Trip Report THE ONE...(February 2020)*COMPLETE*

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
21B50DAE-E983-4578-8D31-4A8BAD4D8EA8.jpeg

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The Jedi Mind Trick used to come in a glass shaped like a martini with a thick stem. I asked our server what was up and she said they all broke and Oga was looking for a replacement. She and I agreed that a wine glass did not a good replacement make.
Looks like too many of those original glasses are breaking! @Tuvalu and Em also got a generic glass at Oga's. I know it's not that important, but I agree with you, it takes a bit from from the whole experience. For that at least, she gave a better answer than:
“I am sorry. You probably know him better as Han Solo.”
She said she had no idea who that was and went to get the check.
When she came back I said, “ you don't know who Han Solo is? His ship, the Millenium Falcon is right outside.”
“Oga doesn't let us out much”, was her response.
Weak!
😲 Yep, weak! I mean, not everyone knows about SW, and that's ok, but she should've known who Han Solo is!
All I can say about your server is: Padawan.

Oh!, love yours and M's t-shirt for the day! :inlove:

meggo819

Yep, weak! I mean, not everyone knows about SW, and that's ok, but she should've known who Han Solo is!
One would think Han Solo would be a character often referenced by guests towards the CMs, since the millennium falcon is parked in the middle of the land. They should have been better prepared!

I wonder if it was intentional? Like she’s trying to stay in character as someone actually in the Star Wars universe and she doesn’t know him personally (she hasn’t seen the movies in her world 😂). Cuz yeah, like y’all, I find it *really* hard to believe that someone working in SWGE doesn’t know who Han Solo is.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
😲 Yep, weak! I mean, not everyone knows about SW, and that's ok, but she should've known who Han Solo is!
One would think Han Solo would be a character often referenced by guests towards the CMs, since the millennium falcon is parked in the middle of the land. They should have been better prepared!
I wonder if it was intentional? Like she’s trying to stay in character as someone actually in the Star Wars universe and she doesn’t know him personally (she hasn’t seen the movies in her world 😂). Cuz yeah, like y’all, I find it *really* hard to believe that someone working in SWGE doesn’t know who Han Solo is.

I think when I said Indiana Jones she was like no no no. But when I said Han Solo she should have played along. She should know Han Solo, or at least his legend. His ship is hanging out right there. I think she was already committed to the “no”, if that makes sense. I was all prepared to tell her Indiana Jones was his smugglers alias in my neck of the system.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 9th cont

After my utter humiliation with the dine n ditch sitch, which I must say, you people are great! No one is making jokes at my expense. (Except the text message I got- you know who you are!!!)
Anyhow, after taking care of our Beaches n Cream bill we headed to The Land. First up was Amazing Planet hosted by Phil Dunphy. No, I did not mean to say Ty Burrell. See it and come back and agree with me.
Pretty new curtain in the theatre:
6C5C2FA4-F42F-4EBE-9E73-84CB4355144B.jpeg

We then road Living with the land.
5A1B8958-C890-4A11-B58B-673A1D2FC9AB.jpeg

I told M how everyone loves this house.
“It looks like your house, without the chicken.”😂

3DAA9C1D-1DF2-41F0-BEE4-FD00CE48E8CB.jpeg

No idea what this is suppose to be because it is, wait for it, blurry.

A34A6CD8-07CA-4F81-8AD9-D52954F66761.jpeg

I love seeing all the pictures people post of this Mickey topiary. I like watching the metamorphosis.
9A0832B3-77E0-4A2A-9B4F-49E5AD6F0F7C.jpeg

This too. I like seeing the changes.
3CBE9ED5-4F90-4ECC-9C69-4C305BD4A698.jpeg

Then we used one of our bonus FP’s for Soarin’. We had awful seats but I didnt say anything because I didn't want M to go in with a negative view. Pun not intended🤣

Then we headed to look for Nemo.
10C19F4D-C264-416A-AA47-61C0E5907CF7.jpeg

B7B96D75-2D8D-4741-94A5-2F06D6867FCF.jpeg

Spoiler! We found him...
We looked in the aquarium a bit but I could tell M wasn't feeling it. In fact, he was off like he was tired or not feeling well. I asked if he wanted to go back to the resort but he wanted to power through.
Water! Drink some water!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 9th cont

We headed via the wall hwy to Spaceship Earth to use our last bonus FP.
Golfball selfie
E7EDAB91-9CD8-4E4A-A347-88B01D293955.jpeg

Apparently, my future looks very similar to my present, except with better waves.
ED718E0F-F5A1-40DF-8366-F5E2C999CA7F.jpeg

28762EBB-36B4-4389-B802-1CFE4FBD9A10.jpeg

CCEEC633-AA6F-419A-87EE-84273D52F2B1.jpeg

We passed the kiosk that was selling the wild mushroom risotto. I wasn't particularly hungry but I knew the portion was tiny, and yummy, so I got one. And a wee glass of merlot.
3300581B-23A1-4D0E-815E-1627A923886E.jpeg

Yummy but small and a tad cold.

We headed to the skyliner. Destination: Hollywood for extra magic hours!!!

Skyliner selfie
ABC17E41-910E-4574-B158-93559686559E.jpeg

D32C1997-70D4-4EBE-8B2F-300BDB8CF46F.jpeg

M enjoyed the skyliner. Such a relaxing way to travel. I appreciate the quietness and calm one can have, all while in the middle, or over the middle of the maddness.

Our first stop once inside HWS
8DCB05EE-43AE-41ED-AE34-B37867C0F2EA.jpeg

0748BCE9-DC8A-449E-97CE-F91FEB96ED52.jpeg

I only wish I had gotten it earlier. So good!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday Februry 9th cont

Toy Story midway mania was a walk on. Slinky was 30. We decided we would do Toy Story then end our day with SDD.
75C361B3-548F-4E38-BDDD-BC22EADABEDD.jpeg

B9DE71A0-4B5F-4EE6-A36E-E3439285AA11.jpeg

It’s a number 9. I always take pictures of the number nines in the queue of this ride, of which there are a lot, and send to my oldest because 9 is his number. I asked the CM near the 3-D glasses why there are so many nines in the queue. I have never been able to figure it out. She said she hadn't even noticed before. I know I have asked here before but anyone have a clue why most of the cards are number nine???
D818DEF4-B906-4BBE-8870-F0A3B95F3B4D.jpeg

C79E0F4E-5373-41A9-8383-4A3F69E08D68.jpeg

D5DACC8F-FF1F-4B63-A067-99661A1DABC7.jpeg

I kicked M’s butt. Not that I did fabulous. My accuracy is not very good.

We exited and SDD was now an hour wait. Seems everyone had the same idea as we did. We had popcorn and bottled water so it was ok. In the end it was only 45 minutes and was an awesome way to end our day.
SDD at night >SDD in the day
916A81D5-8809-4317-96D9-18CDDE82ECB6.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
I have no idea. Good point!
Anyone know about this?
@Back!Elbow!Shoulders! any idea???

The entire land is set during the current trilogy. Han Solo is deceased, but should be well known, especially in a place like black spire outpost. You’re likely right about the CM just being dedicated to the initial “no”they gave you.

My understanding is that SW:GE is set between episodes 8 and 9.

So Han should be pretty famous or (infamous) but not physically present at this point.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The entire land is set during the current trilogy. Han Solo is deceased, but should be well known, especially in a place like black spire outpost. You’re likely right about the CM just being dedicated to the initial “no”they gave you.
My understanding is that SW:GE is set between episodes 8 and 9.

So Han should be pretty famous or (infamous) but not physically present at this point.

Thanks!
giphy.gif

DisneyGigi

Sunday Februry 9th cont

Toy Story midway mania was a walk on. Slinky was 30. We decided we would do Toy Story then end our day with SDD.
View attachment 451322

View attachment 451323

It’s a number 9. I always take pictures of the number nines in the queue of this ride, of which there are a lot, and send to my oldest because 9 is his number. I asked the CM near the 3-D glasses why there are so many nines in the queue. I have never been able to figure it out. She said she hadn't even noticed before. I know I have asked here before but anyone have a clue why most of the cards are number nine???
View attachment 451324

View attachment 451325

View attachment 451326

I kicked M’s butt. Not that I did fabulous. My accuracy is not very good.

We exited and SDD was now an hour wait. Seems everyone had the same idea as we did. We had popcorn and bottled water so it was ok. In the end it was only 45 minutes and was an awesome way to end our day.
SDD at night >SDD in the day
View attachment 451327
I really hope somebody answers the 9 question, because I have wondered if it is a nod to the Nine Old Men?

Ears to Disney

Here for the fun of another Darstarr adventure!!

Fist week of December I called DVC to ask a random question and the woman on the other end of the phone asked if I was calling about my BLT waitlist. “Oh gosh no,” I said (I actually said “gosh no”), “I know there is no way I will ever get that.”
“Well you just did. It just went through.”
giphy.gif

Yay! BLT!!!

WOOO!! Jackpot!! I have had BLT on my wait list for what seems like 5 visits now and never comes through. I keep hoping! :)

BEST NUMBER! My favorite...it has also been my hockey number for 19 years. :)

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 10th

Good morning!
This is what Bay Lake looks like at 6:46am
8BD4CC0F-5A3D-4CE6-8371-77585B825FC2.jpeg

And 6:47am
BE57EBA7-B680-4601-9CB3-E6DF638D7A67.jpeg

This is what the Contemporary looks like at 6:47am
31D6D3B7-42B1-4F0A-ADB3-471DA0AE5568.jpeg

And this is what breakfast looks like when you couldn’t get a FoP FP and are attempting to rope drop it.
8202F2BF-D482-4733-BB88-F60356487CEC.jpeg

At least the garbage can is clean. And for those of you wondering, it’s GREEN TEA!! Who do you think I am? @riverside ???😂

This is what two happy friends look like taking a selfie with THE Tree of Life.
D1528CF0-F567-4E29-819F-978112818DB7.jpeg

And this is what a Disney Legend looks like:
C57D6AE2-F580-4863-88F5-D362BA86097D.jpeg

47E8EF95-8CD5-432B-A43E-F21197713A53.jpeg

DEA72896-DF8D-4F6E-A1FD-1896CEC4305F.jpeg

We were walking merrily along into Pandora, following the crowds and I see a small film set. There was a dark background so I could not see who it was but I knew. I just knew. You know how sometimes you just know? It was like that. I knew.

I stopped and had a little freakout moment. M didn't know exactly what was going on but he knew enough by my behavior that it was someone. I snapped the photos and looked at everyone just scurrying by, totally oblivious to who was here. Right here. I swear he looked at me as I was having my little 🤩moment. No one else gave him the time of day.

We continued onto the line for FoP.
19B54E7D-E8F4-45F7-9C71-EDBE4A8E0092.jpeg

🌴❤️
6147E5B8-2D13-4A53-B291-0A2FECA676D5.jpeg

The line took a lot longer than it should have. I have done standby before, many times, so I kinda know how long it should take. Usually during extra magic hours in the morning they send everyone through the FP line. I think at some point we were redirected to the standby line. (My theory in the next post) At that point there was a CM directing us and we were stopped a little bit and I asked what Joe was filming for.
“Who?”
We went into a part of the queue I do not ever remember seeing. There was a bathroom!!!
M and I got ino a conversation about how that works. Do you fight to rejoin your party? That could cause some ruffled feathers. Does the party step out of line then rejoin the line when done using the restroom? I think this would be even worse and cause even more ruffled feathers.
With that a young lady says, “excuse me, I was in the bathroom can I please pass to catch up with my brother?”
“Yes, yes you may and that answers that question.”

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 10 cont

We finally got to see David, @UnhealthilyObsessed friend, also known as the UM guy.
B3FF6C50-304E-4FE1-BDD8-F3432FAF9A91.jpeg

We had a great ride! M loved it!

After we got off I looked for Joe but he was gone.

I have Insta but rarely go on, except during baseball season. Some of those Dodger games end too late for me so I will check scores and highlights etc. I follow Joe Rohde so the next day I went on to see what he had to say. He must have written 500 words on David the Um guy. It was a really interesting post saying how he is suppose to make is uncomfortable with his ummms. But the best part is when he (David) says “...and fly”. And he says it with such disbelief that it makes the rider excited. (Paraphrasing Joe’s post)

So my theory as to why FoP took so long: Joe clearly rode it that day. Did they redirect us to the regular queue and sneak him in the exit to ride while we were going back and forth and back and forth?? I think so. But it is ok. I saw Joe Rohde!!!😍

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom