I was just thinking, and counting. I believe this is trip report number
giphy.gif

I better make it good!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 22 cont

We made our way into Whispering Canyon Cafe. I have eaten here once before when the kids were a little younger. I thought they would like the shenanigans. For those of you who are familiar with the set up of the restaraunt you know the small area that is mostly closed off from the main area. It “overlooks” the lobby, and would be an awesome seat in any other restaraunt. But we were closed off from the fun! We could hear it but not participate. In fact we were largely ignored.
No way I was sitting there today. And we didnt!
A4422E03-D215-4D6C-9263-7EBE9F08FA57.jpeg

I have heard so much about the nachos!
NACHOS NACHOS NACHOS!!!

giphy.gif

So I insisted we order them as an appetizer. INSISTED!

We waited.

There were two youngerish women (like @bee ’s age) being berated by their server. I did not warn the ladies, or X about the funny business and SIL looked at me with shock and terror in her face. I have to say this server, not ours thank the manufacturer, was....well....how do I say this in a pc way?
Lets just say, I felt like I was in NYC or on Long Island. She could work here and not have to change her act one bit. She made me uncomfortable because it was too close to being real. Except her accent was clearly southern and not brooklyn/queens/staten island/bronx/manhattan.

Our server was quieter, smaller and less impossing. He was also forgetful I assume because we waited and waited and waited.
Where are our dang nachos?

The ladies at the next table got the big glass of soda. I kept trying to order refills of my moosehead hoping our server would give up and bring me the big glass. But alas, he did not.

You know what else he didnt bring???
THE NACHOS!!!

By now the ladies and X were onto the high jinx.
B, “OK, nobody ask for ketchup. I will quietly get one from the next table.”
Me, “with that mean waitress? No thanks. I will take the embarrassment.”

Then our entrees came.
I had a pulled pork sandwich
0FBD6607-303B-4E73-BA23-944E30A90CCC.jpeg

With sweet potatoe fries.

X had a grilled chicken sandwich.
2CE23358-2800-4D8D-ADE6-1B6E59CF4C7A.jpeg

With regular french fries.
You know what makes fries taste better right? The American mother sauce that is ketchup.

Ohhh
And our nachos finally arrived
(Yes after our entrees)
FDC94FAE-2A66-45CC-93D4-1D3F6B3C1E84.jpeg

No one ate them. How could we with big plates of food sitting in front of us. Our server took them off the bill which was nice. I should have taken them to go. Airport snack.

Then we got ketchup.
0A3A1A8C-6805-496F-8807-98FFBBBC9D13.jpeg

X had some fun with the ketchup
EAD96159-FC5E-478A-9110-D1C492023F29.jpeg

I think he could have gone one higher. Whats the record @Tuvalu ? You know alot about WL.

A cute little boy about 4 snuck over and quietly asked for ketchup. We obliged and his Dad gave us the thanks wave.

giphy.gif

We, well B had had the same plan....

We were too full for dessert but SIL got a birthday cupcake.
86A229B7-059E-4FCF-8944-443D2AC1FF37.jpeg

My food was good but I am still bummed I did not get to enjoy the nachos.
X told me, “it was not cho day.”

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You have brought up the airport, that's mean, that suggests this TR is nearly over and I am just not ready for this fun to stop!

Well thanks but, it was only a 2 1/2 day trip and I have really dragged it out. In fact...

giphy.gif

Yes, I have just awarded myself the Gellar Cup for excellence in dragging out a TR. 2.5 days, no notes and few pictures. This award is well deserved!
(I feel like Belli❤️)
Speech! Speech!
“I just want to thank my family and the magicians and of course David Crane and Marta Kaufman. Without them, none of this would have been possible.”

Gurt

Well thanks but, it was only a 2 1/2 day trip and I have really dragged it out. In fact...

giphy.gif

Yes, I have just awarded myself the Gellar Cup for excellence in dragging out a TR. 2.5 days, no notes and few pictures. This award is well deserved!
(I feel like Belli❤)
Speech! Speech!
“I just want to thank my family and the magicians and of course David Crane and Marta Kaufman. Without them, none of this would have been possible.”

lindawdw

It's too bad the nachos came with your meals.:confused: Your server certainly wasn't on top of his game this day! Glad he at least didn't charge you for the nachos! We've never eaten at WCC in all the times we've stayed at WL because my DH hates to be teased by the servers when he's eating!:rolleyes: We ate at Prime Time Café once back in the early '90's and he declared "never again"! 😆

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Seriously?? Your trip was ONLY 2 1/2 days??!!

View attachment 425855

Who knew 2 1/2 days could be so much fun!!!
9 1/2 weeks...??? Thats a different story😊
It's too bad the nachos came with your meals.:confused: Your server certainly wasn't on top of his game this day! Glad he at least didn't charge you for the nachos! We've never eaten at WCC in all the times we've stayed at WL because my DH hates to be teased by the servers when he's eating!:rolleyes: We ate at Prime Time Café once back in the early '90's and he declared "never again"! 😆
I was very bummed about the nachos. Those nachos have become legendary here.
The server said something about the food runners sleeping on the job. The place was empty and it is easy to “fall asleep” under those conditions. We had a good meal and a good time so in the scheme of things it is not a huge deal.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 22 cont.

The girls bought me (and X) lunch as a thank you. We hit the ladies room again and headed back to the boats via the gift shop to buy the aforementioned hat for X.

Love this table.
28211414-611E-4AC0-AC60-193205727819.jpeg

Such a nice day! Too bad we were leaving😞
2960513B-7C00-4D78-A837-4647ECAE13FF.jpeg

We still had some time so I thought I would show the girls some of the monorail resorts. SIL was wotking on J hard to get her to bring her three girls here for a mom/ daughter/daughter/daughter trip.

But first we had to stop by the Contemporary Marina to use....you guessed it! The ladies room.

giphy.gif

(Not to do this!)

And I saw our FW cruise driver from February and had to give her a big hug! Which of course led to more ribbing from the ladies and X.

Then I saw these two❤
4F63AC3F-B5BE-4907-B543-D875AAD9FAD9.jpeg

I have no idea what they were up to but boy were they adorable!!!

We headed to the monorail and got into an empty car. Empty until an olderish couple got in. Olderish you ask? 70’s perhaps.

SIL looks at J and says, “can we tell them the story now?”
Seems that the night before when they left Epcot before B, X and I they got on the monorail. The seats were all taken. On one side three men sat on the bench with their legs spread wide preventing anyone else from sitting(not sure if they were doing that consciously or not).

SIL was standing and holding onto the handle near the door. When the monorail stopped the three men tried to cut SIL and J off and get off before them. SIL got very animated and was telling us “no way was I letting them off first.”

Then the older gentleman decided to interject. “It all starts from the top leadership”.

WHAT THE HECK?
Is he turning this political???
SIL looked like she was going to bite the mans head off.
I tried to intervene and gave the man a gentle warning, “sir, you have got the wrong crowd.”
Too late.
SIL told him. “The new way is everyone is equal. We were hoping for a little bit of old fashioned manners.”

Older gentleman asks where we are from.
“Long Island”
“Oh, that explains it.”

Explains what??? I kept my mouth shut for X’s sake but SIL was hot.

Oh look, it’s our stop.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 22 cont

We went to the Poly next and went up to the Tambu lounge to get a drink. We stood there and waited. And waited. And waited.
Why all the waiting? The bartender was wiping down all the liquor bottles. One by one he would take a bottle off the shelf, wipe it and then return it to the shelf while four women stood there watching him.
I was in the mood for something fancy but by the time he finally got around to us I ordered a Longboard. I was not feeling very Aloha.

We wandered outside and look who we saw!
0616DA06-F767-4D2F-848A-45935ECD18D3.jpeg

B1A99B3F-D51F-49C0-A14E-516441A32BFE.jpeg

That is better!😎🌴🏄🏻‍♀️

Eventually we monorailed it back to the Contemporary, said goodbye to X and caught the ME.

giphy.gif

In the airport J and I got sandwiches from a small shop.

giphy.gif

J and I agreed it was one of the best things we ate all weekend. Who knew?
We both tried making it at home but couldn't get it right. I told her there was some sort of sweet spread but she didnt think so. A few weeks later she found and sent me this.

1017B27A-C872-4FF8-BF66-43ACA36A63F5.jpeg

We ate the turkey and brie with apples. As you can see it had chutney on it. But what kind???
WHAT KIND????

Our flight home was awful. We flew jet blue and I am starting to not like them that much. The way they board is dumber than Southwest. With Southwest you at least know where you stand (er, sit) when you get your boarding assignment. With jetblue they board the aisle seats last. Three of us had aisles and we were in the last boarding group but in rows 13/14. There was no overhead bin space except in the back. So let me see if I understand this...I booked early and got a desirable seat but am now being punished???

There was a man who got on after us and was in row 10 or 11. The flight attendant told him the overhead compartment situation was not her concern and also said she was not allowed to touch people’s bags. 😮 (Is this new?)
As he walked by, I tried to ease his pain by offering some fellow passenger camaraderie. I said to him, “translation: I dont care.”
The FA heard me, I wasnt trying to be quiet but I was not yelling, and she said, “I didnt say I dont care.”
Que the FA making the announcements: “We know there may not be overhead compartment space above your seat. We don’t care. Find some space and take your seat.”

Hmmmm...

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The End

It was only 2 1/2 days but the trip was

giphy.gif

Ha ha! Just kidding.

BLT second bathroom was great.
Seeing X was great!
Food and wine? I wish I had tried more food. Next time.

Some final photos.
My husband and my anniversary was the week after I got back. What did we get???

5018B732-131C-40DE-8B2A-397DA9DA1E74.jpeg
BB7B1B70-8306-4A39-9875-724E8B459C7F.jpeg

Plus we orderd the mix they recommend “on line”. OMG! They are amazing!!!

Then a few days later this came in the mail.
D3545A90-A2B1-4E31-9366-E7DB64675E3A.jpeg

I had been admiring it so J bought it for me as a thank you.

Speaking of thank you...

I want to thank all of you. I know this wasn't a long trip but you all made it so much fun! All the friends gifs and the witty banter made my trip even more amazing.

Lastly...

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom