up because it did not use our dining plan. It went to our credit card. Ugggh!

Darstarr

Original Poster
Day 6/Dec 26 cont

I dont remember the coffee drinkers having lunch with us. Maybe they had danish with their coffee? My nephews wanted to go back to the star tours store. They did that while we ate the best chicken nuggets ever!

After that we met up for Tower of Terror. Once again the sherpa, er, my FIL stayed behind.

Bougainvillea reminds me of home. You just cant find a good bougainvillea on long island!

Scooter looking fancy!
JJ was scared and I think he was about to chicken out so I grabbed him and said, “you’re with me!”

This was our ride photo. Note to self: don’t let Ant sit in the front with his camera!!!

What was the great shot Ant got?

Darstarr

Original Poster
Day 6/Dec 26 cont

We had a big night planned so my SIL wanted to go back and rest. I had a couple if things I wanted to do yet. Besides, I have a saying when we are at Disney: You can sleep on the plane!
My oldest nephew, A, wanted to see the march of the Jedi. We had caught a smidge before and it had peaked his curiosity.

A headed to see the march of the Jedi show, Ant and I headed here:

And the light weights headed back to Jambo.

I had never seen Frozen sing a long and was curious.

It was Christmas themed. Is it always? I am going to have to go back aren't I?

Then the second thing on my to do list:

I had really hoped my BIL would join us ( he is the beer guy dont forget). Baseline carries Golden Road which is a brewery in California and BIL approved as AB distributes it. BIL even gave me a golden road hat!

No food, we had a nice dinner planned and wanted to save room. Did I mention Ant is not a beer guy? Mine! All mine!

D for Disney or darstarr? Or disaster?

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
Day 6/ Dec 26 cont

Ant and I left HWS about 2:45.
We made it back to Jambo and I went out on the patio off the lobby to check out the animals.
These two were having a go. It reminded me of my boys.
Giraffes, my fave❤

I headed up to the room. It was now about 3:30 and housekeeping had not come! What!!!
My SIL came over to tell me she called housekeeping to let them know that our rooms were occupied now but we would be leaving at 4:30 for the night. With that there was a knock on the door. “Housekeeping”. Hi! Come back at 4:30.

At 4:30 most of us assembled in the lobby.
My MIL collected elephants, but they had to have their trunks up. Apparently that is good luck.

This guy sits on my mantel as a nod to her
And to Disney, of course.

We took the bus to MK and from there walked to the (non) contemporary. We had an ADR for The Wave. I was a little leery because @blgauger recently reported a just ok experience there.

They look happyish! All at the same time.

But first, wine.

Attachments

myhappyplace

I had a cousin who only collected trunk-up elephant figurines, too, and said the same- they were lucky.

I'm awaiting anxiously your report on the Wave as my best friend and I will be dining there during our upcoming June trip for the first time!

Darstarr

Original Poster
I had a cousin who only collected trunk-up elephant figurines, too, and said the same- they were lucky.

I'm awaiting anxiously your report on the Wave as my best friend and I will be dining there during our upcoming June trip for the first time!
Here it comes!!!

Reactions: bee

Darstarr

Original Poster
Day 6/Dec 26

When planning our trip my SIL suggested we do a fireworks cruise. I booked a dessert fireworks cruise and tonight was the night ( a lot more on that later!!!) My SIL and I decided it would be a surprise. On the itinerary it just said “fireworks”. (Ant saw the huge charge on the visa bill so he was somewhat in the loop) I pulled our server to the side and told him we had a dessert party we were heading to after dinner, and asked if we could substitute an appetizer for dessert?
He said we could only substitute the house salad, not the ceasar.
Bread and butter
I am a bread snob but I really liked this.

My FIL and AJ both ordered ceasar salad. I didnt care if we had to pay extra for them, as long as they are happy. The rest of us got the house salad which looks pretty average but was yummy! BTW the ceasars never made it onto the bill😎

I had the gnocchi. OH MY GOD!!! So good!!!!
I know I said the luau was my favorite meal, but this was hands down my favorite dish of the trip!

Ant got the cioppino.
Others got the beef tenderloin

And I have a picture of a sirloin but it is not on the menu. Curious.

I loved mine! How did the others do?

The Wave was a big hit!
I wouldn’t let anyone look at the dessert menu and asked for the bill right away. We had ordered some extra drinks we needed to pay for. He put the drinks on separate bills depending on who was in which room. My FIL went to pay for his and his credit card got declined. What😳
We headed to the (non) contemporary front desk to see what was up with my FIL’s CC. Seems his CC had never been linked to his room. I’m sorry...is this our first night...did we just check in??? And! And they could not fix it there, he would have to fix it back at AKL.

On to the firework “dessert party”.

Attachments

MickeyCB

Day 6/ Dec 26 cont

Ant and I left HWS about 2:45.
We made it back to Jambo and I went out on the patio off the lobby to check out the animals.
These two were having a go. It reminded me of my boys.
View attachment 347974
Giraffes, my fave❤
View attachment 347975

I headed up to the room. It was now about 3:30 and housekeeping had not come! What!!!
My SIL came over to tell me she called housekeeping to let them know that our rooms were occupied now but we would be leaving at 4:30 for the night. With that there was a knock on the door. “Housekeeping”. Hi! Come back at 4:30.

At 4:30 most of us assembled in the lobby.
View attachment 347976
My MIL collected elephants, but they had to have their trunks up. Apparently that is good luck.
View attachment 347977

This guy sits on my mantel as a nod to her
View attachment 347979
And to Disney, of course.

We took the bus to MK and from there walked to the (non) contemporary. We had an ADR for The Wave. I was a little leery because @blgauger recently reported a just ok experience there.
View attachment 347981

View attachment 347980
They look happyish! All at the same time.
View attachment 347982

View attachment 347983
But first, wine.
I love how all of you guys wear the matching shirts. But, since it's here a second time I have to comment, Go Steelers!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
I love how all of you guys wear the matching shirts. But, since it's here a second time I have to comment, Go Steelers!!
Ha ha. We technically are not steelers fans. We have two Cowboy fans (boo!), one Giant fan, one use to be a Jet fan but is mostly a front runner fan now and me. I cheer for any California team and anyone playing the Cowboys or the Patriots (I also cheer for the Jets bc they used to have pre season at my school, and they could use all the fans they can get!!!)
I do love Ju Ju because he is a USC guy!!!
My MIL was always a Steelers fan so there is that...

Top Bottom