The official lineup for this year's 'Eat to the Beat Concert Series' announced

dreamscometrue

Same boring throwback bands every year - I know it's "free" entertainment, but I wish a world-class theme park would provide world-class entertainment instead of these state fair relics.

It seems as though Disney knows what to book judging by the replies on this thread and the fact that in my experience, the shows are always well attended. Not only do lots of people show up, they seem to be having a blast. As long as Disney keeps seeing these crowds and reactions, there is no reason to go looking for other 'free' acts to support the Food and Wine Festival.

Rock on man!

Same boring throwback bands every year - I know it's "free" entertainment, but I wish a world-class theme park would provide world-class entertainment instead of these state fair relics.

These are popular, well attended shows. Maybe it isn't your taste in music, but they are well liked every year. Bigger names would need a bigger venue - the America Gardens theater can hold only so many people.

Name some artists you feel would be a better fit.

Communicore

I wonder if Disneyland has Food and Wine and if so, will these be the same acts there? I don't think so, I think these are geared for a WDW crowd.

71jason

These are popular, well attended shows. Maybe it isn't your taste in music, but they are well liked every year. Bigger names would need a bigger venue - the America Gardens theater can hold only so many people.

Name some artists you feel would be a better fit.

Also, when you have an event largely centered around the consumption of alcohol--and that's what Food & Wine is--I can understand a desire to cater to those in their 30s and 40s rather than those in their teens or even college years. For a host of reasons.

gamblepsu

I saw Sister Hazel last year, watched every set, they are amazing. I had their album 'Somewhere More Familiar' when I was a kid, loved it, and somehow missed out on all the subsequent albums. After seeing them at F&W 2011, I've bought every album (Chasing Daylight is my favorite), seen them two more times, and will definitely see them again at this years Eat to the Beat! Just a suggestion if you're unsure who to see this year:)

Here's a video of their finale last year, when they brought all their kids onstage to sing along! Really nice moment...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiIk9sHtzJw&feature=related

Heres's one I filmed of a medley of a bunch of their songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8acIm9MaEs
Chasing Daylight is definitely their best complete album. :sohappy:

jakeman

Also, when you have an event largely centered around the consumption of alcohol--and that's what Food & Wine is--I can understand a desire to cater to those in their 30s and 40s rather than those in their teens or even college years. For a host of reasons.
This is pretty much it.

2008 is when they got their act together regarding the concerts and figured out their target audience.

Here is 2007's artist list (from the archive here)

Sept. 28-29 -- Al Stewart
Sept. 30-Oct. 1 -- Otis Day and the Knights
Oct. 2-3 -- The Beach Boys
Oct. 4-6 -- The Original Family Stone
Oct. 7-9 -- Sheena Easton
Oct. 10-13 -- Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
Oct. 14-16 -- David Cassidy
Oct. 17-18 -- Little Richard
Oct. 19-21 -- Juice Newton
Oct. 22-25 -- The Four Tops
Oct. 26-27 -- The Village People
Oct. 28-30 -- The Outlaws
Oct. 31-Nov. 3 -- Jon Secada
Nov. 4-6 -- Chubby Checker & The Wildcats
Nov. 7-8 -- The Contours featuring Sylvester Potts
Nov. 9-11 -- David Sanborn

And here is 2008:

Sept. 26-27 Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (NEW) “You & Me & The Bottle Makes 3 Tonight (Baby)”
Sept. 28-30 Sheena Easton (2 Grammys) “Morning Train (Nine to Five)”
Oct. 1-4 Starship starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
Oct. 5-7 En Vogue (NEW) “Hold On”
Oct. 8-9 Jonny Lang (NEW, 1 Grammy) “Lie to Me”
Oct. 10-12 Peabo Bryson (NEW, 2 Grammys) “If Ever You’re in My Arms Again”
Oct. 13-14 Sister Hazel (NEW) “All for You”
Oct. 15-16 David Sanborn (6 Grammys) “Lesley Ann”
Oct. 17-18 Jon Secada (2 Grammys) “Just Another Day”
Oct. 19-21 Spyro Gyra (NEW) “Morning Dance”
Oct. 22-23 Otis Day & the Knights “Shout”
Oct. 24-26 Exposé “Point of No Return”
Oct. 27-28 Kool & The Gang (1 Grammy) “Celebration”
Oct. 29-30 Boyz II Men (NEW, 4 Grammys) “End of the Road”
Oct. 31-Nov. 2 Atlanta Rhythm Section (NEW) “So Into You”
Nov. 3-5 David Cassidy “I Think I Love You”
Nov. 6-7 Night Ranger (NEW) “Sister Christian”
Nov. 8-9 Los Lobos (NEW, 3 Grammys) “La Bamba”

From there on out it has been geared more and more to people born around 1980-ish.

It's pretty obvious the demographic they either draw or want at Food and Wine.

mickeyt

Uh..... U-2 and The Rolling Stones may have the dates booked. Or you waiting on Gaga?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

"We invited some of the best musicians in the world to come and take part. Unfortunately, none of them showed up."

hrcollectibles

Can't wait to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy again... I just wish they artists would perform longer sets. That is one of the things I really like about Mardi Gras at Universal, you get a full concert.

71jason

Usher, Chris Brown, Drake, Wale, etc....

Again, you want people who can afford (and legally buy) $8 beers and $15 glasses of wine, and who can then hold their liquor after they drink it. Better to aim for people in their 30s and 40s rather than the 18 - 24 market--WMMO, not XL 106.7. EPCOT isn't trying to be Universal, different target market.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom