Trip Report THE ONE FOR MOTHER’S DAY IN MAY (duh)🥑COMPLETE🥑

Welcome home!
Said no one in my house upon my return.

Who went? Well.....if you have read any of my previous trip reports (Christmas, February, March and April) you know I multitask when in Florida. This trip was no different. My oldest son, X, was finishing up his second year of college in SoFlo and I went down to help him pack up and move out.
The original plan (why is there always a plan A, B.. etc?) was to pack him up, drive his truck to WDW and put it on a transport. Then we would spend a few days in WDW and fly home. I even bought the plane tickets. But, do you know how much it cost to transport his car from Florida to Long Island? Just north of OMG!!!! Plan B: no transport, no flight home. We would be driving. We also had to trim 1.5 days from our Disney stay to allow for travel time. (Heavy sigh)

We stayed at Saratoga Springs in a studio,
May 10-13. I bought him a two day park hopper as he does not have an AP like the rest of the family.

Ok, we have the who, what, where, when and why. Lets get to it!

DAY ONE/MAY 10
I woke up at 4:00 am and left the house at 4:43. Ant drove me to the airport and we got there at 4:57 (he was driving slow this morning). My flight was at 6:10 going into Fort Lauderdale. My son’s school is equidistant between FLL and West Palm (PBI) and they both have the early morning flight. One is 6:00am and one is 6:10am so I usually book the cheapest. However, if I am renting a car I prefer FLL. PBI has their car rental offsite and it can be a hassel.

The morning before, at 6:10am I had checked in and gotten A37😮. What? I havent seen the A’s since SW started charging for better boarding assignments. Maybe the flight is empty?

The flight was not empty! The announcement came that there would be about 10 empty seats. I sat in an aisle in row 4. ROW 4!!!!
There was a gentleman at the window and our middle seat remained empty. Go figure. I have decided that I do not love sitting up that close. I am not sure why but it felt different, bumpier or something. Perhaps I was thrown off because I had a shortened horizon to look at? Or maybe I am just used to the back? Who knows.

It was an uneventful flight and we landed 20 minutes early. My son had a 10:00am final (seriously, who gives finals on the very last day of class?) and couldn’t be there when I landed. I could wait but it would take him 30 minutes each way which would have us close to noon. We still had a few trips to make to the storage unit and I wanted to be on the road to Disney by 1:00. We decided I would Uber.

Walking to the ride share area I passed the shuttle for the tri-rail. The tri-rail is a train that originates in Miami. I am not sure how far north it goes, I think it goes to West Palm. Thus the tri, as in three airports (I think). Anyhow, there is a station not 5 minutes from my son’s school. I made a mental note to look into that for next time.

I found Marco, my Uber driver and said, “hello, how are you today?” He said, “NO English”. Great. We hit some traffic and my 30 minute $36 drive became a 45 minute just shy of $50 (with tip) drive. On the plus side, I had time to research the tri-rail. If I read correctly there is a Free shuttle from FLL to the station and my trip to Boca Raton would cost $5! and take 30 minutes. Sorry Marco. No more Uber from FLL for me!

I had Marco drop me at a Dunkin Donuts near my sons school. (Yes, @VincciL , the one on Yamato). I got a tea and an egg sandwich and sat at a table outside.
415A5CA5-7670-4FED-A244-535627AF655A.jpeg

D86F8398-A580-4E45-B56F-52BFAC308651.jpeg

87ACDBA1-69DC-464A-ADDD-85F2AB685EE9.jpeg

It sprinkled the entire time. Of course it did. It’s ME!!! This picture is of the sprinkles on the table.
663C240E-22D0-4E61-B394-F2A9D8F77CE5.jpeg

This picture is of a lovely palm tree I was sitting under.
400B5237-670A-4B96-BB7E-46B33C652375.jpeg

I do love palm trees.

I was sitting there, eating, checking TR’s to see what @Back!Elbow!Shoulders! @NunuBelle and @NothatDonald were up to in their livish reports. I also knew @Tuvalu had left the day before and wanted to see if she made it home safely. A man pulls into a parking spot just in front of me. Then another man drives up and words are exchanged. Man1 cut off man2 or something. Man1 invites man2 to say it to his face. Man2 parks. Man1 gets out of his car and he is a huge bald guy (why are the always bald?) Man2 gets out of his car and he is smaller than man1 but not small. They are yelling, cursing etc. Man1 gets in man2’s face. Man2 pushes man1 away. Uh oh. Do I call 911? This is not going to end well. Man1 just keeps going back in man2’s face. Man 2 is, esentially cornered and keeps pushing man1 away. What do I do? Millers Ale house had just opened and I was hoping someone in there, having dealt with belligerent drunks, would know what to do. A scrawny, barely post pubescent guy comes out of Millers. Really? But another guy and his wife happen to be walking by and the guy (we can call him guy3) is bigger than man1 and man2 put together. Now man1 is throwing out racial slurs (man2 is hispanic man1 has to be a FLID) guy3 puts himself between the men. Man2 says he just wanted a cup of coffee. Guy3 says “I will buy you that cup of coffee” and walks him into DD with his arm still around him. Man1 turns to run his errand, notices me for the first time and says “sorry, that was bad” then went into Jersey Mikes to get his sandwich.

All before 11:00am.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Late to the party but I’m here!

First things first... NO guac! LOVE tequila and LOVE the Golden Girls! Seeing their house on Residential Street at MGM back in the day was like, the highlight of my 10 year old life!
It seems like so many people here are going in September!! So am I!! Maybe I will see some of my fellow WDWMagic-ers there!!
Golden Girls! My family thinks I am bonkers, but I cant help myself!!!
Welcome to the party.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
DAY 2/MAY 11 cont

After we got off the people mover X said, (wait for it!) he was hot. Oy vey!!!
We were passing Monsters Inc Laugh Floor so in we went. There was a CM standing at the entrance and when X and I walked up he was staring at X and then loudly said, “the hair the bod!” Oh no. Is this guy flirting with X too? He may not notice when the girls do it but he probably will when a dude does. Then I realized he was having fun with X’s Maui shirt. DUH!!!
Then another CM walked up and said to me, “I like your shirt.” I naturally said thank you. Then he started singing 🎶🎤You’re welcome!!!

It was funny. We must be in the right place...everyone is a comedian!!!

X really enjoyed the show. And the AC. After it was over we headed across the park. I really wanted a Hei Hei cone-it must have been all that Moana tom foolery😁

I was putting in a mobile order but the hei hei cone wasnt listed. I opted for a regular dole whip cup. But when I went to pick it up I told the CM that I really had wanted a hei hei but it wasnt on the mobile order. He said he couldn't do a hei hei but he could swirl the raspberry and pineapple if I wanted. Ummmm!!!! Yes yes yes!!!!!!!
6D9B620B-9570-4816-BD5B-2F3C83266048.jpeg

This was the best ever!!!

We had a FP for big thunder. As we were walking over X was hot. I asked if he wanted to do Splash mountain. He said he didnt want to get wet. Really? It was only 2:00. Sun was out. I reminded him he would dry. “No!”
I suspect the real reason is the ear infections he had been suffering from. He was afraid he would get water in his ear. As if a random drop is going to go directly into his left ear. Puh leeese!!!

We instead went to the wildest dry ride in the wilderness.
4097577C-795A-499A-A3BE-BC481FE4E879.jpeg

21A28EE8-1EA5-45F5-9131-ADE13E7E0BE6.jpeg

33B454D3-AF1B-4DC0-99D0-780FFBBBEF8C.jpeg

CBDC4B52-8DD0-4255-8563-E44624E99B8D.jpeg

Then he made me put my phone away. You can see his grabbing for it in the picture. Geez, when did he become the parent and me the kid??

After Big Thunder we went to the restrooms by Splash Mountain. It was down and they almost didnt let us pass. I asked if the bathroom was also “down”? The CM looked a little sheepish and let us through.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
DAY TWO /MAY 11 cont

Now what now what??? X was hot. Lets see how long the HM stand by is. No, too long. It’s a Small World after all then!!

The clock was slow. No fast. Hmmm. It was off I know that but....
Time stamp says it is fast! About 5 minutes fast. These were on the way in.
21B2379C-4817-4B51-BF1A-1DA6663CD550.jpeg

A629FD0D-6EBD-4841-8D95-8376A2C15194.jpeg

3:15
But it wasnt really.

48A86DB2-11D6-4761-9893-D1E04870A36F.jpeg

46D1D90E-F4F3-41A5-A5CC-D652749CF753.jpeg

856D2006-3BEF-44DC-9600-6BD7527EDF09.jpeg

Why the heck am I posting not one but two blurry pictures of this girl??
X pointed out that her hair is going the wrong way, which of course, you can not see here but I want you all to notice next time you are on Small World and report back. Yes, I just gave you all homework!!!

F4F75A52-C364-4EFA-A7BF-FBE5ECCADFFD.jpeg

No trunk up but we will allow it.

A63677F6-F185-4C46-A7B6-5CD07C643F23.jpeg

5E5E4D52-4FAE-46EB-8B4E-45F1D2EB4A73.jpeg

E3A480D4-FBB3-41F2-BF51-4BB0FE86FA5A.jpeg

This was at the end of our ride as we were waiting to disembark. Around the world in less than 15 minutes!!!

I used to love to watch the “clock show” in Disneyland when I was little. This one is not as magical but I still enjoyed it.

Attachments

• D797A572-8B72-4B02-81D2-164A2FC23FF2.jpeg
    D797A572-8B72-4B02-81D2-164A2FC23FF2.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 190

Rista1313

Ok I’ve been sitting on the fence so to speak about whether I wanted ice cream (I’m really comfortable seating on my couch fence) but your pseudo Hei Hei cone tipped me over 😉

My ice cream shop currently has Orange Dolewhip. Hubby had them put a bit of chocolate softserve in a cup and some orange dolewhip on top..boy was that good. I'd like it with Vanilla.... citrus swirl please!

PopPopBear

I asked X if he wanted to stop at WDW when we drive him back to school in August. You know what he said!?!?!

NO!!

Can you believe it? I almost fainted. He told me that Disney was my thing. My other two already told me they are done for awhile. Did I turn them off somehow??? The horror!
Same here with our three. They are all grown (late 20's and one who is 30) and "better" things to do I suppose. o_O Will try to keep the tradition going with our grandchildren (3, 5). Took them and their mother to WDW in April. They have been to DL as well so there's that. Much easier traveling to there than the easy trips we made from Georgia when ours were growing up. :)

Love reading your trip reports by the way!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ok I’ve been sitting on the fence so to speak about whether I wanted ice cream (I’m really comfortable seating on my couch fence) but your pseudo Hei Hei cone tipped me over 😉
My ice cream shop currently has Orange Dolewhip. Hubby had them put a bit of chocolate softserve in a cup and some orange dolewhip on top..boy was that good. I'd like it with Vanilla.... citrus swirl please!
You two are killing me!!!!
Stew Leonards sells Dole Whip. The closest location is not exactly convenient but....

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Same here with our three. They are all grown (late 20's and one who is 30) and "better" things to do I suppose. o_O Will try to keep the tradition going with our grandchildren (3, 5). Took them and their mother to WDW in April. They have been to DL as well so there's that. Much easier traveling to there than the easy trips we made from Georgia when ours were growing up. :)

Love reading your trip reports by the way!
They will come around hopefully. I wonder if they know how lucky they are?
And thank you for reading!
I know, I know, 🎶your welcome🎶🤗

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
DAY TWO/MAY 11 cont

Next up was Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I love this ride. It totally brings out the kid in me. That seems to bother my actual kids. I like to rock the car during the slow parts but X was mortified. Trust me, the two people sharing our cart A)had no idea you could rock the cart and b)loved the rocking of the cart.

7BF77483-C3A9-4A00-A877-C6952D8C7A23.jpeg

D32A342A-2A4A-4774-A3A9-B3E7C2E19AF9.jpeg

Then we headed over to Space Mountain for a FP. On our way we saw a man with a service dog and the service dog had booties on. This was the second time that day I had seen this pair and I made a comment to X. I was wondering his opinion: if you know it is hot enough to put booties on the dog is it too hot to take the dog?
Well, did I get a shocker of an answer/opinion from X!
To paraphrase and edit: “They should be banned”.
What? I was not expecting that. Although, he was recently bitten by a “service” dog so his opinions are pretty strong.
He was at school skateboarding back from class and one of his team mates was with his girlfriend and her “service” dog (anxiety). The dog lunged to the very end of his leash and bit X on the buttocks. Luckily it didnt break the skin but did leave a mark. The girl said to X he could not report her because if he did she would say X kicked the dog and it is two against one (her BF/ X’s team mate!) So yes, X is a little anti (fake) service dog at the moment.
BTW: I do not think, nor am I implying that this was a fake service dog in the booties.

BF4C1C1F-B911-4434-8505-51510EED4BDD.jpeg

Why did I take a picture of the ladies room you are asking. It was to remind me of the no smoking policy that had just gone into effect.
I thought I would see people hiding out in and around here trying to sneak a puff or two since this is near the old smoking section. I did not see anyone. To be honest, the entire trip I only saw one unauthorized smoking in the park. It was earlier in this day when we were leaving Big Thunder. He was way far away, near Pecos Bill, and I saw him.
Guess what X had to say about smoking in the parks....

Anyhow, back to space mountain.
8135D009-185D-4B7D-B846-3539C1632D3F.jpeg

Not exactly sure what the plan was for the photo but I am guessing we nailed it since we both have the same face😯

CA6D03B1-9FE2-4557-BB29-65885548652A.jpeg

We were FP but went on the left, alpha track. Some swear it is better than the right. Seems the same to me but what do I know?

47EEA6B5-2F38-47E7-85B1-9FDDE4D47B65.jpeg

Guess who was hot?

Here were the cars being worked on. (I mentioned them before).
57B16643-4686-4AA1-B108-B34D2BB396DE.jpeg

Billy6

Late to the party but I’m here!

First things first... NO guac! LOVE tequila and LOVE the Golden Girls! Seeing their house on Residential Street at MGM back in the day was like, the highlight of my 10 year old life!
It seems like so many people here are going in September!! So am I!! Maybe I will see some of my fellow WDWMagic-ers there!!

I’ll be there 9/21-29th!

Great report as always @Darstarr!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
DAY 2/MAY 11 cont

After we got off the people mover X said, (wait for it!) he was hot. Oy vey!!!
We were passing Monsters Inc Laugh Floor so in we went. There was a CM standing at the entrance and when X and I walked up he was staring at X and then loudly said, “the hair the bod!” Oh no. Is this guy flirting with X too? He may not notice when the girls do it but he probably will when a dude does. Then I realized he was having fun with X’s Maui shirt. DUH!!!
Then another CM walked up and said to me, “I like your shirt.” I naturally said thank you. Then he started singing 🎶🎤You’re welcome!!!

It was funny. We must be in the right place...everyone is a comedian!!!

X really enjoyed the show. And the AC. After it was over we headed across the park. I really wanted a Hei Hei cone-it must have been all that Moana tom foolery😁

I was putting in a mobile order but the hei hei cone wasnt listed. I opted for a regular dole whip cup. But when I went to pick it up I told the CM that I really had wanted a hei hei but it wasnt on the mobile order. He said he couldn't do a hei hei but he could swirl the raspberry and pineapple if I wanted. Ummmm!!!! Yes yes yes!!!!!!!
View attachment 379804
This was the best ever!!!

We had a FP for big thunder. As we were walking over X was hot. I asked if he wanted to do Splash mountain. He said he didnt want to get wet. Really? It was only 2:00. Sun was out. I reminded him he would dry. “No!”
I suspect the real reason is the ear infections he had been suffering from. He was afraid he would get water in his ear. As if a random drop is going to go directly into his left ear. Puh leeese!!!

We instead went to the wildest dry ride in the wilderness.
View attachment 379805

View attachment 379806

View attachment 379807

View attachment 379808
Then he made me put my phone away. You can see his grabbing for it in the picture. Geez, when did he become the parent and me the kid??

After Big Thunder we went to the restrooms by Splash Mountain. It was down and they almost didnt let us pass. I asked if the bathroom was also “down”? The CM looked a little sheepish and let us through.

That hei-hei (ish) dole whip looks so good! Is it tangy? 'cause if it is, I'd like to get one in August. For once, I won't be sharing with Frank! :hungry:😁

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Poor X worried about his ear infection. And what about him getting bitten by a service dog?!
I can't believe that he was warned against complaining 🤨. Wow!

Despite everything, I can see you guys had a great time! 😊

Songbird76

DAY TWO/MAY 11 cont

Next up was Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I love this ride. It totally brings out the kid in me. That seems to bother my actual kids. I like to rock the car during the slow parts but X was mortified. Trust me, the two people sharing our cart A)had no idea you could rock the cart and b)loved the rocking of the cart.

View attachment 379903

View attachment 379904

Then we headed over to Space Mountain for a FP. On our way we saw a man with a service dog and the service dog had booties on. This was the second time that day I had seen this pair and I made a comment to X. I was wondering his opinion: if you know it is hot enough to put booties on the dog is it too hot to take the dog?
Well, did I get a shocker of an answer/opinion from X!
To paraphrase and edit: “They should be banned”.
What? I was not expecting that. Although, he was recently bitten by a “service” dog so his opinions are pretty strong.
He was at school skateboarding back from class and one of his team mates was with his girlfriend and her “service” dog (anxiety). The dog lunged to the very end of his leash and bit X on the buttocks. Luckily it didnt break the skin but did leave a mark. The girl said to X he could not report her because if he did she would say X kicked the dog and it is two against one (her BF/ X’s team mate!) So yes, X is a little anti (fake) service dog at the moment.
BTW: I do not think, nor am I implying that this was a fake service dog in the booties.

View attachment 379905

Why did I take a picture of the ladies room you are asking. It was to remind me of the no smoking policy that had just gone into effect.
I thought I would see people hiding out in and around here trying to sneak a puff or two since this is near the old smoking section. I did not see anyone. To be honest, the entire trip I only saw one unauthorized smoking in the park. It was earlier in this day when we were leaving Big Thunder. He was way far away, near Pecos Bill, and I saw him.
Guess what X had to say about smoking in the parks....

Anyhow, back to space mountain.
View attachment 379906

Not exactly sure what the plan was for the photo but I am guessing we nailed it since we both have the same face😯

View attachment 379913

We were FP but went on the left, alpha track. Some swear it is better than the right. Seems the same to me but what do I know?

View attachment 379907
Guess who was hot?

Here were the cars being worked on. (I mentioned them before).
View attachment 379908
Wow....some "friend" if he'd lie and say X kicked the dog so his GF didn't get in trouble. I think I'd be a bit more anti-fake friend than anti-fake service dog.
One of my friends has a "service" dog (PTSD) and on our last trip, the dog kept lunging at DS, lunged at a server in Whispering Canyon...we had to keep the dog separated from DS the whole trip because as soon as she saw him, she went for him, and my friend was completely in denial and kept insisting she wouldn't really bite him. The only reason she didn't was that we kept her on a chain so she couldn't reach him. I totally understand X's distaste for them, but I know there are people who really need them, and there are real actual service dogs, not just pets that people call their service animals, so I'm not for banning them in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom