Trip Report THE ONE WITH A FEW MAGICIANS IN AUGUST šŸ¤”COMPLETEšŸ¤”

Hello again.
I have another trip booked in less than three weeks so I need to power through this. So letā€™s go.....

In my last TR you all convinced me to take a side trip to WDW after dropping my son off at school. I was on the fence until one poster (I am too lazy to look it up) said they would never pass up an opportunity to visit WDW. I agree.

Not too long after that we had a big family get together and I asked if anyone wanted to drive down to Florida with X and I then go to WDW with me for a couple days. My 16YO nephew said yes but he is kind of a nervous type so I did not take him seriously. A few days later his mother, my SIL said, ā€œyou know J was serious right?ā€

I went on DVC and booked a room immediately. I could not believe my luck when I got a 1BR at Boardwalk. I have been trying for 12 years to stay there. Yay!!!

THEN my SIL, also being the nervous type, said she would go too. WHAT???
She was just there at Christmas and she is going with me in September for food and wine. This is way out of character for her.

THEN my youngest, Dre, decides he wants to go. Wait. We are not all going to fit in Xā€™s
truck.

SIL suggests she fly down with the boys and meet me at Disney. That is what we did. Let me tell you about it......

lindawdw

I was so happy to see you started another TR!!! The whole ants thing would definitely freak me out and I agree with X that they should have given you the room for free that night! Glad to see you're back "Home" at SSR although I'm with you on the whole first floor thing! I know they had a few break-ins to the first floor rooms there a couple of years back with people not locking their slider doors. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures. :)

dizfan917

I agree about SSR. My SIL loves it!! I worked so hard to get Boardwalk for this trip and she asked why we werent staying at SaratogašŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Thanks for reading!

I get that. Since we became DVC members, I've stayed at SSR 9 times and BoardWalk 9 times. Next week's stay at BW will put that one at the top of the frequency list with 10 stays!!

Tied with one stay each are OKW / AKL-KV / BCV / WL and Coronado Springs back in 2002! I have a great time no matter where I stay.

PacNWTigger

I'm a little late, but adventure is out there!!
200w.webp

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I know they had a few break-ins to the first floor rooms there a couple of years back with people not locking their slider doors.
I dod not know that!!! Glad I didnt at the time. No more ground floor for me!

I'm off the boards for a few days and I miss the beginning of a Darstarr TR! Good thing that meeting was cancelled and I had time to catch up ;)
I have been off to a slow start. But school starts tomorrowšŸ˜„ so maybe I might have a little free time. Maybe.

At least the bottles are still there! Gives me hope for January.
BYOL!

Disstevefan1

Friday 8/23

I woke up at 6 but went back to sleep until 8. Then X and I picked up my Dad for breakfast at Cracker barrel. I have mentioned my dad before but refresher: he is 94 and lives in Vero Beach. I see him as often as I can (with a side trip to WDW if possiblešŸ˜‰)

After breakfast we drove to Xā€™s school. He was allowed to move in early if he helped the freshman move in this day. First we wanted to unload the truck but he had to get his card activated to open his door. What a hassel! One of the security guards layed into him about not being able to move in because he was an upper classman.

I told X that this guy has no say whether you move in or not and lets not start you off on a bad note (sitting in his big truck with NY license plates) so we moved on. We went to his room and his room mates had left it open for him. Then we went to the gym where the freshman were getting keys etc and told the housing lady we got in late the night before and he was moving in freshman all morning so this was the first opportunity he had to activate his key. 20 seconds and one white lie later, activated.

Now he didnt feel like helping the freshman. He was annoyed, hungry and hot (cliff note for @Zipitidoda , X was always complaining about the heat in our may trip. Even though he goes to school in so flo)

We got his stuff out of storage then went to Costco. I took this photo for @amjt660 (it was not our first stopšŸ˜ž)
View attachment 404027

View attachment 404026

We went back and I helped him unpack and made his bed. His room is soooo nice. As a freshman he had the worst room on campus. No, I am not exaggerating, it was low lying and had a musty smell. It is a paperless campus but the room didnt get wifi. During Irma the window leaked. And I will leave you with this: black mold.

Now he has the best room on campus. Again, not exaggerating. One of his roommateā€™s Dadā€™s works for the school. I think strings were pulled. He has a second floor, two story, 5 bedroom 2 bathroom dorm room. This is the outside.
View attachment 404020

View attachment 404022

View attachment 404023

View attachment 404024

View attachment 404025

And the light over the stairs in his room for @Doc Disney
View attachment 404021

His 4 room mates were already moved in and the place was already a little messy so I will spare you the inside photos.

After we were done I noticed his roommates had all showered and were looking at X expectantly. ā€œOk, ok. Just take me to my hotel. I will be fine on my own.ā€
The origional plan was to shop or whatever on Saturday. But we were done. He was excited to be back with the boys so I was dismissed.

I was able to cancel the next night of my reservation in Boca and was able to add this!

View attachment 404038

An extra (solo) day at WDW? Things are about to get interesting!!!

