Trip Report THE ONE FOR MOTHER’S DAY IN MAY (duh)🥑COMPLETE🥑

Welcome home!
Said no one in my house upon my return.

Who went? Well.....if you have read any of my previous trip reports (Christmas, February, March and April) you know I multitask when in Florida. This trip was no different. My oldest son, X, was finishing up his second year of college in SoFlo and I went down to help him pack up and move out.
The original plan (why is there always a plan A, B.. etc?) was to pack him up, drive his truck to WDW and put it on a transport. Then we would spend a few days in WDW and fly home. I even bought the plane tickets. But, do you know how much it cost to transport his car from Florida to Long Island? Just north of OMG!!!! Plan B: no transport, no flight home. We would be driving. We also had to trim 1.5 days from our Disney stay to allow for travel time. (Heavy sigh)

We stayed at Saratoga Springs in a studio,
May 10-13. I bought him a two day park hopper as he does not have an AP like the rest of the family.

Ok, we have the who, what, where, when and why. Lets get to it!

DAY ONE/MAY 10
I woke up at 4:00 am and left the house at 4:43. Ant drove me to the airport and we got there at 4:57 (he was driving slow this morning). My flight was at 6:10 going into Fort Lauderdale. My son’s school is equidistant between FLL and West Palm (PBI) and they both have the early morning flight. One is 6:00am and one is 6:10am so I usually book the cheapest. However, if I am renting a car I prefer FLL. PBI has their car rental offsite and it can be a hassel.

The morning before, at 6:10am I had checked in and gotten A37😮. What? I havent seen the A’s since SW started charging for better boarding assignments. Maybe the flight is empty?

The flight was not empty! The announcement came that there would be about 10 empty seats. I sat in an aisle in row 4. ROW 4!!!!
There was a gentleman at the window and our middle seat remained empty. Go figure. I have decided that I do not love sitting up that close. I am not sure why but it felt different, bumpier or something. Perhaps I was thrown off because I had a shortened horizon to look at? Or maybe I am just used to the back? Who knows.

It was an uneventful flight and we landed 20 minutes early. My son had a 10:00am final (seriously, who gives finals on the very last day of class?) and couldn’t be there when I landed. I could wait but it would take him 30 minutes each way which would have us close to noon. We still had a few trips to make to the storage unit and I wanted to be on the road to Disney by 1:00. We decided I would Uber.

Walking to the ride share area I passed the shuttle for the tri-rail. The tri-rail is a train that originates in Miami. I am not sure how far north it goes, I think it goes to West Palm. Thus the tri, as in three airports (I think). Anyhow, there is a station not 5 minutes from my son’s school. I made a mental note to look into that for next time.

I found Marco, my Uber driver and said, “hello, how are you today?” He said, “NO English”. Great. We hit some traffic and my 30 minute $36 drive became a 45 minute just shy of $50 (with tip) drive. On the plus side, I had time to research the tri-rail. If I read correctly there is a Free shuttle from FLL to the station and my trip to Boca Raton would cost $5! and take 30 minutes. Sorry Marco. No more Uber from FLL for me!

I had Marco drop me at a Dunkin Donuts near my sons school. (Yes, @VincciL , the one on Yamato). I got a tea and an egg sandwich and sat at a table outside.
415A5CA5-7670-4FED-A244-535627AF655A.jpeg

D86F8398-A580-4E45-B56F-52BFAC308651.jpeg

87ACDBA1-69DC-464A-ADDD-85F2AB685EE9.jpeg

It sprinkled the entire time. Of course it did. It’s ME!!! This picture is of the sprinkles on the table.
663C240E-22D0-4E61-B394-F2A9D8F77CE5.jpeg

This picture is of a lovely palm tree I was sitting under.
400B5237-670A-4B96-BB7E-46B33C652375.jpeg

I do love palm trees.

I was sitting there, eating, checking TR’s to see what @Back!Elbow!Shoulders! @NunuBelle and @NothatDonald were up to in their livish reports. I also knew @Tuvalu had left the day before and wanted to see if she made it home safely. A man pulls into a parking spot just in front of me. Then another man drives up and words are exchanged. Man1 cut off man2 or something. Man1 invites man2 to say it to his face. Man2 parks. Man1 gets out of his car and he is a huge bald guy (why are the always bald?) Man2 gets out of his car and he is smaller than man1 but not small. They are yelling, cursing etc. Man1 gets in man2’s face. Man2 pushes man1 away. Uh oh. Do I call 911? This is not going to end well. Man1 just keeps going back in man2’s face. Man 2 is, esentially cornered and keeps pushing man1 away. What do I do? Millers Ale house had just opened and I was hoping someone in there, having dealt with belligerent drunks, would know what to do. A scrawny, barely post pubescent guy comes out of Millers. Really? But another guy and his wife happen to be walking by and the guy (we can call him guy3) is bigger than man1 and man2 put together. Now man1 is throwing out racial slurs (man2 is hispanic man1 has to be a FLID) guy3 puts himself between the men. Man2 says he just wanted a cup of coffee. Guy3 says “I will buy you that cup of coffee” and walks him into DD with his arm still around him. Man1 turns to run his errand, notices me for the first time and says “sorry, that was bad” then went into Jersey Mikes to get his sandwich.

All before 11:00am.

LeighM

When I went to WDW in 2016 after my Mom died to say I was overly emotional is a vast understatement. I saw a couple of grandparents in the ECVs with their kids and grandkids getting on one of the dark rides with their family. I completely started crying because you could tell how happy they were to be enjoying that moment with their family and how happy the little kids were when they looked over at their Grandpa. And then I started crying more when it made me think of my long time friend and her special needs son - WDW is the only place they can really go where everyone can be included and no one is left out or made to feel different. I was glad I was close to the front of the line so that no one was around when the ugly cry started LOL :joyfull:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
When I went to WDW in 2016 after my Mom died to say I was overly emotional is a vast understatement. I saw a couple of grandparents in the ECVs with their kids and grandkids getting on one of the dark rides with their family. I completely started crying because you could tell how happy they were to be enjoying that moment with their family and how happy the little kids were when they looked over at their Grandpa. And then I started crying more when it made me think of my long time friend and her special needs son - WDW is the only place they can really go where everyone can be included and no one is left out or made to feel different. I was glad I was close to the front of the line so that no one was around when the ugly cry started LOL :joyfull:
This is what it is all about.
Thank you for sharing!
(And I am sure your ugly cry is not as bad as all that😢😪😭)

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ya never know - I’m always way better at shooting pool or throwing darts after a beer or two (more than that and it has the opposite effect 😂)
Yes. Remember pop a shot? The basketball game. In college, give me a couple beers and I was unbeatable. No drinks and boy was I awful!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
These last couple updates are so funny and adorable!!! You do see the Disney parks in a new light with a couple of drinks in you.🤣🤣 TSMM ride being down and we just waited it out just like you! I bet we were there the same day. :)
Thanks.
That margarita was so strong!
Do you see yourself in my pictures? This was Mother’s Day.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
DAY TWO/MAY 12 cont

TSMM cont

1649FB68-5176-45FE-AD47-71F77207DD54.jpeg

Is he saying he will come in second or gesturing for peace??
46D77B70-BF8A-4600-A46C-14AE5D291CBA.jpeg

X was jumping and trying to touch something. I was making fun that he got his vertical jump from me. Mine was the worst on every team I was ever on!!!
75FB89CB-454C-4FA3-A0DA-BA4EEBFCFC86.jpeg

D1CF874D-EC4D-4ED7-BCB4-CB24A9EF19EA.jpeg

B0541544-060B-4792-87C1-2E2E3C0FAC67.jpeg

D6F217FE-6640-4EC9-9BB6-CEEBB239839B.jpeg

460EBF50-5A55-4FC6-9E08-FBF1FD5BA635.jpeg

Game faces
05CCFE3E-0EF3-4415-A57E-80750CE124D4.jpeg

More like “real” game faces.
6F1288CE-8D62-4CAE-B87D-6CC528C23EFB.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
DAY TWO/MAY 12 cont

Even more TSMM
I was having so much fun and taking too many pictures!

X won BTW. He wanted to beat me. I had a bigger goal. I wanted best in the hour. In order to get that you have to work with, not against your car mate. He wanted none of the cooperation stuff.
I did not take a picture of our scores because they were soooo pathetic! I remember my accuracy was low. Like, lowest of the hour low. Like lowest of the day low. Like so low!!!
E52603EA-1649-47F9-BB0B-622E72F4A4B9.jpeg

54FF115F-036B-41B9-9D78-16E155E84514.jpeg

C51A3F5C-F0F3-4FF8-A2DB-5E587DDCB34D.jpeg

C099F1C7-49C3-403A-AF5F-BFD0A44DC453.jpeg

I don’t know what this wall is but I am sure it has to be a “thing”.
06F67C07-5060-4485-8019-94B9C170B1A4.jpeg

2048BF59-F97E-4E46-9384-542C4FAAE394.jpeg

C5B15927-0639-4AB3-A6B7-F941DFD58C67.jpeg

And the famous love bugs showing you how they got their name.
A46CD07A-5223-4D48-8DE8-2553178FC779.jpeg

More wall selfies
3263EFBF-A982-43E9-B5CC-6AA0748965E5.jpeg

6FF1C50D-8A36-4F6D-9CBB-E5924B28CBAD.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
DAY TWO/ MAY 12 cont

Ominous
E5B1F8D5-8F4B-48D4-AF96-6F17EB0DAB62.jpeg

Plastic straw?
33178C94-185A-4329-BDE8-44E9A554B587.jpeg

Toy story done. I tell X I have heard great things about this Num Num cookie.
First I see tablet guy again and I reminded him I get credit for the renaming of multiexperience to select experience FP. He told me he has already sent four emails on the subject.
“Mom, stop talking to people.”
Then I had to say hi to the two men manning the DVC booth. They gave me stickers.
“Mom, why are you talking to people?”
“Here honey, have one of my stickers.”
Then we went to get the Num Num.

13E956D5-AC4C-46A8-8D01-569AB6E68991.jpeg

C57318BC-A18D-4B7B-9EDD-0A04059A8D99.jpeg

I was expecting such deliciousness from what I have read about them. Unfortunately I think I got yesterdays stale batch. How do I describe it....? Have you ever eaten a hockey puck? 🏒No? Well there is a reason for that😊
Ok, I thought, maybe it is just a tad over baked but the inside will be warm and soft and delicious. That would be a no. X tried to take a bite and couldn't. I will admit the chocolate was warm and gooey and I might have licked a chip or two. X and I decided to throw it out and get some drinks apparently.
3FFE51E3-ADEC-4651-9271-04CCF0E55DE0.jpeg

Then we headed to do ToT for our last FP.
AA4FA989-6FC8-4334-B5A7-B4D57D89CC6A.jpeg

5C9D487C-EA34-4009-802F-34178EE1146F.jpeg

5E00D017-1AB0-42D2-AB90-CDE2119A59C6.jpeg

F50AF306-3EB7-4013-A1D9-221DA5B768F8.jpeg

Its hysterical to see what my tipsy mind thought was photo op worthy😂

Then I did this. And I dont even have a selfie to show for it. Oh boy📷 Rookie mistake!!!
2CA18B9C-C232-4A85-8DE2-DD8977E421C4.jpeg

Rista1313

Just 2 of those drinks and I'd be ready for sleepy time.

So this week while I was gone to my knitting retreat... My roomie and I went to an awesome mexican place in MN, where I dream about their nachos all year long. My roomie ordered GUACAMOLE... (not on my nachos!, on the side) So in the name of science, I went ahead and tried it again, just to make sure I was still in hate. (I was!)

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member

So this week while I was gone to my knitting retreat... My roomie and I went to an awesome mexican place in MN, where I dream about their nachos all year long. My roomie ordered GUACAMOLE... (not on my nachos!, on the side) So in the name of science, I went ahead and tried it again, just to make sure I was still in hate. (I was!)

Yay that you tried it. Boo that you still don’t like it... yet. 😉

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Yay that you tried it. Boo that you still don’t like it... yet. 😉

I used to do the same with olives ... and then one day I actually started liking olives 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom