Trip Report THE ONE FOR FOOD AND WINE, September 2019 *COMPLETE*

I was just thinking, and counting. I believe this is trip report number
giphy.gif

I better make it good!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
100% agree on natural peanut butter. The other stuff just tastes gross to me now. We are lucky to have a couple of different natural and chunky options available. They do exist. 😉
Kroger sells it. I buy it weekly and, yeah, chunky is where its at:
(Chanted like the Hefty commercial)
Chunky, Chunky, Chunky!
Chunky for the win!!!

bee

Okay, finally got a chance to catch up!

You can order any of the "souvenir" drinks at Oga's without the souvenir element. I had the Yub Nub, which the menu said was $30 for the drink with souvenir mug, but I asked our server and she said I could get just the drink and not keep the mug.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Okay, finally got a chance to catch up!

You can order any of the "souvenir" drinks at Oga's without the souvenir element. I had the Yub Nub, which the menu said was $30 for the drink with souvenir mug, but I asked our server and she said I could get just the drink and not keep the mug.
giphy.gif

Why didnt our server tell us?
Oh yeah...🤑🤑🤑

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Saturday Sept 21 cont

We meandered out of the park and caught a monorail back to BLT. I am not sure exactly how or when but at some point in our monorail trip we had an entire car all to ourselves. B and I were being silly

giphy.gif

X jumped over the benches in the middle of the monorail car to get away from us. I scolded him because, well, I am his mother. I told him they would put him in Disney jail. It worked when he was little. (Not on my middle one though who A) was intrigued by Disney jail and B) bet he could break out of Disney jail)

We arrived home safe and sound. (No up charge Disney jail for us!)
X slept on the sleeper chair and B and I shared the pull out couch.

giphy.gif

Actually, the pullout was quite comfortable and thanks to the alcohol we fell asleep quickly and did not move.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday September 22

Our flight was at 7:00pm.
Lets go back a bit. This falls under the heading “no one listens to me.”
So, SIL and I are deciding on flights to and from MCO. We agree on the flight for the trip down but not on the return flight. I want the Southwest flight into our small local airport departing MCO just before 8pm.
“No, that is too late,” SIL counters because we won’t be home until close to 11:00pm and we have to work the next day.
I cave and we book the 6ish on Jet Blue to JFK. (45 min drive vs 15)
Our 6ish flight became a 7:00ish flight a few days prior. (Ask me what time I got home. If you have to ask you do not know me at all.)

We briefly entertained the idea of getting the girls another days ticket so we could do 6:00am SW:GE. But it was so much money and I did not think they would “get it”.

So all we had on the schedule was a lunch ADR at 12:45 or so.

I had made a Buzz FP for X and I “just in case”. I really wanted him to take advantage of his new AP, even if it meant going to MK, riding Buzz, then walking back.

@Doc Disney said snack and back.
This could be Buzz and back.
giphy.gif

X and I got up early and went to have a proper breakfast.

F169A579-9A48-4B55-8F95-D837B9611B9B.jpeg

Then we walked over to MK.
EC094130-4F8F-45DD-A555-F743C132EEA3.jpeg

Ok ok. I was not satisfied with “Buzz and back”. I needed the picture. THE picture.
However, the lines were so very very long. Castle selfie it is. After watching some of the show of course.
0A90FFF1-7D4E-496E-B264-B209820DEC8E.jpeg

B6E1FF0D-B9A0-4825-8B2B-909EE8A121D7.jpeg

New sign into Tomorrowland.
470056F6-BEA4-4C57-BAC2-6A7A890D2221.jpeg

Dead fish.
856B15AA-BC2A-4B5D-8D87-EF8DFB07AC16.jpeg

I was so busy boasting to him how awesome I did on Buzz two days earlier as we walked toward the ride.

giphy.gif

No, it was my a.s.s. that was kicked.

A7A26BD8-A949-4B74-9BB0-C3C67DC0E2A9.jpeg

Then, because I could never be satisfied with castle pix, Buzz and back, we also rode Space Mountain.

4BD37374-5F0C-4C51-986A-9CD2E9170ABD.jpeg

9F34CB29-D698-4824-AD11-99DB90C9C5A5.jpeg

Then we left.
“Castle pix, Buzz, Space and back.”
Doesn't roll off the tongue as well as “snack and back”.

It was an awesome bonus morning with my son!

lindawdw

How fun that you were able to at least get a couple of rides in with X! I have a feeling your flight home turned into a longer night that if you had taken the later flight into your small local airport! :rolleyes:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday September 22 cont

I had made a lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon cafe. Originally we were staying at Boulder Creek Villas, I had waitlisted BLT and got it but kept the lunch reservation. I wanted the girls to see the resort. SIL works with a woman who stays at WL all the time and always sings it’s praises so it would be nice for her to see what all the hub bub is about. (Spoiler: SIL’s opinion matches mine, and I did not tell her mine. “It looks like a southwest Animal Kingdom Lodge!”)

We headed to the boat dock at the Contemporary.
Then I heard “Darstarr?”
Some people in school called me Darstarr but this man talking to me was WAY too young to have gone to school with me. I was searching my brain how I knew this guy.
“I’m Billy.”
Me still clueless. “Billy who?”
“Billy 6.”
It was a magician! Our own @Billy6 !!!
It was so cool that he recognized me. He also recognized X and asked if he was the one who played lacrosse. (I have to admit, Billy, that freaked X out a bit.)

8E8562F7-B1F8-454A-9D18-539101703C73.jpeg

Billy was there with his wife and two adorable children waiting for the ferry to WL. He said he had been waiting awhile when I asked.

The ferry finally came and I think I was last on. There was a man and a lady (I assumed husband and wife) with two small kids. The man got off the ferry carrying one of the girls (I have no idea why people were getting on and this family was just disembarking). Then the “mom” tries to get off and the little girl is freaking out. Crying “mommy! Mommy!”
I said, “ at least you know she loves you.”
The “mom” said, “ I am not her mom. Her mom fell getting on the boat and they took her away in an ambulance.”

Me, “Billy, did you hear that?”
It is amusing to me that I had family and friends with me but I chose to discus this piece of Disney gossip, if you will, with another magician instead😊

SIL and the ladies were confused about the whole stranger on the dock thing. And SIL has met @bee so this shouldn't have been anything new.
X told me “I am worse than Dad.” My husband posts everything to facebook and or insta. More FB because I dont have FB and therefore can not monitor him.

I will say, I got a lot of ribbing from the girls for the rest of the day and beyond. As a matter of fact, a week or so after getting home J sends a message to the group chat saying she watched a special with Bob Iger and Oprah. I was so proud she knew who Bob Iger was!
I told her I hadn't seen it and asked what Bob had to say.
“Well, he started by thanking Darstarr for visiting disneyworld 10 times this year then blah blah blah.”
Her exact words. She called me Darstarr😂
giphy.gif

We got to WL and disembarked. I lost (not on purpose😂) Billy.

We looked around a bit.
480E9FBF-B2CA-4E2D-B39B-175A23BCE7EA.jpeg

59AB9D97-4466-4B08-99B0-FE84CFC90C58.jpeg

It was a really nice day!

We also went into the gift shop. X saw a hat he liked. I told him if he still wanted it after lunch I would get it for him.

giphy.gif

@Tuvalu this makes me think of you😀

He did end up getting the hat. I dont seem to have a picture of it but it is a straw hat with a little Mickey on it. It comes in handy blocking the Fla sunshine!

Rista1313

Sunday September 22 cont

I had made a lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon cafe. Originally we were staying at Boulder Creek Villas, I had waitlisted BLT and got it but kept the lunch reservation. I wanted the girls to see the resort. SIL works with a woman who stays at WL all the time and always sings it’s praises so it would be nice for her to see what all the hub bub is about. (Spoiler: SIL’s opinion matches mine, and I did not tell her mine. “It looks like a southwest Animal Kingdom Lodge!”)

We headed to the boat dock at the Contemporary.
Then I heard “Darstarr?”
Some people in school called me Darstarr but this man talking to me was WAY too young to have gone to school with me. I was searching my brain how I knew this guy.
“I’m Billy.”
Me still clueless. “Billy who?”
“Billy 6.”
It was a magician! Our own @Billy6 !!!
It was so cool that he recognized me. He also recognized X and asked if he was the one who played lacrosse. (I have to admit, Billy, that freaked X out a bit.)

View attachment 424006

Billy was there with his wife and two adorable children waiting for the ferry to WL. He said he had been waiting awhile when I asked.

The ferry finally came and I think I was last on. There was a man and a lady (I assumed husband and wife) with two small kids. The man got off the ferry carrying one of the girls (I have no idea why people were getting on and this family was just disembarking). Then the “mom” tries to get off and the little girl is freaking out. Crying “mommy! Mommy!”
I said, “ at least you know she loves you.”
The “mom” said, “ I am not her mom. Her mom fell getting on the boat and they took her away in an ambulance.”

Me, “Billy, did you hear that?”
It is amusing to me that I had family and friends with me but I chose to discus this piece of Disney gossip, if you will, with another magician instead😊

SIL and the ladies were confused about the whole stranger on the dock thing. And SIL has met @bee so this shouldn't have been anything new.
X told me “I am worse than Dad.” My husband posts everything to facebook and or insta. More FB because I dont have FB and therefore can not monitor him.

I will say, I got a lot of ribbing from the girls for the rest of the day and beyond. As a matter of fact, a week or so after getting home J sends a message to the group chat saying she watched a special with Bob Iger and Oprah. I was so proud she knew who Bob Iger was!
I told her I hadn't seen it and asked what Bob had to say.
“Well, he started by thanking Darstarr for visiting disneyworld 10 times this year then blah blah blah.”
Her exact words. She called me Darstarr😂
giphy.gif

We got to WL and disembarked. I lost (not on purpose😂) Billy.

We looked around a bit.
View attachment 424008
View attachment 424009
It was a really nice day!

We also went into the gift shop. X saw a hat he liked. I told him if he still wanted it after lunch I would get it for him.

giphy.gif

@Tuvalu this makes me think of you😀

He did end up getting the hat. I dont seem to have a picture of it but it is a straw hat with a little Mickey on it. It comes in handy blocking the Fla sunshine!
Oh I know that hat... I bet it looks good on him!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Sept 22 cont

We still had time so to Geyser point we went!!!

giphy.gif

There weren't any proper tables but we figured it out.
648E64A3-580B-4C72-9BC9-36497BEAA9B4.jpeg

We (as in me) were drinking this and really liked it.
12FE25B9-B8DD-49E1-8CCB-A79DEC6D25D1.jpeg

X was afraid he was cramping our girls weekend but he wasnt! He kept us laughing. He can be a real goofball.
E0D0094E-104F-4E9E-B4A1-C9F247861B03.jpeg

Did I mention it was a glorious day? Why is departure day always the best weather wise???

I had DM’d @Billy6 saying sorry we didn't get to say a proper goodbye. I did see him on our way to lunch and did eventually get to say a proper goodbye.

Billy it was wonderful meeting you. Are you going to do a TR? I would love to hear how your vacation was!

C6762279-8F17-43D3-A8E3-D087DF155BBF.jpeg

Show of hands, who remembers me being bitten by a duck in Epcot on my previous trip?
I had to snap a picture of this sign. Which segues nicely to this...

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom