The "O'hana Means 'family'" Sept Pre-Trip Report !!!

Well this is the first time I have done a PTR. DW and I are very excited about it. We both share this user name, so we are definitely both involved with this PTR, and will be for our TR. (I am dreading the trip being over to even do a TR, so I won't think about that right now lol.

I will start with introductions!

I am Chris!
SDC11433.jpg

25 years old, born and raised in South Florida, moved to Charlotte NC with my DW in 2008. I personally have been to Disney 20+ times. As a kid, and oldest of 4, we had annual passes and went all of the time. I love everything Disney, will never get tired of it, and am trying my darndest to pass those special memories to my children.....

First things first, I had to get my DW involved!!! When I first got with her in 2006, she had a "Disney is for kids, it's 'ok'" type of outlook. Fast-forward to today, planning our second trip together, we are 61 days out, she's already started packing, has a minute to minute itinerary written down, and knows the parks like the back of her hand!! (I am a good teacher lol)

My beautiful DW Charlotte!!
SDC11430.jpg

She's 28 years old, and a very fresh Disney Dork, and loves everything Disney!!!

Next coming on the trip will be my 23 year old Brother Jeremy.
SDC11395.jpg

He is my right-hand man. We grew up together (me 2 years his senior), and all my Disney memories as a child and adult include him.

Next is my DS4 Zachary, and beautiful DD12 Sophia!!!
SDC11418.jpg

On our last trip our DS4 was only 2 1/2 and he was very limited in what he could do at the parks. We had to go back mid-day for naps, and it was a very tiresome trip for the little guy. But he had an absolute blast!!!

SDC11733.jpg

This time around, he will get to do SO many things that he didnt get to do in 2010...splash, BTMR, Haunted Mansion etc. He is so excited, as are we, to share these new memories with him !!

Also, my DD12, has never been to EPCOT and DHS so this will be such an amazing trip.

Now that the introductions are over, let me give a little detail on our trip plans!!!

We will be leaving from work mid-day Friday September 14th and driving from Charlotte NC to Port Orleans Riverside for 10 days, 9 nights of free dinning and parks!!!! We hope to arrive somewhere around 10:30-11:30pm. (My wife says 9....but thats with driving an average of 110 mph, something she will do if it means more Disney time lol) Once there, we will unpack, unwind, and relax.

Saturday
This day will include a drive over to the Polynesian resort for infamous tonga toast (first time ever having it) at Captain Cooks, enjoy the sights of the Polynesian, then spend the afternoon at POR pool until we head over to the Boardwalk (first time being there also) for dinner at Cape May Cafe (another first for us). We really can't wait until we eat at Cape May. DW and I are very much looking forward to all you can eat crab legs!!!! Mmmmmmm

Sunday
This day will include waking up bright and early, and taking the bus to Magic Kingdom!!! We will be participating in the Pirates League for the kiddo's!! We will have QS meals at Cosmic Rays and Peco Bills for lunch and dinner, then see Wishes, and enjoy EMH till midnight!!!

Monday
We will be waking up and heading over to O'hana's for a character breakfast with our families favorite Stitch!!! Of course Lilo, Pluto and Mickey is icing on the cake!! We really loved our time at O'hana dinner in '10 and have heard nothing but great things for the breakfast. The activities and characters of course are a big selling point for us as well!!! After breakfast we will be relaxing at our pool again, the fishing hole, then taking the boat to DTD for dinner at Raglan Road!!!! Mom and Dad are VERY excited about this dinner. We are a family that thoroughly enjoys everything about DTD. The shops, the music, the lights, the sights....and us adults have great memories from the Raglan Road hole in the wall bar from our last trip!!! So its a special place for us. We have never had dinner there and are very much looking forward to it.

Tuesday
We will be waking up bright and early to head to Animal Kingdom for a great day of thrills and animal sightings. Dinner that night will be at me and my brothers favorite, O'hana Dinner!!! Us adults (of course) are very much looking foward to one (or two) of these babies again!!!

IMG_0148.jpg

*Kona in 2010 where we were introduced to this marvelous beverage

Wednesday
Oh Wednesday! This, oh man, this day is the one we are looking forward to the most!!! EPCOT!!!! Our favorite park!! We will be enjoying a nice, long day of the world showcase, future world and of course amazing dinning! Lunch this day will be at Le Cellier (our first time) then dinner at Rose and Crown (if we can get patio seats, if not then we will try to walk up and eat at Via Napoli, Tepan Edo or Coral Reef). Illuminations will follow, then more time drinking around the world until midnight!!!!

Thursday
This day is a day for relaxing, and probably curing a hang over after night EMH's at EPCOT!!! We have no parks, but breakfast at Chef Mickeys, then dinner at TRex. My DS4 is realllllly looking forward to TRex....as are we!!! I can't wait to try the meso-bones!!!

Friday
Today we take it to sunset boulevard for the glitz and glamour of Disneys Hollywood studios!!! DD12 has never been, and we can't wait to take her on RnRC, TT and TSM !!! My DW has not experienced the backlot tour, stunt show or indiana jones.....also, none of us have been on the updated star tours, so thats top of the list as well!!! We will have lunch at 50's primetime. We loved loved loved our time there in 2010, and can't wait to include DD12 (hope she keeps her elbows off the table) In all my times at Disney, I have regrettably never seen fantasmic! So we will be seeing it this night, and boy are we all excited!!!

*Friday night after fantasmic! We plan to take a boat from DHS to boardwalk to enjoy a surprise for the kids at Beaches and Cream where we will order us the kitchen sink. We can't wait to see their faces as the waiter brings that out!!!!!

Saturday
Our last park day :( We will be doubling down and heading back to Magic Kingdom for the end of what is sure to be a fantastic vacation!!! We will be arriving before the park opens for breakfast ressies at Crystal Palace. DD12 loves piglet, so this will be a special occasion. We also can't wait to experience an almost empty MK getting to arrive before rope drops for breakfast. We will again have QS meals throughout the day, and end with wishes!!!!

Sunday
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't want this day to get here. Heck, I didnt even want to get to it on my PTR lol. We will be going to wolf gang puck express for breakfast at DTD. Then take everything in, before driving back home to Charlotte NC (of course we will stop and get a publix sub on the way home!!!!)

So our 9 sit down ADR's look like so:
Saturday: Cape May Dinner
Monday: O'hana breakfast, Raglan Road Dinner
Tuesday: O'hana dinner
Wednesday: Le Cellier lunch, Rose and Crown dinner
Thursday: Chef Mickey breakfast, TRex Dinner
Friday: 50s primetime
Saturday: OOP Crystal Palace breakfast

We will be renting a strollers from Kingdom Strollers, Already have photopass+ and our trip is paid off!!!!

We will be sure to take plenty of pictures, we are soooooo close at only 61 days out from today!!! I will be coming back if I start going crazy before then (I already am)

We will also be sure to have a detailed TR after it's all over, but I don't want to think about that right now :(

Thanks for reading!!! See ya real soon!!!!

plaz10

Plans sound fantastic. So fantastic because they look a lot like ours! haha. Similar dates in September and similar ADRs. We are doing Ohana breakfast and dinner (surprise to my fiance, I told him we aren't doing dinner at Ohana) and Le Cellier and CP Breakfast! All good things. Hope you guys have a blast!

nngrendel

You are arriving the day we are leaving. So sorry to tell you but time is going to slow way down the week before your trip. I have already arranged for time to slow down starting on Sept 8th.

Mr_Incredible

Original Poster
Just took a look at your ADR's. Looks so much like mine. I will call Dining to inform them they need to get extra groceries at these restaurants to accommodate the both of us. Extra kegs will need to be ordered for the Rose and Crown along with Ragland Road.
Yes they will! I already have my sights on the imperial sampler at RnC. Raglan Road will be need extra kegs of smithwicks with all the times Ill be taking the boat to DTD for some hoppy goodness!!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
You got a nice trip set up there. Love the ADRs.
Cape May used to be a first night tradition for us because my daughter and I loved tearing up the all you can eat clams and mussels.
My wife and son don't eat clams or mussels so after 4 years we had to concede and try something new.
If you're into shellfish you should have a blast.

Enjoy!

minnielaw

Congrats on the first PTR! I am working on my first PTR also for my trip in late September. Your ADR's look great and we are doing many of the same....Le Cellier, Ohana, Rose & Crown, Cape May.

I agree with Enchanted_Belle...we are going to burn the boards up with September TR's! I really hope I catch a glimpse of someone from the forums while at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom