deleted

prberk

But, a GREAT addiction to have!!! There's nothing like the sound of vinyl, (the human ear processes sound in analog, not digital which is why vinyl sounds sooo much "warmer"), the smell of vinyl and reading liner notes!

There is no better way to listen to Dire Straits Brothers in Arms album, especially the slides in "So Far Away".

Digital is convenient for sure. But that "warmth" is real.

Smiley/OCD

This just in....Sears is OPENING 3 new "Home & Life" branded stores in Anchorage, Alaska, Layette, Louisiana and Overland Park, Kansas...the stores will average about 15,000 square feet as opposed to the average 100,000 sq ft normal Sears store.
The stores will not have ANY soft lines i.e. apparel, etc. and will instead focus on appliances, tools, mattresses and gardening. They will also expand their Die Hard tool line (now that they sold the Craftsman name) and will be working more closely with Amazon.

Not to pat myself on the back, (but I will, lol), this was just the direction I said Sears should take to attempt a return to profitability. The only area I would add to the mix is automotive i.e. tires, batteries and repairs. Gee, I guess Eddie Lampert DOES read this thread!!

TwilightZone

This just in....Sears is OPENING 3 new "Home & Life" branded stores in Anchorage, Alaska, Layette, Louisiana and Overland Park, Kansas...the stores will average about 15,000 square feet as opposed to the average 100,000 sq ft normal Sears store.
The stores will not have ANY soft lines i.e. apparel, etc. and will instead focus on appliances, tools, mattresses and gardening. They will also expand their Die Hard tool line (now that they sold the Craftsman name) and will be working more closely with Amazon.

Not to pat myself on the back, (but I will, lol), this was just the direction I said Sears should take to attempt a return to profitability. The only area I would add to the mix is automotive i.e. tires, batteries and repairs. Gee, I guess Eddie Lampert DOES read this thread!!
Wow, I can't believe he is actually doing it! I hope it's successful!

flynnibus

Premium Member

So... they'll compete with home depot and lowes... but have mattresses too. Don't see it working...

flynnibus

Premium Member
The smaller footprint might work out well in their favor. When we go to lowes/home depot, there is a lot and it takes a long time to find stuff. The small stores could really benefit for people who want to run in, get a few items, and run out.

Get a few items and run out in appliances? They aren't going to carry the business on garden tools.

lazyboy97o

The smaller footprint might work out well in their favor. When we go to lowes/home depot, there is a lot and it takes a long time to find stuff. The small stores could really benefit for people who want to run in, get a few items, and run out.
So what makes Sears better than an Ace Hardware?

Goofyernmost

What I have found with those huge stores like Lowes and HD is that they have a lot of stuff, but, it is a lot of the same thing. As far as variety and uniqueness the smaller hardware stores have much more variety of items instead of quantities of the same thing. JMHO!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What I have found with those huge stores like Lowes and HD is that they have a lot of stuff, but, it is a lot of the same thing. As far as variety and uniqueness the smaller hardware stores have much more variety of items instead of quantities of the same thing. JMHO!

Just mentioning that I like smaller hardware stores (even though there is a place for H. Depot, Lowes and Sears). The reason is that my local True Value has nice people that assist you, and even greet you, when you walk in the door.

Goodness knows, I'm a deer in the headlights in hardware stores (truly pathetic . . . LOL). Often, I'm not sure what to buy. The men that work there can always figure out the correct item I need. :)

StarWarsGirl

I had a marketing professor who said this about four years ago! He was right, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom