Trip Report The ONE© that was ONE (day.)April 2021 *Complete

Hello friends and lurkers.

For those who don’t know me, and as a refresher for those who do, hi. I am Darstarr. A California native now living on Long Island and p*ssed off about it😂

My last trip was for my birthday in March but I did not do a proper TR for that. If I had, it would have been called The ONE where I find all the glitches. Or The ONE where I change my name to Venelope. Yeah, I like that one.
There are some random photos and drunken @wdisney9000 posts from the March trip in my February TR. If you haven't read that one I suggest you skip to the end. That’s when it really gets good😂🍻🥂🍹🍾

So why am I going for one day? Well, because I want to? I can? I need new flatware?
All of the above.

Again, some of you know, my oldest son goes to school and plays lacrosse in southern Florida. His season usually starts in February. But it didnt. By my birthday trip in March they were getting ready to start but his conference would not allow spectators.
Tom Cruise What GIF

I know. Makes no sense right? An outdoor sport in Florida!!! We were allowed to go to our other two boys football games here in New York. Up is down, down is up.

Wednesday I am driving home from work and my husband calls me:
“Did you check your email?”
“Dude” (yes I say dude, Californian remember?) “I am driving”.
Him: “They are allowing two spectators per player starting Saturday.”
Me: “Book flights I am on my way home!!!”
My husband, now known as Tone thanks to 9000 and his lovely wife, C, is staying on Florida for work. (And he will go to Wednesdays game as long as he is still around😉).

When I was shopping in HWS on my last day back in March I found some really cute flatware with Mickey’s on them. I wanted to buy a set or three but did not think I could get them home in my carry on. Remember my friend R, the shopper? (From my Poly trip in Sept with the shower that spit 🔥) R found me a set at a Disney store here on the Island. Said store checked all other LI stores and there are no more to be had. So I suggested to Tone that we drive up to WDW and I can get two more sets. And while we are there we will hit up Epcot. Then, I can leave from MCO. Easy peasy.

We booked our flights after dinner on Wednesday. Then I looked at DVC availability. Tone suggested OKW so I booked it.
I could not sleep all night. I had buyers remorse. I did not want to stay at OKW. OKW is a lovely resort but it is not a one night kinda place. I wanted Boardwalk and I had seen a one BR when I was searching. We didn’t need a one BR but that was ok. In the morning I checked DVC and it was gone.
Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

But there was a one BR at Beach Club so I booked that!
Yay!!!

(Disclaimer: I checked to make sure there was park pass availability before booking a room.)

I will try and report live. Since it is only a one day trip to WDW I won’t drag it out😂

If anything peculiar or funny or interesting or delicious happens before we get to wdw I will share because I am good like that😎

Lastly, there are going to be quite a few Magicians around wdw this weekend. If you see me please please please say hello!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Late To The Party GIF by MOODMAN
But better late than never! You certainly packed a lot into those two days in FL!!! Congrats to your son on his award. So fun that you got to meet up with some magicians on the trip. Loved all your storytelling. Glad you made it home safely after your flight cancellation in Baltimore! Do you have anymore WDW trips planned in the near future??? I arrive on 4/25-5/2!
Alas, no more trips planned. Does not mean I won’t squeak one in somewhere.

I hope you have a great time and thanks for reading!
better late than never bltn GIF by NBC

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday morning I had planned on a little pool time but it was somewhat chilly so I headed to Epcot after breakfast.

After the butterfly garden I thought I might grab a beer and meander. I headed toward Mexico and saw this beauty...and some princesses too.

62D70B6C-AA35-4847-8BFE-5959F215C4BC.jpeg

589C7F86-31DB-455E-975D-247E57F14264.jpeg

97516799-DC0B-4C7A-BA9E-9D9B49810F77.jpeg

DC2DB1CD-2EFB-4892-82B4-1552348E5B4D.jpeg

Why do they need so many 💩 cleaners for one horse??? Train some of these CM’s to work on the Epcot monorail line and get that open.
Geesh!!! Do I have to do everything???

whose a good boy???
45968986-DAAA-403F-B689-FA285424D386.jpeg

And although I wasn’t terribly hungry I thought I would grab a slice to tide me over until I got home (original eta was 10:00pm)

I never had Via Napoli pizza and no one ever told me how humungous the slices are.
Napoli...I was expecting a Neapolitan pizza. Nope. It was more like a Sicilian which was odd.

The ingredients were high quality and fresh but the proportions, for me, were off. If you are going to have such a thick crust the sauce really should be more flavorful. Just my two cents but my maiden name has a derivative of napoli in it, so there is that. 😉
5001202C-9C3F-4B4D-BFE1-19D15171DC7A.jpeg

And this beautiful area for, napkins. All this lovely counter space with one napkin dispenser😂(not pictured)
9AB086AA-9007-4044-B634-BB06E810AF01.jpeg

I really wanted some dessert because I had not had any but I was so full. How full? I did not even stop for a Grande Marnier slushie in France (shhh, don’t tell @DisneyGigi )

I headed back to the Beach Club to retrive my luggage from bell services. I walked by and gave the CM a wave on my way to the ladies room. Do you know, he had my luggage waiting for me when I got done in the ladies room? Great memory, great customer service!

I waited in the foyer and had one last chance to say hi and bye to @Loco_driver and the lovely A. They are so fun! And nice!

You know what happened next. I flew to Baltimore then the plane that was suppose to fly us from Baltimore to LI broke. We waited for a new plane which took almost 4 hours. I could have driven home faster😂

My plane touched down about 1:15 am. Tone had left his car at the airport for me (it is our local town airport and we have free resident parking 👍), and I was off the plane in a jiffy (took the first seat with overhead bin storage. Row 4 middle seat dont care! 46 minute flight-I can deal!). I was in the car by 1:30 home by 1:45, in bed by 2:00, up at 6:00🤦🏼‍♀️
tired canadian GIF by CBC

I know the question everyone is asking....
Did I find the flatware?(some of you are asking what the heck IS flatware)
035819B5-407F-4C72-8076-6DF13504F7AF.jpeg

The answer is....
I think so.
I have two sets on hold at the Times Square Disney store in NYC and R the shopper is going into the city Friday and will pick them up for me. Yay!

I have nothing on the books as far as Disney trips. I have an overnight to Boca the first week of May for a lacrosse game but zero chance of getting to wdw at that time.

Until I am able to return, I hope to stay current through all of you and your trip reports and comments! So keep posting and be well....

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The pizza you had at the Via Napoli window isn't the same as in the restaurant. I don't know why they aren't the same. I haven't tried the stuff from the window but the restaurant is thinner and better in my opinion.

Bummer about the flight delay, I hate those. Good that you might get your flatware though!

TheMouseFan

What a fun quick trip! Thanks for sharing it with us! That pizza looks good, but it does not look like the pizza we had while dining inside at Via Napoli. I am assuming they are two totally different varieties, however, it has been quite a few years since we ate there, so it could have changed!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Pizza al Taglio is not even in the same stratosphere as Via Napoli.

0F180814-32C2-4DC1-9926-DF132E697682.png

My Little Caesar’s deep dish slice tonight looked exactly like the pic you posted. Matter of fact the entire pizza was cheaper than your single slice. 🤣

Next trip try Via Napoli pizza. The real deal.

Sorry I missed you by a couple hours! Jelly of the fun you had without me! (Well except the “trying to get home” part. I had enough of my own fun trying to get home.)

Thanks for allowing me to virtually tag along. 😁

BrerWayne

Monday morning I had planned on a little pool time but it was somewhat chilly so I headed to Epcot after breakfast.

After the butterfly garden I thought I might grab a beer and meander. I headed toward Mexico and saw this beauty...and some princesses too.

View attachment 548856
View attachment 548857
View attachment 548858
View attachment 548859

Why do they need so many 💩 cleaners for one horse??? Train some of these CM’s to work on the Epcot monorail line and get that open.

whose a good boy???
View attachment 548860

And although I wasn’t terribly hungry I thought I would grab a slice to tide me over until I got home (original eta was 10:00pm)

I never had Via Napoli pizza and no one ever told me how humungous the slices are.
Napoli...I was expecting a Neapolitan pizza. Nope. It was more like a Sicilian which was odd.

The ingredients were high quality and fresh but the proportions, for me, were off. If you are going to have such a thick crust the sauce really should be more flavorful. Just my two cents but my maiden name has a derivative of napoli in it, so there is that. 😉
View attachment 548862
And this beautiful area for, napkins. All this lovely counter space with one napkin dispenser😂(not pictured)
View attachment 548863

I really wanted some dessert because I had not had any but I was so full. How full? I did not even stop for a Grande Marnier slushie in France (shhh, don’t tell @DisneyGigi )

I headed back to the Beach Club to retrive my luggage from bell services. I walked by and gave the CM a wave on my way to the ladies room. Do you know, he had my luggage waiting for me when I got done in the ladies room? Great memory, great customer service!

I waited in the foyer and had one last chance to say hi and bye to @Loco_driver and the lovely A. They are so fun! And nice!

You know what happened next. I flew to Baltimore then the plane that was suppose to fly us from Baltimore to LI broke. We waited for a new plane which took almost 4 hours. I could have driven home faster😂

My plane touched down about 1:15 am. Tone had left his car at the airport for me (it is our local town airport and we have free resident parking 👍), and I was off the plane in a jiffy (took the first seat with overhead bin storage. Row 4 middle seat dont care! 46 minute flight-I can deal!). I was in the car by 1:30 home by 1:45, in bed by 2:00, up at 6:00🤦🏼‍♀️

View attachment 548851
The answer is....
I think so.
I have two sets on hold at the Times Square Disney store in NYC and R the shopper is going into the city Friday and will pick them up for me. Yay!

I have nothing on the books as far as Disney trips. I have an overnight to Boca the first week of May for a lacrosse game but zero chance of getting to wdw at that time.

Until I am able to return, I hope to stay current through all of you and your trip reports and comments! So keep posting and be well....
No more @Darstarr trip reports for the foreseeable future. I am disappoint😔

Songbird76

View attachment 548856
View attachment 548857
View attachment 548858
View attachment 548859

whose a good boy???
View attachment 548860

View attachment 548862
View attachment 548863

View attachment 548851
The answer is....
I think so.

I am pretty sure I heard/read somewhere that the pizza window does not serve the same pizza as the restaurant, which is really weird and makes no sense. But the stuff we had at the restaurant was always the thinner crust and was fantastic. Granted, I'm originally from Wyoming and now live in the Netherlands, neither of which are known for their Italian cuisine or their pizza. In fact, what passes for pizza in the Netherlands is really not great...I miss the stuff from Wyoming, which I bet has NOTHING on pizza where you are! So my bar for pizza is set pretty low. But Via Napoli is a must-do for us because it's SO much better than anything we've gotten here. But it seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The pizza you had at the Via Napoli window isn't the same as in the restaurant. I don't know why they aren't the same. I haven't tried the stuff from the window but the restaurant is thinner and better in my opinion.

Bummer about the flight delay, I hate those. Good that you might get your flatware though!
Thank you for all that.
Episode 7 Monica GIF by Friends

And thanks for reading!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What a fun quick trip! Thanks for sharing it with us! That pizza looks good, but it does not look like the pizza we had while dining inside at Via Napoli. I am assuming they are two totally different varieties, however, it has been quite a few years since we ate there, so it could have changed!
It is totally different pizza. I thought I was going to grab a slice and move on. This thing was a serious commitment! I did not finish it but once my flight was delayed I was so so happy I had stuffed myself.
Season 6 Pizza GIF by Friends

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom