Trip Report THE ONE WITH A FEW MAGICIANS IN AUGUST šŸ¤”COMPLETEšŸ¤”

Hello again.
I have another trip booked in less than three weeks so I need to power through this. So letā€™s go.....

In my last TR you all convinced me to take a side trip to WDW after dropping my son off at school. I was on the fence until one poster (I am too lazy to look it up) said they would never pass up an opportunity to visit WDW. I agree.

Not too long after that we had a big family get together and I asked if anyone wanted to drive down to Florida with X and I then go to WDW with me for a couple days. My 16YO nephew said yes but he is kind of a nervous type so I did not take him seriously. A few days later his mother, my SIL said, ā€œyou know J was serious right?ā€

I went on DVC and booked a room immediately. I could not believe my luck when I got a 1BR at Boardwalk. I have been trying for 12 years to stay there. Yay!!!

THEN my SIL, also being the nervous type, said she would go too. WHAT???
She was just there at Christmas and she is going with me in September for food and wine. This is way out of character for her.

THEN my youngest, Dre, decides he wants to go. Wait. We are not all going to fit in Xā€™s
truck.

SIL suggests she fly down with the boys and meet me at Disney. That is what we did. Let me tell you about it......

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Iā€™m also so relieved when you talk about things your boys do ... in a world where most parents think their child is the next Einstein/Bill Gates/Steve Jobs ... you reassure me that Ā« normal Ā» kids exist.

And I think you should make Dre a Ā« Vinnie Barbarinoā€™s little brother Ā» t-shirt šŸ˜‰
My kids are so real it hurts sometimes.
X and Dre are 5 years apart. When Dre was in second grade I went to San Fran with my friend. My friend had just married Dreā€™s art teacher so I got all the goings on. Overheard in the teacherā€™s lounge, ā€œDre looks just like X. But he doesn't act like X. ā€œ

Rista1313

X and Dre are 5 years apart. When Dre was in second grade I went to San Fran with my friend. My friend had just married Dreā€™s art teacher so I got all the goings on. Overheard in the teacherā€™s lounge, ā€œDre looks just like X. But he doesn't act like X. ā€œ

Is that a good or a bad thing?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Lightning

(Sorry, pet peeve of mine šŸ˜‰)

I'll try to remember to add an E for you during my trip report... :joyfull::joyfull:

Hmm . . . Couldn't help but notice that Annette was not in that picture -- I know that she was one of the most popular Mouseketeers.

She's my favorite, but I've been told that she wasn't the original cast. She came later on in the series.

Matt and Kelly

Sunday 8/25 cont.

View attachment 408021

I had a garden view. I asked for a high floor near an elevator. We were on the top floor. Not really, ok, not at all close to the elevator. And about that view....hold that thought.
View attachment 408022

The TV was on which weirded me out at first but was strangely comforting.
View attachment 408023
View attachment 408024
Lid downšŸ˜‰

View attachment 408025

View attachment 408026

View attachment 408027
(@Matt and Kelly notice anything missing- again)

View attachment 408028

View attachment 408034

View attachment 408035
Trunk up!

Still no lotion?!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Not a clue! Decorate a cubicle? They certainly weren't big enough or long enough for any space larger than that.
Or a very small fiesta.
I'd put it on like a necklace, all lit up, and dance away after one too many margaritas at a party! My very own version of the infamous lampshade on the head! :hilarious:
I need that thing!

SandiSmiles

Sunday 8/25 cont.

More time to kill before my last FP. Not enough to do to kill the time in HW I fear. But Lightening McQueens Racing Academy was about to start. I like LM!
View attachment 408198View attachment 408199

View attachment 408200
Kachow!

Then it was time for Tower of Terror! I had a FP but stand by was only 30 minutes. I had been watching the wait times leading up to the trip and they had been high due to the refurbishment. Refurbishment done!
View attachment 408208
This was so good. The best ride I ever had on ToT. šŸ‘šŸ‘ for the refurb!

Then I grabbed a snack for the boys. At Christmas my nephew ate so much popcorn so I purchased the refillable bucket and had it full for them.
View attachment 408202
The two waters are mine. A girl has to hydrate!

I love this view. I really feel like I am in Cali.
View attachment 408201

I took the friendship back to the Boardwalk. Sort of. First of all there were three skippers. Captains? The one driving was in training. The quiet one was the trainer. Then there was the one with the microphone. Oh boy. I dont think he realized what department he works for. Joke joke joke. Was he hoping to be discovered and moved to the jungle cruise? It was exhausting.
Soooo, when traveling from HW to Boardwalk the friendship stops at Swan/Dolphin then Yacht and Beach then the Boardwalk. It was suggested by the master of ceremonies that we get off at Swan/Dolphin and walk the 5 minutes to the Boardwalk as it is faster. I wasn't concerned about time but, get me off this vessel!!! Please.

I was glowing again after my walk so I went to sit poolside for a bit.
View attachment 408203
I dont love how the deck of the pool is designed. Why is there a hedge going through it? How about some trees instead? There was not a lot of shade and the sun was pretty strong. They need more umbrellas. Just my two cents.

My SIL and son, Dre were texting me. They landed but SIL got everyone lost looking for the ME. I told Dre where it was and that he was in charge before he left. But, this is the kid who was just filling out the emergency card for school; he spelled his Dadā€™s name wrong, put our phone number down incorrectly and, get this, spelled his middle name wrong. šŸ˜Æ
I am concerned!
So it was the blind leading the blind looking for the Magical Express.

Finally they arrived!
View attachment 408204

I didnt notice this in the lobby my first time through.
View attachment 408205

We got to the room and Dre was STARVING. I had prepared for that.
View attachment 408206
Cup o noodles. His fave!

The elephant in the lobby is based on the famous "Lucy the Elephant" in Margate City, New Jersey, which is very close to Atlantic City. Lucy was built in 1881, is 6 stories tall, and used to be a hotel! She is now a historic landmark. You can go inside of her! I haven't been since I was a child. I think I recall circular steps in one of her legs!

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I should have added in my original post: my kid is very ā€œnormalā€ ... which is why I am appreciate your comments about your kids.

And I feel for Dre - most of my siblings had the same teachers over the years and for some of them it probably wasnā€™t easy being compared against the others. As I was several years younger, and we moved every couple of years after I started school, I never went to the same school as any of my siblings, so I didnā€™t have to deal with that sort of thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom