Trip Report The One Where She Counts Ducks

I enjoy reading everyone’s trip report so I thought I’d attempt one. I’m sitting at the airport right now lol. I tried to keep notes in my phone but didn’t always. If I do something wrong, please let me know.

Who: Logan (husband), Lorelei (daughter) and myself

When: Feb 17-24

Why: Logan has conference so why not go early and make it a vacation! Third time to do this.

We pulled out of our garage at 417 AM Saturday Feb 17. Drove 2 1/2 hours to airport (Love Field in Dallas, TX). It rained the entire drive and temps in upper 30s. Our big bag was too heavy. Thankfully I’d packed a backpack so unloaded Logan’s books for work. Security and flight uneventful. We were able to sit together so that was great! Uber to hotel to drop off bags then off to Winter Summerland mini golf. I’m sorry to say I didn’t get any pictures. Temps were mid 80s and boy were we feeling it! By this time it was around 4 and we were ready for some food. We took Disney bus to Disney Springs and ate at Blaze. Loved it! In our tiny town, we have a brick oven pizza place that is awesome and Blaze did not disappoint. We walked our food off, shopped a little, took some pictures and went back to hotel knowing we had an early start for AK next day. I’ll post pictures later, we’re about to board.

Rebel Scum Mama

Original Poster
Finally back to this!
Here’s a pic of us. We did these at Disney Springs. You can’t even tell it’s a screen lol.

Sunday Feb 18 started about 6 AM. I sleep poorly when we travel so I think mine actually started around 2 AM. Our hotel has full service breakfast. After we had food and caffeine on board we were on our way to Animal Kingdom! We took an Uber and arrived about 715. Park opening was 8 but they were already letting people in.

Pandora is amazing!!!! The area fits really well in AK, with the focus on conservation and protections of resources. We truly felt immersed in Pandora.
0F01FC90-8C05-485C-953F-B840EE0E9E9D.jpeg
D961FD0E-862D-472D-8EEB-E054EBC88279.jpeg

B190A67F-5BFE-4BB2-AB9C-CBC292FA777A.jpeg

I want these plants in my front yard!
F523DF73-8758-4AE2-92BA-7278923F6B78.jpeg
61582A8B-E126-46C2-97EF-E7821CC52B03.jpeg
5B3FAC44-5F08-42B6-9855-738A9184987E.jpeg

We got in line for FOP which moved decent, waiting just under an hour. What an experience!!! I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but you have to ride it to experience it for yourself. I have read many blogger’s experience and have to say I could not imagine I would be blown away. We all were. Logan gets motion sickness easily and said this was worth it lol! I would have loved to ride again. Then onto River Journey, waited about an hour. Disney did a great job with the creatures and plants. I thought it was pretty but unimpressive ride. We looked in the store and didn’t buy anything. I just knew Lorelei would convince Daddy she needed a tail, Avatar ears or a banshee.

Next up KS. Waited about 40 minutes. Our driver talked like Rob Burgandy the entire time. We loved it! Logan and I were cracking up. The giraffes were standing in the road so our ride took a bit I love KS and could ride 2-3 times. You think they’d notice if I hopped off and hung out with the critters a while? ;)
AF8E90CE-26F6-4980-90C7-A8E4FD0FE1FA.jpeg

E18FEF30-A6BB-4ED3-80DF-5EEF4642FBAC.jpeg

Last edited:

Rebel Scum Mama

Original Poster
Sunday Feb 8 continued. We looked at animals and did more shopping/browsing. By now it’s getting close to lunch. Lorelei had wanted to eat in Pandora but Logan nixed that. He was not feeling adventurous. We browsed the menus on the app and decided on Yak and Yeti. The eating area was quite crowded. I think everyone had the same idea. More time looking at animals. Our family loves animals! We could spend all day watching them. I want to bring them all home.

The sun was getting to Lorelei so we found her a hat. As well as stitch ears hat. You can see both in later pictures.

Our FP were for MK in the afternoon so we hopped on a bus. Lorelei wanted to ride Carousel of Progress. So of course “It’s a great big beautiful tomorrow” lingers in our heads for the rest of the afternoon. Next was WP ride. Lorelei loves that ride lol. She’s read all the books and I think having the book pages on the ride is fun to her. We rode HM next, one of my faves.

We made our way for our first FP for BTM.
13F87106-C8B9-43EC-86F5-38BD266F523D.jpeg

I think my family hates that I buy the memory maker b/c I make them stop at most of the spots. Some of the magic shots are so cheesy lol.
B7516A00-28DD-4583-A6E8-FA566EF66308.jpeg

Look how excited my husband is :cry: Hysterical!

BTW, I was not prepared for how warm it was. This was our third trip in February and it has never been in the upper 80s. I’ve recently lost weight and had to buy jeans b/c nothing fit. I needed shorts! It wasn’t unpleasantly warm just not what I expected, esp for February. How in the world do people survive July and August in WDW?!? I live in Oklahoma so we aren’t strangers to humidity and 100+ temps. Those who go in summer deserve a medal. Anyway, I digress.

Next up was JC and BLSRS. None of my pics for JC looked good.

Look at my face! :cry::cry: What a dork!
B155C780-8D83-4A1F-A39E-22DBBAA617FA.jpeg

And the girl knows where the picture is taken :p
B4242C03-B744-4DB4-9A4C-551C6EBF54AB.jpeg

She was not sensitive to Logan’s motion sickness so he was done with rides.
813CD9A7-8E19-48D6-91D6-94F130533EE7.jpeg

We stopped at a couple more photograhers but I’ll spare you. We Ubered back to hotel and ate at Uno’s.

Thanks for following along! Next up Epcot and HS.

Rista1313

Your first Trip Report is always the scariest I think. I just did a pre-trip one... and it kinda freaked me out.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi @Rebel Scum Mama
Great report so far.
A good mix of pictures and text ( I skim the heavy text ones so having a few short paragraphs works for me!!)

I have been going to Disney for awhile but still get hung up on some acronyms
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin is normally just called Buzz
Thankfully you had the pics right after so I was able to catch on

I was also going to ask about your daughters age (then I saw your pictures)
It was interesting trying to figure out if she was a toddler or school age or teenager based on your description of the first coulple of days.

Following along - it looks like you are having a wonderful time so far

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom