Trip Report THE ONE WITH A FEW MAGICIANS IN AUGUST 🤡COMPLETE🤡

Hello again.
I have another trip booked in less than three weeks so I need to power through this. So let’s go.....

In my last TR you all convinced me to take a side trip to WDW after dropping my son off at school. I was on the fence until one poster (I am too lazy to look it up) said they would never pass up an opportunity to visit WDW. I agree.

Not too long after that we had a big family get together and I asked if anyone wanted to drive down to Florida with X and I then go to WDW with me for a couple days. My 16YO nephew said yes but he is kind of a nervous type so I did not take him seriously. A few days later his mother, my SIL said, “you know J was serious right?”

I went on DVC and booked a room immediately. I could not believe my luck when I got a 1BR at Boardwalk. I have been trying for 12 years to stay there. Yay!!!

THEN my SIL, also being the nervous type, said she would go too. WHAT???
She was just there at Christmas and she is going with me in September for food and wine. This is way out of character for her.

THEN my youngest, Dre, decides he wants to go. Wait. We are not all going to fit in X’s
truck.

SIL suggests she fly down with the boys and meet me at Disney. That is what we did. Let me tell you about it......

Zipadeelady

I have to admit that life got hectic and I didn't get to read your last report, by the time I saw it it was already over 20 pages. I ain't got time for that. :happy: All that to say I'm happy I got to catch this one before it got far!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
You say that now😉

I have to admit that life got hectic and I didn't get to read your last report, by the time I saw it it was already over 20 pages. I ain't got time for that. :happy: All that to say I'm happy I got to catch this one before it got far!
Here are the cliff notes from May.
Avocado/guac bad
Margaritas good
All caught up!

In! Can't wait to see how much rain there was!
So much!!!☔

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday 8/22/19

X and I were up early. We had said good bye to my younger two the night before but this guy...
8AFB86EB-A879-4B53-B822-C5A89A092C7A.jpeg

He needed some loving before I left.

My husband got up and made us egg sandwiches to go (on a roll, not a bagel)

X and I were in his truck by 4:00. Mission accomplished. But we sat in the driveway arguing for 10 minutes. What were we arguing about at 4 in the morning? I had made a road trip playlist for the trip. I worked on it for a few nights and X knew this. We get in his truck and he wont hook me up to the blue tooth. He said there is no room. We bought the truck used so the previous owner still had devices in there. I told X to delete them. He freaks out because he doesnt know how. “Ok. But. Why didnt you do this last night? Or the night before? Or get your father to do it? He loves this kind of stuff, makes him feel useful.”

4:10
Me: forget it! Go back to sleep!

🎶On the road again🎶 Does not sound the same coming from an iphone speaker.

By 8:30 I had to go to the little girls room and we could use some gas plus we were approaching DC and there was a ton of traffic. So I stopped. X refused to go to the bathroom. He sometimes acts like he is 4. Anyhow, back on 95 and he announces he has to go to the bathroom.
“No! Hold it. “ I told him.

Close to 10 I was exhausted. We stopped at a rest stop. Used the restroom and I inhaled my now cold egg sandwich. X took over the wheel and I slept.
I slept through most of North Carolina and it rained the whole way😂. Serves him right.

Dinner was Wendys in Georgia somewhere around 6:00.

We arrived at our hotel in Vero Beach at 11:00 pm. It was a pretty easy drive and I was not overly tired.

Back home however, a huge storm had come through. Ha ha Mother Nature I am gone! My husband sent me these photos.
8B1CE7C1-DDB2-4DDA-9E23-9387119BD174.jpeg

This is the radar of the storm hitting at home. We lost power and it stayed down for a couple days.
A7ED77B0-1C58-4C50-A400-92705BE264D2.jpeg

This is the fire, as seen from my front porch, caused by lightening. It turned out to be just power lines, thus the no power.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Friday 8/23

I woke up at 6 but went back to sleep until 8. Then X and I picked up my Dad for breakfast at Cracker barrel. I have mentioned my dad before but refresher: he is 94 and lives in Vero Beach. I see him as often as I can (with a side trip to WDW if possible😉)

After breakfast we drove to X’s school. He was allowed to move in early if he helped the freshman move in this day. First we wanted to unload the truck but he had to get his card activated to open his door. What a hassel! One of the security guards layed into him about not being able to move in because he was an upper classman.

I told X that this guy has no say whether you move in or not and lets not start you off on a bad note (sitting in his big truck with NY license plates) so we moved on. We went to his room and his room mates had left it open for him. Then we went to the gym where the freshman were getting keys etc and told the housing lady we got in late the night before and he was moving in freshman all morning so this was the first opportunity he had to activate his key. 20 seconds and one white lie later, activated.

Now he didnt feel like helping the freshman. He was annoyed, hungry and hot (cliff note for @Zipitidoda , X was always complaining about the heat in our may trip. Even though he goes to school in so flo)

We got his stuff out of storage then went to Costco. I took this photo for @amjt660 (it was not our first stop😞)
06CE155A-2C3E-413E-8E54-5F49B46E07E4.jpeg

0F0A52A4-B914-4691-85BC-8FB027FAF91A.jpeg

We went back and I helped him unpack and made his bed. His room is soooo nice. As a freshman he had the worst room on campus. No, I am not exaggerating, it was low lying and had a musty smell. It is a paperless campus but the room didnt get wifi. During Irma the window leaked. And I will leave you with this: black mold.

Now he has the best room on campus. Again, not exaggerating. One of his roommate’s Dad’s works for the school. I think strings were pulled. He has a second floor, two story, 5 bedroom 2 bathroom dorm room. This is the outside.
139FE11D-CBCA-48DA-95B1-F2A69081D2B4.jpeg

F6AC7CBF-9A81-4742-B091-9266EE8B60D4.jpeg

D5487F8E-EAAA-4365-81BF-4AE168574F62.jpeg

3EEF3E9D-6A85-4AF5-8F42-313A8D442A18.jpeg

B5C2B06A-1208-4FFA-8AC7-8504E907FA81.jpeg

And the light over the stairs in his room for @Doc Disney
0E474FB0-E448-4DD7-A921-B97B6A553262.jpeg

His 4 room mates were already moved in and the place was already a little messy so I will spare you the inside photos.

After we were done I noticed his roommates had all showered and were looking at X expectantly. “Ok, ok. Just take me to my hotel. I will be fine on my own.”
The origional plan was to shop or whatever on Saturday. But we were done. He was excited to be back with the boys so I was dismissed.

I was able to cancel the next night of my reservation in Boca and was able to add this!

BF8CE1CA-940F-4851-8F37-9779D34031BA.jpeg

An extra (solo) day at WDW? Things are about to get interesting!!!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Hello again.
I have another trip booked in less than three weeks so I need to power through this. So let’s go.....

In my last TR you all convinced me to take a side trip to WDW after dropping my son off at school. I was on the fence until one poster (I am too lazy to look it up) said they would never pass up an opportunity to visit WDW. I agree.

Not too long after that we had a big family get together and I asked if anyone wanted to drive down to Florida with X and I then go to WDW with me for a couple days. My 16YO nephew said yes but he is kind of a nervous type so I did not take him seriously. A few days later his mother, my SIL said, “you know J was serious right?”

I went on DVC and booked a room immediately. I could not believe my luck when I got a 1BR at Boardwalk. I have been trying for 12 years to stay there. Yay!!!

THEN my SIL, also being the nervous type, said she would go too. WHAT???
She was just there at Christmas and she is going with me in September for food and wine. This is way out of character for her.

THEN my youngest, Dre, decides he wants to go. Wait. We are not all going to fit in X’s
truck.

SIL suggests she fly down with the boys and meet me at Disney. That is what we did. Let me tell you about it......
Yes! You know I'm in! 😀

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
A little more Friday 8/23 and some Saturday 8/24

Let me go back a bit. I booked the Embassy suites because it was cheaper than the place I usually stay. Plus free happy hour and an awesome breakfast buffet. However, I really dislike this particular property and I always say “never again!”

After X dropped me off I partook in happy hour then ordered a quesadilla, no guac, to go. In my room I ate and watched happy feet and drank a beer. I noticed an ant on the tray they have on the ottoman. I didnt think much of it. Then I saw another. Hmmmm

I decided a shower and a cup of tea would hit the spot. I unwrapped one of the dispossable cups given and put it under the “spout thingy” of the coffee maker. Then I went to unwrap the second cup and there was a dead ant on the wrapper.

Morning
X was meeting me for breakfast then taking me to get a rental car. I had my suitcase on the empty bed and was packing up. On my bed I saw an ant. yuck!! I was cleaning up my toiletries in the bathroom and saw an ant. Yuck again!!!
After we ate we went to my room to get my bags. I had a Disney medium reusable bag that I had used to bring some snacks for the trip. Most of the things went uneaten and I left them in X’s room. But I had an open package of pepperidge farm cookies, an unopened bag of hershey’s miniatures and a bottle of prosecco purchased the day before at Costco for Disney.

I also had ants. Lots and lots of ants!!!
64DA3C0D-4093-428C-BE47-8118BEFBB10E.jpeg

26851EDA-8701-4334-874E-9831CE2A7C8A.jpeg

I took the bag to the front desk. I was in shock. The woman at the front desk asked me if I needed the bag. “No, but I need the wine! And the chocolate, it’s not open.” But the chocolate was crawling with ants. Pass

They gave me a rate decrease, kept the bag and I left. A little later, when the shock wore off, X said he thought I should have gotten the room for free. Part of me thinks yes. Part of me blames myself for staying there. But, mark my words!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom