Trip Report The ONE with the Bowl that was not so Super šŸš½ 2/5-2/9, 2021*COMPLETED*

giphy.gif

HA HA HA!!!
Hello everybody! I returned yesterday from a last minute long weekend to WDW.
How? Who? Why? You ask. Well my Magical friends, here is everything you want to know, and maybe some things, you donā€™t.

It all began a few weeks ago at work when my bff/boss suggested we go to Disney for his birthday. I took him last year and we had a great time. We looked at dates and flights and room rates and hemmed and hawed for a couple days. We decided we would go Presidentā€™s weekend. But my kids would be out of school and they would want to go. Then, texting with @Tuvalu she said ā€œyouā€™re going presidentā€™s weekend!?!?šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā€

Ok, she didnā€™t say it like that but that is how I heard it in my mind. I said to my friend, M, ā€œwhat the heck are we thinking? Letā€™s go the weekend before.ā€ His sister/business partner/my other boss gave her blessing (then promptly booked a whole week in Florida for herself at the end of the month) and we started looking at rooms.
Pop was cheap with the AP discount so I booked.

We picked out our flights, then added a day and picked out new flights. Friday came, my day off and two weeks before departure and we had decided on everything. All we had to do was book the flights, which were $69 each way. Then I looked again and the flights were down to $49 each way. I texted M, ā€œBOOK BOOK BOOK! This is not a drill!!!ā€

Then Saturday came and I canceled Pop and booked a studio at Saratoga Springs Resort using my DVC points. Bought Mā€™s park ticket and made park reservations and some ADRā€™s. I also filled out the Magical Express request form and ordered a couple t-shirts.

13 days to go and we were all set.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE THAT YOU STARTED YOUR TR!!! You had an amazing first day with the room upgrade and the fun afternoon/evening at DS. Glad to see you got to enjoy so many cocktails! I can tell that R is having the best time with you already. Can't wait to see if you got a Board Group for ROTR!!!

#disney #disneylandparis #mickeymouse #mickey #yes #excited # GIF by Disneyland Paris
Canadian Thumbs Up GIF by CBC

Welcome!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Saturday February 6th, 2021

I have mentioned before that I am from SoCal originally. Californians are known to be pretentious. I mean, look at me with the SoCal.
would we schitts creek GIF by CBC

Anyhow, I am going to quote myself, please forgive me.

I felt great! Full and tired but we had had a fun first day. I drank some water, grabbed another bottle to put on my nightstand and retired for the night.

Saturday 3:00am

I awoke, not suddenly like one would from a bad dream but slowly with a feeling of dread, doom and pain, so much pain. My stomach! It was if there were something in there begging to get out. I tried to get up but it felt as if all my muscles had gelatinized. Keeping my eyes closed I pushed back the covers and willed myself to be strong. You are an athlete. You can do this. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts...

I felt my way to my bedroom door, opened it quietly so not to wake M asleep in the living room, made a sharp right and opened the bathroom door, shutting it behind me. Nothing lasts forever. Then a left to open the door to the toilet. No time to clorox wipe anything. I fell to my knees, keeping my eyes closed and my face as far as I could I released the demons trying to escape my stomach. I sat on the floor gasping for breath. Nothing lasts forever. Again and again I forcefully ejected the contents my stomach found objectionable. Eyes still closed I flushed it down then uprighted myself and stumbled to the sink. I was shaking as I washed and dried my hands.

I opened the bathroom door and there was M.
ā€œDid I wake you?ā€
ā€œNo.ā€

I retreated into my bedroom and my half of the bathroom, the half with the tub and the gorgeous sink and the stupid closet that should be a second toilet! I fumbled around for my toothbrush, put some toothpaste on it and brushed my teeth. It felt as if there were something lodged in my throat. Oh my throat, it burned. It felt like road rash with a chunk of asphalt still embedded in it.

With trepidation I took a small sip of water. Mistake. Bed. I needed to lie down. But the bed was so far away. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts forever.

Sleep was elusive and fitful. My body lay still but my mind raced. What the heck is this? Did I drink too much? No, thatā€™s not it. I felt fine before bed. FOOD POISONING! Who? What? Where? What time is it? RotR BG in a few hours. Nothing lasts forever. Sleep. Sleep damn it sleep.

Several times over the next couple hours in my semi sleep state I could hear M get up and make his way to the restroom. Just after 6:00am my stomach woke again, and was still angry albeit not as angry as before. M was in the bathroom and even if he wasnā€™t there was no way I was sticking my face near that bowl again. Nothing lasts forever.

Willpower was the answer. You will not throw up. I grabbed my phone and hustled into my half of the bathroom grabbing the brand new, never been used trash can and sat on the floor leaning against the tub. My body heaved a few times trying to dismiss every last poisonous crumb, but there was none remaining.

Shivering I checked the time. Boarding groups would be dropping in about 10 minutes. I had trained for this and even compromised I could do it. I restarted my phone and switched off wifi. Waiting for My Disney Experience to load I started to burn up. Sweat beaded up around my hairline, my heart thumped audibly, blood swished within my ears. I lay down on the cold tile floor nestling my cheek into the cool comfort. Nothing lasts forever.

Time check: 6:58.
What happens if I get an early boarding group? Can I do this? I donā€™t want to disappoint M. What is worse? Sorry I didnā€™t get it or I got it but I canā€™t go?
7:00
With trembling hands I pushed the join now button then the next join button. I had trained for this. It circled, then it circled again I knew it was too late before the red screen appeared telling me the groups were full. Relief washed over me but it was quickly replaced by nausea. I sat on the floor leaning against the tub with the trash can between my legs.

I needed to tell M so he didnā€™t get up and start getting ready. But I could not stand. My muscles were too weak, my body shaking, switching between shivers and sweats. I crawled to the bedroom door and opened it from the floor. Exhausted I slumped over to regain my strength.
ā€œM???ā€, I called quietly, my throat burning with every syllable.
ā€œI didnā€™t get the boarding group.ā€

M walked over to where I was sprawled on the floor.
ā€œYou okay?ā€ he asked.
ā€œI think I have food poioning and I feel like sh..ā€
ā€œMe too,ā€ he responded, ā€œI have been in the bathroom all night. But I feel a little better now. Can I get you anything?ā€

I must have felt a little better too. I asked for a bag from our groceries so I could line the trash can in case I got sick again. I did not want to ruin a brand new trash can. Even ill I have priorities.

ā€œLets sleep another hour and see how we feel. We donā€™t have a boarding group so we can head to Hollywood anytime we want.ā€

Nothing lasts forever

lindawdw

Oh my gosh Darlene, that was such a horrible experience you went through and your writing really brought it to life!:eek: I sure hope you both felt better after going back to bed for a while. My parents got food poisoning at WDW from the hot dog cart in the American Pavilion when we all went to Disney together for the New Year's Eve's Millennium and they were sick as a dog for about four days from it!!!!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member

I have mentioned before that I am from SoCal originally. Californians are known to be pretentious. I mean, look at me with the SoCal.

I awoke, not suddenly like one would from a bad dream but slowly with a feeling of dread, doom and pain, so much pain. My stomach! It was if there were something in there begging to get out. I tried to get up but it felt as if all my muscles had gelatinized. Keeping my eyes closed I pushed back the covers and willed myself to be strong. You are an athlete. You can do this. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts...

I felt my way to my bedroom door, opened it quietly so not to wake M asleep in the living room, made a sharp right and opened the bathroom door, shutting it behind me. Nothing lasts forever. Then a left to open the door to the toilet. No time to clorox wipe anything. I fell to my knees, keeping my eyes closed and my face as far as I could I released the demons trying to escape my stomach. I sat on the floor gasping for breath. Nothing lasts forever. Again and again I forcefully ejected the contents my stomach found objectionable. Eyes still closed I flushed it down then uprighted myself and stumbled to the sink. I was shaking as I washed and dried my hands.

ā€œDid I wake you?ā€
ā€œNo.ā€

I retreated into my bedroom and my half of the bathroom, the half with the tub and the gorgeous sink and the stupid closet that should be a second toilet! I fumbled around for my toothbrush, put some toothpaste on it and brushed my teeth. It felt as if there were something lodged in my throat. Oh my throat, it burned. It felt like road rash with a chunk of asphalt still embedded in it.

With trepidation I took a small sip of water. Mistake. Bed. I needed to lie down. But the bed was so far away. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts forever.

Sleep was elusive and fitful. My body lay still but my mind raced. What the heck is this? Did I drink too much? No, thatā€™s not it. I felt fine before bed. FOOD POISONING! Who? What? Where? What time is it? RotR BG in a few hours. Nothing lasts forever. Sleep. Sleep damn it sleep.

Several times over the next couple hours in my semi sleep state I could hear M get up and make his way to the restroom. Just after 6:00am my stomach woke again, and was still angry albeit not as angry as before. M was in the bathroom and even if he wasnā€™t there was no way I was sticking my face near that bowl again. Nothing lasts forever.

Willpower was the answer. You will not throw up. I grabbed my phone and hustled into my half of the bathroom grabbing the brand new, never been used trash can and sat on the floor leaning against the tub. My body heaved a few times trying to dismiss every last poisonous crumb, but there was none remaining.

Shivering I checked the time. Boarding groups would be dropping in about 10 minutes. I had trained for this and even compromised I could do it. I restarted my phone and switched off wifi. Waiting for My Disney Experience to load I started to burn up. Sweat beaded up around my hairline, my heart thumped audibly, blood swished within my ears. I lay down on the cold tile floor nestling my cheek into the cool comfort. Nothing lasts forever.

What happens if I get an early boarding group? Can I do this? I donā€™t want to disappoint M. What is worse? Sorry I didnā€™t get it or I got it but I canā€™t go?
With trembling hands I pushed the join now button then the next join button. I had trained for this. It circled, then it circled again I knew it was too late before the red screen appeared telling me the groups were full. Relief washed over me but it was quickly replaced by nausea. I sat on the floor leaning against the tub with the trash can between my legs.

I needed to tell M so he didnā€™t get up and start getting ready. But I could not stand. My muscles were too weak, my body shaking, switching between shivers and sweats. I crawled to the bedroom door and opened it from the floor. Exhausted I slumped over to regain my strength.

ā€œMe too,ā€ he responded, ā€œI have been in the bathroom all night. But I feel a little better now. Can I get you anything?ā€

I must have felt a little better too. I asked for a bag from our groceries so I could line the trash can in case I got sick again. I did not want to ruin a brand new trash can. Even ill I have priorities.

ā€œLets sleep another hour and see how we feel. We donā€™t have a boarding group so we can head to Hollywood anytime we want.ā€

Nothing lasts forever

I picked the wrong thread to catch up on during my lunch break.

34F7036E-B3A8-415D-868E-B8C820C7356F.gif

Songbird76

ā€œDid I wake you?ā€
ā€œNo.ā€

Nothing lasts forever
Oh how miserable that sounds!!! I think my husband has food poisoning right now...I'm thinking the sushi wasn't a good Valentines Day dinner option for him. I hope you both felt better later!!

slipperalwaysfits

When M saw it he jumped up and behind mešŸ˜‚
ā€œIs it poisonous?ā€, he asked.
Meanwhile, I am saying how cute it is
I am NOT a snake fan, and would like to think I wouldn't shriek on the grounds of WDW if I saw one there but I would probably not be okay with it, even though I know it's more scared of me than I am of them and it looks like a "garden" snake.
Those black snakes definitely can shock you . One of them crawled up my leg and I screamed like a little child. Then the snake slithered away. I would avoid walking on grass in FL. At least walking on the sidewalks you can see the snake from afar.

I got another of those French drinks
I just discovered the French 75's this year but really enjoy them! Glad you do, too!
The lady at the next table had a drink that looked the exact opposite of this Titos and seltzer. ie, light on the alcohol.
I ordered one to go with an extra cup on the side and made two drinks out of the Titos. Problem solved.
That sounds and looks fantastic!! :geek: :geek:

So sorry for your stomach troubles!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom