The one and only Virtual Junior Jungle Boats Thread

DigitalDisney

Original Poster
As you probably know, I am writing a progam which lets you experience Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats from your own PC.

This thread is where I will post all of my updates and information.

4/26/03 - Tech Demo #1 has been updated. For those of you who can't run it for some reason, you can now see an error message.

Also, the Jungle Cruise area sound has been significantly improved.

4/25/03 - Tech Demo #1 has been released

Honestly, it's not a lot, yet it does so much. All I have right now is some audio for you to listen to, however this audio will put you right in the middle of the action. You will hear the tiki drums coming from the left side, Jungle Cruise sounds from the right, and you will faintly hear the Swiss Family Treehouse loop in front of you (The Jungle Cruise sounds will be improved in the future). It sounds like you are really there in front of Shrunken Neds. Close your eyes and imagine...

To run, extract the files to a directory, and run 3d.exe. The program should start up automatically.

Note: This is a Windows program. The code will be cross platform, but I am only compiling it for Windows at the moment.

wdwcrazy

This isn't working for me. When I go to open it a box from msdos opens up, says somthing and closes. It closes too fast for me to read whati s says. It extracts from winzip fine but when I go to run the program I get this error.

DigitalDisney

Original Poster
Wdwcrazy (and others who may be experiencing difficulties): I made soem changes to make the program a little friendlier. Download the newest version of Tech Demo #1 and let me know what your problem is.

DigitalDisney

Original Poster
Kevlightyear: When I get this thing to a decent state, I will try to compile it for Mac users. The code should easily compile for other platforms (Unix, Mac, Sun, SGI, etc).

Turbogames: This is a 'game' that I am working on right now.

All I have for you now are sounds that set the mood for things to come.

Put on a set of headphones, close your eyes and listen while the sounds of Adventureland put you in the middle of the action.

kevlightyear

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
Kevlightyear: When I get this thing to a decent state, I will try to compile it for Mac users. The code should easily compile for other platforms (Unix, Mac, Sun, SGI, etc).

Yeah! You rock!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom