• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report THE ONE WITH A FEW MAGICIANS IN AUGUST

SandiSmiles

Advertisement
Sunday 8/25 cont.

More time to kill before my last FP. Not enough to do to kill the time in HW I fear. But Lightening McQueens Racing Academy was about to start. I like LM!
View attachment 408198View attachment 408199

View attachment 408200
Kachow!

Then it was time for Tower of Terror! I had a FP but stand by was only 30 minutes. I had been watching the wait times leading up to the trip and they had been high due to the refurbishment. Refurbishment done!
View attachment 408208
This was so good. The best ride I ever had on ToT. 👍👍 for the refurb!

Then I grabbed a snack for the boys. At Christmas my nephew ate so much popcorn so I purchased the refillable bucket and had it full for them.
View attachment 408202
The two waters are mine. A girl has to hydrate!

I love this view. I really feel like I am in Cali.
View attachment 408201

I took the friendship back to the Boardwalk. Sort of. First of all there were three skippers. Captains? The one driving was in training. The quiet one was the trainer. Then there was the one with the microphone. Oh boy. I dont think he realized what department he works for. Joke joke joke. Was he hoping to be discovered and moved to the jungle cruise? It was exhausting.
Soooo, when traveling from HW to Boardwalk the friendship stops at Swan/Dolphin then Yacht and Beach then the Boardwalk. It was suggested by the master of ceremonies that we get off at Swan/Dolphin and walk the 5 minutes to the Boardwalk as it is faster. I wasn't concerned about time but, get me off this vessel!!! Please.

I was glowing again after my walk so I went to sit poolside for a bit.
View attachment 408203
I dont love how the deck of the pool is designed. Why is there a hedge going through it? How about some trees instead? There was not a lot of shade and the sun was pretty strong. They need more umbrellas. Just my two cents.

My SIL and son, Dre were texting me. They landed but SIL got everyone lost looking for the ME. I told Dre where it was and that he was in charge before he left. But, this is the kid who was just filling out the emergency card for school; he spelled his Dad’s name wrong, put our phone number down incorrectly and, get this, spelled his middle name wrong. 😯
I am concerned!
So it was the blind leading the blind looking for the Magical Express.

Finally they arrived!
View attachment 408204

I didnt notice this in the lobby my first time through.
View attachment 408205

We got to the room and Dre was STARVING. I had prepared for that.
View attachment 408206
Cup o noodles. His fave!
The elephant in the lobby is based on the famous "Lucy the Elephant" in Margate City, New Jersey, which is very close to Atlantic City. Lucy was built in 1881, is 6 stories tall, and used to be a hotel! She is now a historic landmark. You can go inside of her! I haven't been since I was a child. I think I recall circular steps in one of her legs!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
My kids are so real it hurts sometimes.
X and Dre are 5 years apart. When Dre was in second grade I went to San Fran with my friend. My friend had just married Dre’s art teacher so I got all the goings on. Overheard in the teacher’s lounge, “Dre looks just like X. But he doesn't act like X. “
I should have added in my original post: my kid is very “normal” ... which is why I am appreciate your comments about your kids.

And I feel for Dre - most of my siblings had the same teachers over the years and for some of them it probably wasn’t easy being compared against the others. As I was several years younger, and we moved every couple of years after I started school, I never went to the same school as any of my siblings, so I didn’t have to deal with that sort of thing.

Darstarr

Original Poster

Darstarr

Original Poster
The elephant in the lobby is based on the famous "Lucy the Elephant" in Margate City, New Jersey, which is very close to Atlantic City. Lucy was built in 1881, is 6 stories tall, and used to be a hotel! She is now a historic landmark. You can go inside of her! I haven't been since I was a child. I think I recall circular steps in one of her legs!
You, @SandiSmiles are a plethora of knowledge!! If I am ever down that way I will hunt Lucy down for a photo opp. Thank you!!!

DisneyGigi

Can you believe it???

HA HA HA HA
Thanks...I think😂

I would LOVE to see that!!!
I asked for lotion at Coronado, they always had it, as recently as May. They did not even have any stocked on their carts. :( Getting soap, or even a notepad or pen, was also apparently something now impossible. Don’t even get me started on toilet tissue. (Thank the Lord, for Kleenex) 😑

Top Bottom