Hmmmm vodka and bagels.... Ah, dip the bagels in vodka! I gotta try that šŸ˜€

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Saturday 8/24 cont

I had decided MK was going to be my park of choice. Like there was ever a question. As I walked to the bus stop X called.
ā€œWhat the heck is up with this shirt, Mom?ā€
I had my friend make and send him a shirt and he had just gone to the mailroom and picked it up.
Me: ā€œput it on and send me a picture! ā€œ
BE6E2E5B-B4C4-42EF-AF1D-792DEF3E08AE.jpeg

It is backwards and hard to read but @Rista1313 it says ā€œIā€™m Vinny Barbarinoā€

I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard!!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

On the bus I tried reaching out to @NunuBelle but I must have kept typing her name wrong because nothing was coming up. I knew she was there alone and started to get a little worried. And I am not a worrier.
@Tuvalu had started a group chat with a bunch of us that were all down there so I reached out to the group to ask if anyone had heard from Nunu. Then I actually spelled her name correctly and we made plans to meet up later. True Value (my nickname for tuvalu although I dont know if she knows that) was at MK so I reached out to see if she wanted to watch HEA with us at TotWL. Her answer was classic True Value, ā€œI have a BTMRR fastpass.ā€
šŸ˜‚Of course you do!!!

I had a Peter Pan FP at 8 that I needed to switch. 8 was too late if I wanted to meet Nunu. I was going to switch it to anything at 5 but Peter Pan was available at 5!!! Wow! The Disney gods were shining down on me.

I arrived!
New security
B3501545-A983-408D-A97E-E8917E8932F9.jpeg

Monorail going one way
7AB6D469-8751-4840-A00C-B1D5C956B2EC.jpeg

And the other
A640C49D-CA1D-4079-97BD-DAC0FE6BA75B.jpeg

First stop
F037F3CD-20F8-4FFD-988D-21C4AD2D8503.jpeg

Ha ha. I wasnā€™t even in the park yet. The Vinny Barbarino shirt really got me!!!

F4668301-C660-4306-9D4C-D6A3C2269A62.jpeg

AFBFE6D0-672E-478E-96C1-8E4CDB630AB6.jpeg

309E1551-7E05-4297-B832-4F55853506DE.jpeg

Some PP pix
6321FBE5-3A04-4C53-ABF0-7058DFDAADFF.jpeg

This is when I was able to sigh and relax. I made it. Itā€™s always sad dropping X off at school but, ā€œX who???ā€

Then the photographer (not Callen) asked me to move over here.
9C113007-F3D0-418D-BE7D-C399D0E162B3.jpeg

I asked her if I should act a little chilly. I am glad I am in fallish colors at least.

Notice my phone in my hand. It was almost always in my hand. Two reasons: 1) I was keeping informed of the other Magicians whereabouts/going ons. 2) When X and I were shopping the previous day I was getting my wallet out to pay. I happened to take my phone out and was holding it when an alert came through. I had been trying to get Oā€™hana for Thanksgiving and it just became available. I thrust my credit card at X and told him to pay. The cashier gave me a look and I said ā€œA Oā€™hana reservation just became available!ā€ She understoodšŸ˜€
I had a request in for Ogaā€™s for September and I didnt want to miss it. Phone was almost always in my hand. Until it wasnt.....

krisri18

Saturday 8/24 cont

I had decided MK was going to be my park of choice. Like there was ever a question. As I walked to the bus stop X called.
ā€œWhat the heck is up with this shirt, Mom?ā€
I had my friend make and send him a shirt and he had just gone to the mailroom and picked it up.
Me: ā€œput it on and send me a picture! ā€œ
View attachment 405640
It is backwards and hard to read but @Rista1313 it says ā€œIā€™m Vinny Barbarinoā€

I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard!!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

On the bus I tried reaching out to @NunuBelle but I must have kept typing her name wrong because nothing was coming up. I knew she was there alone and started to get a little worried. And I am not a worrier.
@Tuvalu had started a group chat with a bunch of us that were all down there so I reached out to the group to ask if anyone had heard from Nunu. Then I actually spelled her name correctly and we made plans to meet up later. True Value (my nickname for tuvalu although I dont know if she knows that) was at MK so I reached out to see if she wanted to watch HEA with us at TotWL. Her answer was classic True Value, ā€œI have a BTMRR fastpass.ā€
šŸ˜‚Of course you do!!!

I had a Peter Pan FP at 8 that I needed to switch. 8 was too late if I wanted to meet Nunu. I was going to switch it to anything at 5 but Peter Pan was available at 5!!! Wow! The Disney gods were shining down on me.

I arrived!
New security
View attachment 405644

Monorail going one way
View attachment 405645

And the other
View attachment 405646

First stop
View attachment 405647
Ha ha. I wasnā€™t even in the park yet. The Vinny Barbarino shirt really got me!!!

View attachment 405648

View attachment 405649

View attachment 405650

Some PP pix
View attachment 405642
This is when I was able to sigh and relax. I made it. Itā€™s always sad dropping X off at school but, ā€œX who???ā€

Then the photographer (not Callen) asked me to move over here.
View attachment 405643
I asked her if I should act a little chilly. I am glad I am in fallish colors at least.

Notice my phone in my hand. It was almost always in my hand. Two reasons: 1) I was keeping informed of the other Magicians whereabouts/going ons. 2) When X and I were shopping the previous day I was getting my wallet out to pay. I happened to take my phone out and was holding it when an alert came through. I had been trying to get Oā€™hana for Thanksgiving and it just became available. I thrust my credit card at X and told him to pay. The cashier gave me a look and I said ā€œA Oā€™hana reservation just became available!ā€ She understoodšŸ˜€
I had a request in for Ogaā€™s for September and I didnt want to miss it. Phone was almost always in my hand. Until it wasnt.....
Oh dear, is that more foreshadowing?

lindawdw

OMG, that shirt is sooo funny! I used to watch Welcome Back Kotter back in the day when it originally aired so I know the character well.šŸ¤£It's so strange seeing all the Halloween decorations up in WDW knowing how hot is still was when you were there! Congrats on the O'hana reservation for November!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom