the old feeling is gone.... or at least reduced a lot..

Goofyernmost

We just returned after a 3 1/2 year absence and to us it is still the Disney "bubble " and we totally enjoyed ourselves. Will we go back next year.... probably not. The service at restaurants and quick service was excellent but the choices of food offered was limited. Also we missed fast pass and chose not to wait in lines therefore maybe going on 25% of the rides we would normally go on. Focused on entertainment instead. Europe or Hawaii next year 😊
And there you have it from someone that totally (?) enjoyed themselves except for the parts that most of us go to WDW to experience. I can get food anywhere, but if I were a foody and relied on Disney to be arms above when it came to culinary items it takes away a large part of the experience. Same goes for not being able to go to the attractions. I can see shows on TV but I cannot ride the attractions anywhere but there. So what's left? To me, nothing! I do not have a desire to spend hundreds of dollars to get into a theme park only to look at the buildings, creative as they might be.

Chi84

Premium Member
We just returned after a 3 1/2 year absence and to us it is still the Disney "bubble " and we totally enjoyed ourselves. Will we go back next year.... probably not. The service at restaurants and quick service was excellent but the choices of food offered was limited. Also we missed fast pass and chose not to wait in lines therefore maybe going on 25% of the rides we would normally go on. Focused on entertainment instead. Europe or Hawaii next year 😊
The limited food offerings may well be attributable to ongoing supply and labor shortages. We have the same issues at our restaurants in Chicago. Reduced menus are the norm these days.

As far as the rides, we bought Genie+ and ILLs. Unfortunately, for the way we do the parks, that’s the only way to avoid lines. But I understand people not wanting to spend the extra money. We miss FP+.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves regardless.

epcotWSC

On my latest trip, I will say food quality has gone downhill at a lot at the official Disney restaurants.

Be Our Guest especially is the most overpriced garbage for the price point. The original menu when it first opened was so much better. The fact that they charge character meal prices and then some at lunch time just because the Beast walks through the room for a minute is terrible... or do they want to call this upscale signature dining? I'd rather Topolino's or even Chef Mickey's breakfasts at that rate.

Most of my meals overall were unimpressive. I'll throw the shout-out to Sebastian's as the best overall on this trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom